Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

I have a RANT! Just one......

Search this Thread

Old 1/22/15, 03:54 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kim,

Note to Ford if they listen.....in about 2 years I am looking at replacing my 2006 Freestar since by then it will be nearing the 200,000 mark. She is now at 135,000 runs fine other than a few issues, brake calipers not releasing fully (recall on them and still doesn't work, traction control is always in alarm) and the side door does not want to close in the cold fully. Just tell Ford to give us the option to NOT have sync.
Old 1/22/15, 05:13 PM
GT Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I must be one of the lucky ones - I have not had any problems with Sync. I have the electronics package and the touchscreen is very responsive, better than the one in my Nissan. I have also never had a problem with it playing a file on my memory stick. The one and only problem I have encountered is it won't read a burned CD which would be nice so I could dump more music on the hard drive.
Old 1/22/15, 06:29 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sync with MyFord is terrible by design and the only fix is complete replacement, imho. To be fair, Ford has already initiated a complete replacement for newer models. That doesn't do anything for existing Sync victims, though.

The MT82 is a crime against nature. Three rebuilds and a replacement and it still doesn't work properly, even with the MGW shifter and Blowfish bracket (installed by my dealer after the replacement failed to resolve the issue).
Old 1/22/15, 06:36 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by Boss 0960

The MT82 is a crime against nature. Three rebuilds and a replacement and it still doesn't work properly, even with the MGW shifter and Blowfish bracket (installed by my dealer after the replacement failed to resolve the issue).
Holy crap!! I'd be looking for an aftermarket replacement for that tranny.

Last edited by 3point7; 1/22/15 at 06:39 PM.
Old 1/22/15, 07:25 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Bentnail
Mine will not remember about 95% of the time....usually reverts back to radio....I stop for gas and then start it back up, back to radio....It will remember what the USB drive was playing last when I flip it back. I have pretty much got away from issuing commands by voice...since it wont understand my anger of not knowing all the commands.
Better watch it before it thinks it`s HAL and you are Dave.

Old 1/22/15, 07:36 PM
Cobra Member

I wish I had gotten HID's on my base 12 GT. The standard Halogens are sub par. Other than that, perfect.
Old 1/22/15, 10:52 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by TripleBlack14
Sounds like a major PITA with Ford.
You can definately say that again......

Apparently FORD screwed up on this one .......and a number of refund checks issued the same time as mine ( Dec 26 ) were done wrong, and all had to be re-issued.... allegedly on Jan 9

Now this is where this PITA starts to wear on one`s patience......

The department that Deysha contacted called me today and assured me that a check was cut on the 9th, went in the mail Jan 12, and would be arriving soon. However......

Last week when talking to a FMC rep that told me the check was issued Dec 26 and should have arrived....... I demanded another check because it apparently was "lost". That order made the Jan 9 check listed as "lost" and a stop payment was on in ( The jan 9 check ) . They were going to see if that could be reversed and would call back... They never did, but it was almost the end of the business day.... So that`s not an issue... For now.

Meanwhile back at the ranch...........

FMC Customer service sends me an email with a number to call the department that issues "refunds". Ok maybe we`re getting somewhere. The rep swears on everything holy that the Dec 26th check was cancelled by ford due to the errors mentioned above BUT..... No subsequent checks have been issued and wont be for LONG TIME due to the backlog.

I get home..... No Check in the mailbox. I think 10 days and still no arrival pretty much guarantees it never was sent.

So now we have 2 different departments giving conflicting information, and no check has ever materialised in my mail box.

I have to admit, that it`s quite ironic that if I had screwed up a check to send them as a payment, didnt make it right immediately, and going on a month later I kept telling them a check was in the mail -- yet it never showed up as each day passed... Would they be reasonable with me? I think we all know just how "nice" they would be, and I`d be seeing the tow truck very soon if the roles were reversed in this one.

Last edited by lajntx; 1/22/15 at 11:05 PM.
Old 1/23/15, 08:10 AM

My sync blows, i have a 14 gt base with track pack, recaros, and sync, should have left the sync option off, i only got it for the bluetooth audio and its awful. everytime i turn my car off with nothing, a usb, a aux cable, or bluetooth, or all three connected, when the car turns on it defaults to sync line in. i miss my bullitt where i could just keep pressing the aux button to switch inputs. i have to hit my voice command switch and command bluetooth audio EVERY time i get in. I never thought i would find software i hated more than toyota's entune...wish i could go back now
Old 1/23/15, 10:23 AM
Bullitt Member

Mine will not remember about 95% of the time....usually reverts back to radio....I stop for gas and then start it back up, back to radio....It will remember what the USB drive was playing last when I flip it back. I have pretty much got away from issuing commands by voice...since it wont understand my anger of not knowing all the commands.
It works if you turn the key in the ignition to turn the accessories on, but wait a few seconds to crank the motor. It will work every time. But if you just hop in and immediately crank the motor, it forgets and reverts to the last radio station played.

