The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums (https://themustangsource.com/forums/)
-   General Vehicle Discussion/News (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f647/)
-   -   2015 Challenger SRT Hellcat (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f647/2015-challenger-srt-hellcat-530529/)

GT40 2 5/21/14 04:46 PM

2015 Challenger SRT Hellcat

supercharged 6.2

Dodge has finally introduced its 2015 Challenger SRT Hellcat, outfitted with Chrysler Group's most powerful V8 engine ever.

The Challenger Hellcat's front end design features a Viper-esque hood scoop that was revealed in spy shots. The front end has been modified with larger air intakes in order to feed the required amount of air to the supercharger, while the rear end brings independent taillights and other tweaks that were revealed earlier this year on the standard Challenger.

That Viper connection likely isn't an accident as the Hellcat promises to rival the total power offered by Chrysler's flagship model, which will be returned to the Dodge brand after a brief stint under the separate SRT banner.

"We have a situation where, you know -- we may have a situation -- where the flagship car is not the most powerful car in our arsenal ... how do we explain that to ourselves? So we have an internal horsepower race as well as an external one," SRT CEO Ralph Gilles revealed in an interview published in the April issue of Hot Rod Magazine.

The 6.2-liter supercharged Hellcat HEMI does not officially take the power crown from the Viper, unless Dodge's promise of "600 plus" horsepower actually equates to more than 640 ponies. Interestingly, the announcement omits a torque rating for the all-new engine, though earlier rumors have pointed to approximately 600 lb-ft of twist. Those figures put the coupe behind the Ford Shelby GT500 and just ahead of the Chevrolet Camaro ZL1.

Owners can prevent guests in the driver seat from unleashing the Hellcat's full potential, which can only be unlocked with one of the two included key fobs. Valet mode remaps the engine to significantly reduce output and establish a 4,000 rpm redline, while the transmission shifts early and locks out first gear.

The company has not forgotten about the existing Challenger SRT package with the 392 HEMI, which has been retuned for 485 horsepower and 475 lb-ft of torque.

Production for the Challenger SRT and its Hellcat stablemate is expected to begin in the third quarter of the year. Pricing and launch dates have not yet been revealed

KushBandit 5/21/14 05:33 PM

I remember when Dodge didn't debut the Hellcat at one of their auto shows and people were upset because that had been anticipating it.

Forged Internals ftw!

I can't wait to see one on the road, I love the new challengers. The 2015 392 Scat Pack is an awesome looking car as well.

=HYPERDRIVE= 5/22/14 05:33 PM

DAT EXHAUST SOUND! FFFUUUU********K!!!

CCTking 5/22/14 09:26 PM

Originally Posted by =HYPERDRIVE= (Post 6806349)
DAT EXHAUST SOUND! FFFUUUU********K!!! Video Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7r1bOZd7T8Q

I so wasnt expecting that, my speakers nearly blew out! Lawd that sounded amazing!!!!

Stage_3 5/26/14 02:43 PM

Here is a better sounding video.

This is going to be one nasty car boys and girls. It's got forged pistons and connecting rods, forged crankshaft, specially designed aluminum cylinder heads, TREMEC 6 speed transmission, (which is optional), front AND rear Brembo brakes, and a pretty cool feature that is the driver's side delete parking lamp allowing cool air into the cold air intake. And it's got 2 key fobs, one is black and one is red. The black is to limit the car's potential and the red key is the "key to fun", so to speak. lol
NASTY! :nice:

evobeaner 5/26/14 04:47 PM

If only they could take it below 3800 lbs at least.

Ethanjbeau 5/26/14 05:03 PM

Wonder if weight reduction was a goal? And if any was done at all.

KushBandit 5/26/14 06:39 PM

Originally Posted by Ethanjbeau (Post 6807687)
Wonder if weight reduction was a goal? And if any was done at all.

I personally doubt it. I've always seen Dodge/Chrysler to throw more power into something if they want their new design to perform quicker.

Even the Super Bee Charger doesn't shed much weight, with it weighing in at 3,961 lbs.

bob 5/29/14 11:32 PM

So apparently the Hellcat V8 is going to be 6.2 liters with almost 12 pound of boost.

This is my prognostication for power;

The 6.4 Hemi makes 485 horsepower in SRT form so all things being equal a reduction in size would lower power to 470 horsepower.

I didn't see anything about compression ratio on the 6.4 or 6.2 so I'm going to guess its around 11:1 with the 6.4 and will most likely drop to around 9:1 or so with the blower, maybe bit less which chops about 4% for every full point of compression lost so N/A all things being equal that would be around 433 horsepower.

The blower peaks at nearly twelve pounds of boost and each pound is worth roughly about 20hp so the blower is going to add around 232 horsepower.

So I can see the Hellcat making in the neighborhood of 665-670 (maybe 680) horsepower which would give it a comfortable margin over the Viper motor.

Has anybody seen a firm HP number yet?

Stage_3 5/30/14 05:08 PM

No numbers yet,.....I think they are keeping it "hush, hush" until it gets closer to release.
Should be interesting.

Ethanjbeau 5/30/14 06:11 PM

They'll probably try to beat the GT500 by 5-10HP for bragging rights.

Wild5.0 5/30/14 06:38 PM

Originally Posted by Ethanjbeau (Post 6809607)
They'll probably try to beat the GT500 by 5-10HP for bragging rights.

Yeah they keep adding power but do NOTHING to make it lighter or handle better. Mustang FTW

Nice engine though, sounds really good.

