Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Garage Door Opener in Visor.

Search this Thread

Old 2/23/15, 03:31 PM
GT Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Question Garage Door Opener in Visor.

Do any of you have any experience programing the remote built into the visor with Wayne Dalton Garage door openers?

I have tried the instructions in the manual and cant get it to work. I am currently searching the net for better instructions but havent had any luck yet.

Anything special any of you had to doo to get yours working?Like standing on your head, spinning counter clockwise while saying the pledge of allegiance?

UPDATE:

I figured it out. Below are the steps I did with some pics. Hopefully it will help some that are having issues

1. Make sure you car is parked as close to the grage door opener as possible.

2. Erase any codes that may currently be in the homelink device. Do this by pressing and holding both the outer homelink buttons for 20 sec. until the red light over the middle button blinks rapidly.
Name:  GarDoorEraseCodes_zpsymvhdh58.jpg
Views: 11939
Size:  64.0 KB

3. After the codes are deleted. Take your existing garage door opener (handheld in my case) and hold it 1-2 inches away from the homelink device and simultaneously press the button to operate the door on the handheld device and the button on the visor that you want to program (In my case it was the middle button) until the red light on the homelink device blinks rapidly.

Name:  GarDoorSelectButton_zpsaqezofmc.jpg
Views: 10852
Size:  53.8 KB
This programs the homelink button to the HANDHELD device, not the Actual garage door opener.

4. Go to the Garage door opener itself and locate the Program/Learn button
Name:  GarDoorPressProgramButton_zpswxfdjglc.jpg
Views: 13749
Size:  53.9 KB

5. Press this button once (for my wayne dalton model) and the Status light and over head light will come on and stay on.
Name:  GarDoorLearnMode_zpsxhlflicm.jpg
Views: 11328
Size:  43.6 KB

6. You now have 30 seconds to go back to your car and press and hold the button you programed earlier. When complete the garage door light (pictured above) will flash three times and the door will operate.

Your homelink device is will now operate your door.

I know not all garage door openers will work in the same fashion but I feel this may be a common procedure with a lot of them.

Hope this helps!!

Last edited by SouthernStang79; 3/2/15 at 02:32 PM.
The following users liked this post:
3rdHonk (3/13/22)
Old 2/23/15, 03:48 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Call the number is your owners manual regarding the universal garage door opener, they will assist you or you may have to order the module that connect to your garage door opener motor, thats what I had to do. Trust me its not you its the lack of the module on the power unit.
Old 2/23/15, 05:27 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by SouthernStang79
Do any of you have any experience programing the remote built into the visor with Wayne Dalton Garage door openers?

I have tried the instructions in the manual and cant get it to work. I am currently searching the net for better instructions but havent had any luck yet.

Anything special any of you had to doo to get yours working?Like standing on your head, spinning counter clockwise while saying the pledge of allegiance?
There is a ''learn" button on your receiver which is on the motor; follow the wires. Press the learn button with the car very close, possibly under the opener but NOT in the door path. When the light above the button blinks, you have 30 seconds to program the visor opener. Hold it till it blinks rapidly and he door will proably move to show the code is received. If this doesn't work, repeat the steps except mash the visor button repeatedly till it accepts the code. The second procedure is for rolling code transmitters. An trouble PM me. Luck.
Old 2/24/15, 01:00 PM
GT Member

I'll give this a try as well. Mine wouldn't program either.
Old 2/24/15, 09:27 PM
V6 Member

Mine didn't work either, even tried calling Homelink. They said by purchasing a different receiver that it should work, well lets just say I will be giving them another call when I have some free time....
Old 2/24/15, 11:54 PM
Cobra Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
guys if ur garage door opener is older than 4 years u need a module to hook up to ur main unit, the company that makes these for ford is called car2u

Last edited by HizliBullet; 2/24/15 at 11:56 PM.
Old 2/25/15, 04:09 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by HizliBullet
guys if ur garage door opener is older than 4 years u need a module to hook up to ur main unit, the company that makes these for ford is called car2u