I have tested it and it works every time I have tried it. But I find it stupid that I have to sit there for several seconds every time I want to go somewhere. I'll probably have to try a master reset at some point to see if that fixes it (i doubt it), because it doesn't appear that an update is coming any time soon, despite Ford saying one was forthcoming.

Last edited by Critical Mass; 1/23/15 at 10:30 AM.
Old 1/23/15, 12:18 PM
GT Member

Update on my situation....

Still no check as of today`s mail ( 1/23 ). Apparently Ive gotten the double whammy on this one.... Computer error with the first check on 12/26.... then the replacement printed on 1/9 ( mailed 1/12 ) was either never sent or lost in the mail. The department Deysha contacted is working on issuing a new check and sending it overnight via Fed Ex/UPS/etc

Last edited by lajntx; 1/23/15 at 12:19 PM.
Old 1/23/15, 04:44 PM
Cobra Member

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
I had my Sync mic replaced today and all I can say is WOW. The software was upgraded with the new mic and it is day and night compared to a system that I had no problem with before the upgrade. I like it better than my wife's 2015 Lincoln. The Sync lady is a lot nicer now.
Old 1/23/15, 10:29 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 56 Likes on 46 Posts
Good lord what a jumbled mess of complaints-mods let's lock this thread.
Old 1/24/15, 11:03 PM
V6 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have a Ipod Nano permanently on USB in the arm rest and lately every time I start the car I get a message that all my songs could not be loaded. The funny thing is I didn't get that before and I haven't added any new songs to the iPod. Probably time for a software upgrade or a reset. I have a F150 with the same system and it totally locked up loosing the Blutooth and I couldn't even bring the Sync menu up. I ended up pulling the fuse and that reset it (and that fuse was not easy to get to). What can you expect with something Microsoft designed - I'm surprised i don't get the Blue Screen of Death on my display.

Scott
Old 1/25/15, 08:20 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Critical Mass
It works if you turn the key in the ignition to turn the accessories on, but wait a few seconds to crank the motor. It will work every time. But if you just hop in and immediately crank the motor, it forgets and reverts to the last radio station played.

I have tested it and it works every time I have tried it. But I find it stupid that I have to sit there for several seconds every time I want to go somewhere. I'll probably have to try a master reset at some point to see if that fixes it (i doubt it), because it doesn't appear that an update is coming any time soon, despite Ford saying one was forthcoming.
Since it was new, my wife's Escape would start with whatever the hell it wanted to, regardless of what was 'last'. The radio would also turn itself on driving down the road. I could never get anybody at Ford to believe me about that, but it's the truth. At some point, maybe after an upgrade that I didn't do (dealer?), it wanted to 'index' the USB stick every couple-three times it saw it. I never added anything to that stick since the first time we put it in the car. When it wasn't indexing, it would ALWAYS start over with the beginning of the same song. Turn the car off and go in the store... come out and IF the radio went back to USB, or even came back on as you'd expect, it started over with the same song again. Once past that song, it would shuffle the rest of the playlist as requested. Before we traded it off (dumped it, frankly ), the only time it kept track of the USB was if we switched from that to another source and back in the same vehicle 'run cycle'.

To be fair, the new Rogue radio will not come on automatically if the last thing playing was USB. Have to power on the system... and then it plays where it left off. If AM or FM was playing when shut down, the unit comes back on at startup. So it's kinda weird also... but at least it's predictable... which is what drove me batty about the Ford, because it wasn't.
Old 1/25/15, 09:11 AM
Bullitt Member

Kim, Just tell Ford to give us the option to NOT have sync.

I doubt that will happen. Just about all manufactures have some kind system in there cars now.

I have now have had 7 Ford vehicles with Sync in them. While I have had a few minor annoyances I Sync (pun) the system is great.
Old 1/25/15, 03:20 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by R3troGT
I doubt that will happen. Just about all manufactures have some kind system in there cars now.

