General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Was I ripped off? Alignment Question

Search this Thread

Old 1/11/17, 06:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Was I ripped off? Alignment Question

Hey Guys, new to the forum and wanted to see if anyone could help me out. I went to Tire Kingdom today for a tire alignment. The guy that I talked to initially, wanted me to come back the next day because they were 2 hours away from closing but i insisted on doing it today. The alignment report came back and it looks like they barely did anything. Would you guys say that this is a proper alignment? I'm not sure how to read alignment reports so any advice you guys have would be great. And if it was done incorrectly what should I say when I go back? Thank you in advance!

2015 Ford Mustang V6

Old 1/11/17, 08:08 PM
Cobra Member

Received 26 Likes on 25 Posts
I never go to those places for an Alignment. I either go to Ford and ask them to for their best alignment person and talk to them to see if they know there stuff. The specs look right. Why did you get an alignment?
Old 1/11/17, 09:56 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 667 Likes on 541 Posts
Now, I can't say I'm an expert on the 2015 rear suspension, but in looking at all the connections of the IRS back there from various sources, it looks like they have it set for toe-only adjustments, meaning the camber and caster is set at the factory just like the front... and really, there's no caster on the rear, doesn't need it. If camber is messed up on any corner, or caster is messed up at the front, the car is either worn out in parts, damaged by something, or modified with non-factory adjuster parts (caster/camber plates and lowering springs, for example.)

In which case, on an undamaged, good repair, non-modified stock car all they can change is the toe. And they did, a little more centered in the specs than you had. Your front toe was pretty bad on both sides, they fixed that. The rear toe had one that was getting out of spec, so they fixed that too.

I think they did fine. And that's why it's barely anything, because it's four little places that get adjusted. Takes nothing for a guy that knows what he's doin'. These super amazo alignment machines are so good at what they do, they're dang near fool proof. They guide a person exactly on how to set up the car, how to adjust...

I mean, if I can run one of those machines and align my car right, anyone can.

What? Oh, indeed, I AM trained on the alignment machines. Not bad for an IT guy. Heh.

Last edited by houtex; 1/11/17 at 09:58 PM.
Old 1/12/17, 05:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by houtex
Now, I can't say I'm an expert on the 2015 rear suspension, but in looking at all the connections of the IRS back there from various sources, it looks like they have it set for toe-only adjustments, meaning the camber and caster is set at the factory just like the front... and really, there's no caster on the rear, doesn't need it. If camber is messed up on any corner, or caster is messed up at the front, the car is either worn out in parts, damaged by something, or modified with non-factory adjuster parts (caster/camber plates and lowering springs, for example.)

In which case, on an undamaged, good repair, non-modified stock car all they can change is the toe. And they did, a little more centered in the specs than you had. Your front toe was pretty bad on both sides, they fixed that. The rear toe had one that was getting out of spec, so they fixed that too.

I think they did fine. And that's why it's barely anything, because it's four little places that get adjusted. Takes nothing for a guy that knows what he's doin'. These super amazo alignment machines are so good at what they do, they're dang near fool proof. They guide a person exactly on how to set up the car, how to adjust...

I mean, if I can run one of those machines and align my car right, anyone can.

What? Oh, indeed, I AM trained on the alignment machines. Not bad for an IT guy. Heh.
thank you so much!!! You really helped me out!