Notices
2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Anyone have experience with JDM Engineering in Freehold, NJ?

Search this Thread

Old 9/3/14, 12:36 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone have experience with JDM Engineering in Freehold, NJ?

I'm just looking for previous customer feedback. I spoke to them yesterday about adding shorties and an X pipe, but I was told it would make my car raspy and I definitely don't want that. It was recommended that I do gears next followed by a drive shaft. They are 8 weeks out right now so I guess they must be good!
Old 9/3/14, 12:44 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I heard they are good/knowledgeable from several people on here. I called them about getting my suspension done and plan to go there as soon as I get the money for it. Sound like good guys from the conversation I had.
Old 9/3/14, 12:52 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Last1
I heard they are good/knowledgeable from several people on here. I called them about getting my suspension done and plan to go there as soon as I get the money for it. Sound like good guys from the conversation I had.
I got the same impression. Thanks.
Old 9/3/14, 03:09 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
No prob. I'm waiting for Zto5 and Alibi to chime in...they get work done there.
Old 9/4/14, 05:40 AM
Bullitt Member

I got my gears done there in my 13 V6.
Best guys around but they cost $$$$$.
Old 9/4/14, 05:51 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by the5
I'm fine with that. It's worth it for quality and piece of mind.
Old 9/4/14, 11:09 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by cdiaz1069
I'm just looking for previous customer feedback. I spoke to them yesterday about adding shorties and an X pipe, but I was told it would make my car raspy and I definitely don't want that. It was recommended that I do gears next followed by a drive shaft. They are 8 weeks out right now so I guess they must be good!
I had them do kooks shortys, jegs SS deletes and a tune on my Boss. Nick an Jim Jr were great and the tune was awesome. Sure it was a bit more $$ than other shops but their mechanic is one of the tops in the business. He builds all their cobra jets and knows Mustangs in and out period. Since they work on a lot of sponsored cobra jets, they are really really busy. This summer i wanted to drop 12k + in cash on mods but they couldnt fit me in so im using someone else in Jersey. I think best bet to get time there is off season - like January haha
Old 9/4/14, 12:01 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by lp heaven
I had them do kooks shortys, jegs SS deletes and a tune on my Boss. Nick an Jim Jr were great and the tune was awesome. Sure it was a bit more $$ than other shops but their mechanic is one of the tops in the business. He builds all their cobra jets and knows Mustangs in and out period. Since they work on a lot of sponsored cobra jets, they are really really busy. This summer i wanted to drop 12k + in cash on mods but they couldnt fit me in so im using someone else in Jersey. I think best bet to get time there is off season - like January haha
I spoke to Jim Jr. and felt very comfortable with his advice. Wow. No wonder he told me they were 8 weeks out. I'm looking around the end of October or early November. I can wait, especially for top quality work.
Old 9/4/14, 12:29 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 537 Likes on 420 Posts
I dealt with Nick @ JDM, great experience, and love my tune. Spot-on from the first get-go, no revisions required.
Old 9/4/14, 06:02 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Received 1,681 Likes on 1,200 Posts
Originally Posted by cdiaz1069
I'm fine with that. It's worth it for quality and piece of mind.

^^BINGO!!!
Old 9/4/14, 07:37 PM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
Originally Posted by Last1
No prob. I'm waiting for Zto5 and Alibi to chime in...they get work done there.
Sorry I'm late.

Gabe got me hooked on them too. Jim jr and nick have been great to work with. Jim sr is working an updated fuel trim tune for me, but it's been taking some time. Still great service though, but Jim has been stretched thin due to some racing commitments.

As far as the product, the tune has been great. Eliminated my lazy throttle response. Smooth tune too. Very streetable. You'll have no issues with them. Tell them you know gabe and I
Old 9/4/14, 08:19 PM
Bullitt Member

Awesome feedback. Now I patiently wait for them to call with an opening.
Old 9/5/14, 03:37 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 684 Likes on 347 Posts
Have had both of my cars done by JDM, top notch work. Jim Sr., who does all of the tuning, used to work for Ford................as a tuner. As mentioned earlier, they are a busy shop with many " racing " clients, getting an appointment is a waiting game.
Their labor costs are in line with other shops, & they are an authorized FRPP dealer.
There are other shops in N.J., but I won't take my cars anywhere else.
Old 9/5/14, 11:29 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by FromZto5
Sorry I'm late.

Gabe got me hooked on them too. Jim jr and nick have been great to work with. Jim sr is working an updated fuel trim tune for me, but it's been taking some time. Still great service though, but Jim has been stretched thin due to some racing commitments.

As far as the product, the tune has been great. Eliminated my lazy throttle response. Smooth tune too. Very streetable. You'll have no issues with them. Tell them you know gabe and I
I try not to talk to Jim Sr..... he is one grouchy SOB hahaha
Old 9/5/14, 11:34 AM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by lp heaven
I try not to talk to Jim Sr..... he is one grouchy SOB hahaha
I heard! Lol. But he writes Hella great tunes! That's why we leave Jr. to talk with his dad.
Old 9/29/14, 05:03 PM
I Have No Life

God I love JDM engineering. Not only do they write great tunes, but Look what I got at home today
Old 7/20/16, 08:07 PM

Lol

I know this is an old convo but I would hardly call JDM the best around, I had a horrible experience with them and I'm not the only complaint
Old 7/21/16, 05:49 AM
GT Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by NickyD
I know this is an old convo but I would hardly call JDM the best around, I had a horrible experience with them and I'm not the only complaint
So... they gave you a more conservative tune than you wanted, and the answer is to go registering on Mustang forums and bumping old threads that mention them so you can troll them?

I can tell you are going to be a valuable member of the community
Old 7/21/16, 09:13 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 684 Likes on 347 Posts
After having both cars done by JDM, I sent several people to them for work, the common complaint is, " it takes forever to get an appointment. "
The shop does a lot of race car building / maintaining, & the owner does road trips for his clients.
As he does ALL THE TUNING, this creates a bottleneck.
I have talked to other people who didn't like JDM, but when you hear their story, you quickly find out where the issue lies.

Last edited by 1 Alibi 2; 7/21/16 at 09:17 AM.
Old 7/21/16, 09:24 AM
I Have No Life

LOL.

Originally Posted by Skrapmetal
So... they gave you a more conservative tune than you wanted, and the answer is to go registering on Mustang forums and bumping old threads that mention them so you can troll them?

I can tell you are going to be a valuable member of the community
exactly.

Originally Posted by 1 Alibi 2
After having both cars done by JDM, I sent several people to them for work, the common complaint is, " it takes forever to get an appointment. "
The shop does a lot of race car building / maintaining, & the owner does road trips for his clients.
As he does ALL THE TUNING, this creates a bottleneck.
I have talked to other people who didn't like JDM, but when you hear their story, you quickly find out where the issue lies.

exactly again.

I can honestly say I LOVE JDM ENGINEERING. I'm one of their biggest proponents. Senior is hard to get a hold of and is quite a character but he does great work. Nick is awesome to work with. Their tunes are spot on. They make their tunes streetable and most of all safe. They don't like aggressive tunes - for the safety and reliability of their customers.

They have given me FANTASTIC customer service from day 1. And hell, I'm in IOWA, and they're in Jersey. If they're giving me this GOOD a service being all the way out here, I envy folks who can actually meet them in person and work with them.

So though I agree that everyone has their own opinion and choice, my opinion and experience show that JDM has been really good to me. And I will continue to use them when/where I can.

Quick Reply: Anyone have experience with JDM Engineering in Freehold, NJ?