I have now have had 7 Ford vehicles with Sync in them. While I have had a few minor annoyances I Sync (pun) the system is great.
I never use the thing in my cars that have it.. 2 Fords. It never causes me any issues or requires that it be used to listen to radio. Then again I dont use IPODS, phones, or all the other things that sync has. The last time sync was ever used in either car was when the dealership activated it and tried to show me how to use it. Am I missing something on how not having it is just the same as not using it? Is there something about Sync itself that must be used....even if you arent doing all that other stuff?

On another note.... My twice messed up/lost refund check is on it`s way to me via next day air ( with tracking ), and will be here tomorrow by 1030 AM.

Thanks Deysha & Mandi
Old 1/25/15, 04:25 PM
Ford In-Vehicle Technology Rep

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by I ❤️ FORD

I need help with my Sirius Salelite , I have disconnected my battery for 15 min , had 15 signals sent from Sirius, called the Ford Headquarters too ...I am not sure what else to do to get the Sirius speaking to my speakers it will say acquiring ...not connected, I bought the car in August with 36,000 miles any idea how to get it working? Argh I am cranky about it !
I recommend performing a master reset, I ❤FORD. Here are the instructions: http://support.ford.com/sync-technol...ter-reset-sync

After performing this reset, attempt to connect to Sirius again. If it still does not connect, contact the Sirius Support Center at 1-888-539-7474 so they can send another signal.

If the steps above don’t take care of this, I suggest scheduling an appointment with your dealership for further assistance.

Thank you for your help Kim......
No problem!

Kim,
Note to Ford if they listen.....in about 2 years I am looking at replacing my 2006 Freestar since by then it will be nearing the 200,000 mark. She is now at 135,000 runs fine other than a few issues, brake calipers not releasing fully (recall on them and still doesn't work, traction control is always in alarm) and the side door does not want to close in the cold fully. Just tell Ford to give us the option to NOT have sync.
I’m happy to document your feedback internally. In order for me to do this, I’ll need a little information from you first. Send me a PM with your name, VIN, phone number, current mileage, and your feedback. I’ll provide you with a confirmation number once I’m done.

Originally Posted by REDBLITZ
… i miss my bullitt where i could just keep pressing the aux button to switch inputs. i have to hit my voice command switch and command bluetooth audio EVERY time i get in. I never thought i would find software i hated more than toyota's entune...wish i could go back now
Hey REDBLITZ,

Although voice commands are the easiest way to switch sources (in my opinion), you also have the option to use buttons if you’d prefer. More information can be found on page 356 of the Owner’s Manual in the BLUETOOTH AUDIO section: http://www.fordservicecontent.com/Fo...US_02_2014.pdf

Originally Posted by ScottV
I have a Ipod Nano permanently on USB in the arm rest and lately every time I start the car I get a message that all my songs could not be loaded. The funny thing is I didn't get that before and I haven't added any new songs to the iPod. Probably time for a software upgrade or a reset. I have a F150 with the same system and it totally locked up loosing the Blutooth and I couldn't even bring the Sync menu up. I ended up pulling the fuse and that reset it (and that fuse was not easy to get to). What can you expect with something Microsoft designed - I'm surprised i don't get the Blue Screen of Death on my display.
Scott
It’s always a good idea to keep your software current, Scott. Log in at: www.Support.Ford.com to make sure you’re running the latest version. Unplug the iPod and try soft resetting it every once in a while as well. This is done by holding the MENU and SELECT (middle) buttons until the Apple logo pops up. This helps keep everything running smoothly.

Kim
Old 1/26/15, 06:55 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by FordIVTteam
Although voice commands are the easiest way to switch sources (in my opinion), you also have the option to use buttons if you’d prefer.
I'm afraid I have to disagree with this. Perhaps it was true of the '13 Edge I recently dumped because it didn't have any "real" buttons. But the Mustang does have useable "real" buttons and I find it much easier to use them than the disobedient SYNC voice commands.

Besides, one thing that Ford - and every other manufacturer with voice command systems - has apparently failed to realize is that voice commands may be fine when you're alone in the car but not so much when you have passengers. I really hate telling them "shut up, I want to talk to my car for a moment".
Old 1/26/15, 07:15 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by lajntx
On another note.... My twice messed up/lost refund check is on it`s way to me via next day air ( with tracking ), and will be here tomorrow by 1030 AM.

Thanks Deysha & Mandi
Great! Glad this has been resolved for you, lajntx. You're very welcome!

Deysha
Old 1/26/15, 04:49 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by FordService
Great! Glad this has been resolved for you, lajntx. You're very welcome!

Deysha
Thanks again, Check arrived today just before 10AM via UPS

Quick Reply: I have a RANT! Just one......