SN95 Mustang 1994-2004 Mustangs Member Tech & Restoration Discussion

Reupholstery!

Search this Thread

Old 4/17/06, 09:45 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'd either get it done, or do i myself...

right now I have a tan interior, and I want black... for the seats, I could get black leather one's from a junk yard for a fairly descent price, but the dye, carpeting, steering wheel, etc., it might all get alittle pricey and too much for one man to handel in a weekend.

So the question of the night/day is, how much would it cost to have it done, or, how much would all the parts/pieces cost to buy (not all has to be new, i'd be willing to get the seats and the steering wheel from a yard, or even ebay).
Old 4/18/06, 05:05 AM
Mach 1 Member

if you just wanted black carpeting and seats, it wouldnt be too difficult. if you did just those black and left the rest of the trim tan, it might not look too bad.
but if you want to change the dashboard, center colsole, and other tan interior trim, to completely change the interior to black, it's going to significantly increase the difficulty. not only will finding those pieces be hard, but ripping your entire interior out and replacing it will be time consuming.
if you really want an all black int, there are places that will be able to do that, but i really dont know what that would cost. good luck with whatever you go with.
Old 4/18/06, 09:30 AM
Mach 1 Member

Yea, I'm looking for alla black interior...

IMO, black look soooo much better than tan. (on a white car anyway)
Old 4/18/06, 09:56 AM
Mach 1 Member

I agree on the black interior. my car is performance red with a Dark Charcoal (almost black) interior, and i love the contrast of colors.
Old 4/18/06, 12:13 PM
Mach 1 Member

Like stated above if you do the carpet and seats...it won't cost that much.

However, to do all panels....etc...it'll get pricey quick.

I say settle for the tan interior.
Old 4/18/06, 04:11 PM
Mach 1 Member

Settle for the tan. Black and charcoal shows the dust too much.
Old 4/18/06, 11:07 PM
Mach 1 Member

If i knew how much it'd be just for parts, i could make a better decision about wether to just stay with the tan or not. I much prefer black, my wife's old car had black leather and it was VERRRYYYYYY sexy! if it costs 1k for all used parts, i'd be all for it, but it's if 3k just for used parts i'd settle...
Old 4/20/06, 06:59 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The door pannel runs some where betwee $215 to $315 from kevin. If you go to a regular Dealer expect to pay around $450. The seat covers run about $600 per seat for the front. You can get a complete set of Katkin covers for about $679 plus installation. The quarter pannels for the vert run $87 each so I would have to say the ones for the coupe would cost around $130 since they are two pieces for each side. Don't forget about the headliner and the seatbelts if yours didn't come with charcoal ones like my 02 vert did. I wouldn't even begin to guess about the cost of a dash. You might give Mustang parts Specialities www.stangparts.com a call and see what you can get the parts out of a salvage car for. i would just shy away from getting a used drivers door pannel because the mount for the lower screw tends to break from use.
Old 4/20/06, 07:33 PM
Mach 1 Member

I have a vert as well... so no headliner needed... I've never really looked at my seatbelts since I put them on only when I'm driving for longer than 2 hours.

thanks for the info though, I'll probably give those guys a call soon...