Universal Garage Door Opener: Car2U for Rolling Code Transmitter│Ford How-To Video - YouTube
Going to try this tonight. If it works you are the man!
Old 2/25/15, 05:36 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Mine doesn't work. I spent so much time and effort one day, that I just gave up. I don't know why Ford would put out such a bogus product. Thanks Ford, you wasted about 3 hours of my time.
Old 2/25/15, 05:40 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 1,153 Likes on 841 Posts
I followed the owners manual and mine worked.
Old 2/25/15, 06:05 PM

I couldn't get it to work once I synchronized the one in my car to the portable opener that came with my garage door opener. The directions in the owners manual for the mustang advise you to find the pairing/sync button on you garage door opener and follow the directions that came with it to finalize pairing to you car. It's not Ford, it's your garage door opener that won't allow the portable door opener to be copied and used to open the door without manually pairing to your garage door opener. It's a security feature of the garage door opener. Mine works perfectly now. It just took a little longer.
Old 2/25/15, 07:08 PM
GT Member

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Rodsmustang
Mine doesn't work. I spent so much time and effort one day, that I just gave up. I don't know why Ford would put out such a bogus product. Thanks Ford, you wasted about 3 hours of my time.
I have two Sears Craftsman door openers and got both to work on the first try.
Old 2/26/15, 05:09 PM
GT Member

I have 2 Genie openers and no luck yet. Frustrating for sure.
Old 2/27/15, 12:00 AM

Me too, first try. It works better than my Craftsman remote.
Old 2/27/15, 07:10 AM
Bullitt Member

Why is it then, it took a few minutes to program my wife's 2014 traverse but I can't program mine. Something's not right!!! Oh, that's right Ford probably saved .50 cents a unit so they bought the one that doesn't work right!!! After spending hours on trying to pair them together, I won't waste another minute of my time.

It's not my garage door opener that's the problem, it's the fact that the unit is not universal enough, that's why some work and some don't. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that out!!
Old 2/27/15, 07:13 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by SouthernStang79
Originally Posted by Ace Red
I'll give this a try as well. Mine wouldn't program either.
Originally Posted by pressman43
I have 2 Genie openers and no luck yet. Frustrating for sure.
Hey guys,

If the video HizliBullet doesn’t help, additional system information can be found on-line at www.learcar2U.com or by calling the toll-free help line 1-866-572-2728. I hope this helps.

Deysha
Old 2/27/15, 12:19 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Why is it then, it took a few minutes to program my wife's 2014 traverse but I can't program mine. Something's not right!!! Oh, that's right Ford probably saved .50 cents a unit so they bought the one that doesn't work right!!! After spending hours on trying to pair them together, I won't waste another minute of my time.

It's not my garage door opener that's the problem, it's the fact that the unit is not universal enough, that's why some work and some don't. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that out!!
Please get yourself a GM product then, since clearly the Ford is inferior. The Homelink system managed to connect to my POS no name garage door opener, I just followed the directions.
Old 2/27/15, 06:59 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by captain slow
Please get yourself a GM product then, since clearly the Ford is inferior. The Homelink system managed to connect to my POS no name garage door opener, I just followed the directions.

Glad yours worked but mine didn't and others haven't as well. I followed the directions verbatim. Not the kind of product I like to deal with. To your response about a GM product, at least it worked as advertised.
Old 2/27/15, 09:41 PM
GT Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
It worked on the first try on my 12 year old Chamberlain.
Old 2/27/15, 10:34 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
I have a Liftmaster which is a Chamberlain just like Sears is too.

I couldn't get mine to work from the manual. I went online and still couldn't get it to work. Then after trying some different stuff and doing a little bit of both it finally worked. I have no idea how I did it and no idea how to program my other Ford.
Old 2/28/15, 06:53 AM
Bullitt Member

I have a lift master as well, maybe one of these days I'll try it again after a few beers, I think that will help!!!

Quick Reply: Garage Door Opener in Visor.