Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Can someone help me?

Search this Thread

Old 10/29/14, 09:41 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Can someone help me?

Okay well 2 weeks ago I bought some AMR wheels, almost new with no tpms sensors. When I drove the car with the wheels I noticed small vibration on my steering wheel and decided the dealership to balance them for me. I drove my car for a couple of miles and I can still feel the vibration... Is it possible I need a alignment? Or is it possible the dealership did not balanced them right? My wheels are 19s staggered pirelli.... I also mentioned that they don't have the tpms sensors, because ever since I had the wheels in my car I haven't had the dash light turn on me at all. I've searched all over the Internet and haven't found an answer..... is there something wrong with my car or whatever is synced with the tpms sensors?
Old 10/30/14, 06:35 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 550 Likes on 356 Posts
I don't know if the AMR's have the recess on the back side of the wheels to accommodate the retaining star washer that is put on at the factory to hold the rotors on during manufacturing but I would take those off first and see if the vibration goes away.
Old 10/30/14, 09:07 AM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Getting out of work I'll check that out, I hate driving around like that. I might tell the dealership to rebalance them again I don't really know if they did it right, because I keep bringing my car there for not doing their work right. I already took my car 2 times for a repaint on the bumper, because it was pealing off. Might have to bring it again because it's doing it again.... Also when they painted the hood they broke one of the windshield washers and noticed a small scratch on my headlights. I might try another dealership to paint my bumper right
Old 10/30/14, 10:15 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 776 Likes on 567 Posts
If you still have the stock wheels and tires you can put one of them back on the front to see if the shake goes away. Try one at at a time. I know it rubs but if you can find the bad wheel/tire its worth it. Maybe you have a bad tire. I don't think an alignment will fix your problem.
Old 10/30/14, 09:33 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm with Glenn on this; you need to isolate and identify the source of the problem. If his idea doesn't solve the problem, you might try to get access to a set of wheels/tires which are known to be fully functional... maybe a Mustang-owning friend (?). If the vibration persists while driving on these, you will have to start looking for suspension glitches. Good luck to you.
Old 10/31/14, 07:39 AM
Cobra Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
This is the main reason I don't want to change out my wheels...they are perfect right now and the slightest vibration will drive me nuts....added some to my DD (not my Mustang) right after I bought it a few years back and spent the next 3 months going from place to place to try and get them balanced, even a Road Force balance....finally gave up and put the stock wheels back on.....