05-09 Exterior Modifications Making Your '05 Stand Out from the Crowd

Mustang center caps

Search this Thread

Old 1/18/10, 07:40 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mustang center caps

Ok I think I'm sold on these Mustang Deep Dish Bullitt chrome wheels, 18x9 from WheelHQ.com . The center cap size is 2.5" (63.5mm). Can any one help me find any center caps to fit that size, I'm really wanting some Mustang Tri bar pony centers for that size. I have been searching the web with not much results.

[IMG]file:///C:/Users/Tim/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot.png[/IMG]
Attached Thumbnails Mustang center caps-pony-center-caps.jpg  
Attached Images  
Old 1/18/10, 08:02 PM
Bullitt Member

Found some Ford Racing center caps that I would love to have at Mustangs Unlimited. They say they fit 2005- 2009 base 17" wheels and all Mustang GT 18" wheels, but they don't say what diameter that is. Anyone know what diameter that would be, I'm looking for 2.5" ( 63.5mm)
Attached Images  
Old 1/18/10, 08:09 PM
Bullitt Member

Found the Pony tri bar center caps I want at Mustangs unlimited but they say they are 2.9/16" (2.675) so I dont see them fitting in a 2.5" whole I guess. And I guess the Ford Racing caps in the post above must be the same size, 2.9/16" (2,675). That stinks...........
Old 1/19/10, 07:55 AM
Bullitt Member

I just got these and put them over the Konig caps, just get them in the right size.

http://www.makingitdigital.net/store...&ppinc=search2
Old 1/19/10, 04:04 PM
Bullitt Member

Starfire, thanks so much that looks like the ticket, that should work fine. I wont hav to worry about size and fit and all that.
Old 1/19/10, 06:07 PM
Bullitt Member

Starfire can you put up a picture or two of your rims so I can see what they look like?
Old 1/19/10, 08:00 PM
Bullitt Member

Well I have my winter rims on now, I can snap a pic of the centers if that what you want to see.

They are good quality, there like a cleat gel sticker so there thick, not thin and flimsy.
Old 1/20/10, 09:29 AM
Bullitt Member

"Winter Rims", what a concept!! Thats a shame, I enjoy my Mustang as is 365 days a year. Yeah if you could snap a picture I would appreciate it. I like those caps. After all my looking, the rims I'm wanting from WheelHQ have the 2.5" centers, but I cant find any that size. All the ones I have found are either 2.9/16" or 2.1/4".I was really wanting the nice metal caps with the chrome ring, but just cant find them in my size, so these caps look like they are the perfect solution.
Old 1/20/10, 06:19 PM

Most of the repro Bullitts use 94 - 04 centers. Look at those on mustangs unlimited, such as these
http://www.mustangsunlimited.com/ite...s&CatKey=74-01
Old 1/20/10, 06:40 PM
Bullitt Member

Thanks sjstrayer, I looked all over thier website and could not find anything 2.1/2" . I emailed them , now I have to find out if that's the outside diameter or the size hole it fits into.
Old 1/21/10, 05:23 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts
Just a heads up on this , in some cases it's not just the diameter that matters. I have the Steeda Spyder wheels and they have a 2.25" hole and I got some caps that size and the diameter was fine , but you couldn't push them far enough into the wheel to get them to lock ...
Old 1/21/10, 01:54 PM
Bullitt Member

Oh Oh So Steve what am I looking for then, The specs on the wheels I want from WheelHQ say the center cap size is 2.5" (63.5mm) . What else can I do, if I buy center caps that fit 2.5' they should work right?
Old 1/21/10, 06:56 PM

Here is another link, same ones but a little less. They say they fit Bullitt style aftermarket wheels. Found the link on another forum from a guy that said they fit his 18" Bullitt replicas like a glove.
http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/item/LRS-1130BL-K
Old 1/21/10, 09:40 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by sjstrayer
Here is another link, same ones but a little less. They say they fit Bullitt style aftermarket wheels. Found the link on another forum from a guy that said they fit his 18" Bullitt replicas like a glove.
http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/item/LRS-1130BL-K
DUDE! You can find caps like that on ebay for $59 - I think with free shipping.

Here are some of my 2.5 inch center caps, in and out...

I do like those domed decal emblems - just wish the FORD MUSTANG was a little closer to the old school caps.
Attached Thumbnails Mustang center caps-100_2224.jpg   Mustang center caps-100_2227.jpg   Mustang center caps-100_2229.jpg   Mustang center caps-100_2234.jpg  
Old 1/22/10, 05:35 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Tim , I still haven't found any caps that will fit my Steeda wheels , i.e. that will lock into the wheels. Like I said I found caps that were the 2.25" diameter and they fit into the hole , but when I tried to push them in and lock the cap , the prongs that lock it to the wheel weren't long enough for it to lock. It may just be that the depth of the holes on the Steeda wheels aren't a standard size and you may not have any problems with your wheels. I just wanted to let you know that it's not just the diameter of the hole you have to fit , so you don't wind up like me with a set you can't use ...
Old 1/22/10, 08:54 AM
Bullitt Member

So Doug did those center caps work in your rims then?? Looking at the ruler next to your rim, I'm beginning to think the fit on these center caps is not as close a tolerance as I thought.I have looked all over Ebay and cant find one set that say they are 2.5" , just timing I guess.

Steve thanks for the info. I got a PM from Lou, and he is going to sell me a set of 2.5" center caps, chrome ring, black background, tribar pony, like I want.

I would say my first choice is the correct fitting center caps, but if that doesn't work out, the next best choice I see is the Center cap emblems from that MID digital. They look pretty good, and I think it would be hard to tell they weren't the real deal unless you looked up close I think. Steve in your case that is what I would go with. I mean its a pretty good set up, leave the center cap that came with the rims on, and just stick the Mustang center cap you like on over it. They even come in various background colors, I was thinking I would use the red background as it would look good on my red car.
Old 1/22/10, 09:15 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Tim , yes I am considering the ones from MID digital , for the price it's worth a try ...
Old 1/25/10, 11:09 PM
GT Member

Try centercaps.net- that's where I got mine! Cheap, too!
-Jim
Old 1/26/10, 12:03 AM
Bullitt Member

I think I have begun to see one problem with getting the right size cap. The ones Doug has, the tri bar pony on black background, dont have the chrome ring around the outside, the outside diameter is 2.5, they fit in the rim flush, like the picture in my first post, so they go in further, and the rim forms the chrome edge around the center cap.
Then there are the other caps, that have the chrome ring around them, that cover the rim, and so dont fit in as far.I guess Im looking for ones like Doug has, like the ones sjstrayer has linked to. I had a offer for some, I'm waiting to hear back from.
Old 3/9/15, 04:43 PM

in need of steeda caps as well

Originally Posted by 05YellowGT
Just a heads up on this , in some cases it's not just the diameter that matters. I have the Steeda Spyder wheels and they have a 2.25" hole and I got some caps that size and the diameter was fine , but you couldn't push them far enough into the wheel to get them to lock ...
I know this is a super old thread but i found myself in this same boat over the weekend. I got the steeda spyder rims with 1 missing centercap....was wondering what the out come of this was...did you ever find steeda centercaps that will fit your rims? If so can you send me a link....any info will help thanks.

Quick Reply: Mustang center caps