Stage_3 5/31/14 09:40 AM

Originally Posted by Wild5.0 (Post 6809615)
Yeah they keep adding power but do NOTHING to make it lighter or handle better. Mustang FTW
Nice engine though, sounds really good.

Are you sure about that?!

=HYPERDRIVE= 5/31/14 11:03 AM

More details about the LA platform:
http://www.ontariostreetcar.com/tag/...ge-challenger/

Wild5.0 5/31/14 11:11 AM

Well its about time lol

MDkid92 5/31/14 12:57 PM

I read an article the other day stating that Dodge is expecting the Hellcat to produce more HP than the Viper.

bob 5/31/14 07:39 PM

Originally Posted by MDkid92 (Post 6809858)
I read an article the other day stating that Dodge is expecting the Hellcat to produce more HP than the Viper.

Yes it will have more than 640 HP.

typesredline 5/31/14 08:23 PM

Originally Posted by bob (Post 6809262)
So apparently the Hellcat V8 is going to be 6.2 liters with almost 12 pound of boost. This is my prognostication for power; The 6.4 Hemi makes 485 horsepower in SRT form so all things being equal a reduction in size would lower power to 470 horsepower. I didn't see anything about compression ratio on the 6.4 or 6.2 so I'm going to guess its around 11:1 with the 6.4 and will most likely drop to around 9:1 or so with the blower, maybe bit less which chops about 4% for every full point of compression lost so N/A all things being equal that would be around 433 horsepower. The blower peaks at nearly twelve pounds of boost and each pound is worth roughly about 20hp so the blower is going to add around 232 horsepower. So I can see the Hellcat making in the neighborhood of 665-670 (maybe 680) horsepower which would give it a comfortable margin over the Viper motor. Has anybody seen a firm HP number yet?

Great breakdown. But I read that they don't want it to beat the viper in power. Maybe they'll underrate it?

typesredline 5/31/14 08:24 PM

Originally Posted by MDkid92 (Post 6809858)

Interesting. That'd be sweet.

bt4 6/5/14 02:51 PM

2015 Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat - Exterior Dimensions

Wheelbase 116.17 Inches
Track, Front 64.0 Inches
Track, Rear 63.7 Inches
Overall Length 197.5 Inches
Overall Width 75.7 Inches
Overall Height 55.7 Inches
Ground Clearance 4.5
Frontal Area, sq. ft. (sq. m) 25.9
Drag Coefficient 0.380
Curb Weight, lb. (kg) — Est. 4,439 (2013.5)
Weight Distribution, percent F/R57/43

If you didn't care what happened to me
And I didn't care for you
We would zig-zag our way
Occasionally glancing up through the rain
Wondering which of the buggers to blame
And watching for pigs on the wing
- Roger Waters

wheelman 6/5/14 04:47 PM

Originally Posted by =HYPERDRIVE= (Post 6809827)
More details about the LA platform:
http://www.ontariostreetcar.com/tag/...ge-challenger/

Cuda back on! I'll wait.

Wild5.0 6/6/14 03:48 AM

Originally Posted by bt4 (Post 6811984)
2015 Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat - Exterior Dimensions Wheelbase 116.17 Inches Track, Front 64.0 Inches Track, Rear 63.7 Inches Overall Length 197.5 Inches Overall Width 75.7 Inches Overall Height 55.7 Inches Ground Clearance 4.5 Frontal Area, sq. ft. (sq. m) 25.9 Drag Coefficient 0.380 Curb Weight, lb. (kg) — Est. 4,439 (2013.5) Weight Distribution, percent F/R57/43 If you didn't care what happened to me And I didn't care for you We would zig-zag our way Occasionally glancing up through the rain Wondering which of the buggers to blame And watching for pigs on the wing - Roger Waters

4439 lbs? **** thats a big girl

KushBandit 6/6/14 08:09 PM

Originally Posted by wheelman (Post 6812030)
Cuda back on! I'll wait.

'Cuda? I know what will be my new car :). I've always loved the '70-'71 Plymouth 'Cudas.

2 Go Snake 6/15/14 11:28 PM

If the Hellcat has more horsepower than the Viper, the Viper sales will not be affected. The Viper is an out and out sports car that has its own separate market.

Stage_3 6/16/14 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by 2 Go Snake (Post 6816479)
If the Hellcat has more horsepower than the Viper, the Viper sales will not be affected. The Viper is an out and out sports car that has its own separate market.

Bingo Larry. I do agree.
I think it may have as much, if not more, power than the Viper.
The Viper is just,......well,..........:drool:

rhumb 7/1/14 04:00 PM

Just saw where it will be rated at some 707hp, yes, with a seven, and 650 torques or something!!! Jez, even if it is a big pig of a car, 700hp will make nearly anything fast.

Gabe 7/1/14 04:26 PM

Yeah, apparently they made it known today that it will be rated at 707 hp .....

Even weighing in at that 4439 lbs, it should still move pretty good

laserred38 7/1/14 05:06 PM

Originally Posted by Gabe (Post 6822826)
Yeah, apparently they made it known today that it will be rated at 707 hp ..... Even weighing in at that 4439 lbs, it should still move pretty good

Saw that, holy ****e! That's around 600+ whp, stock, with a warranty!

Stage_3 7/1/14 06:24 PM

Originally Posted by laserred38 (Post 6822833)
Saw that, holy ****e! That's around 600+ whp, stock, with a warranty!

Yeah,....pretty nasty indeed.
That RPM needle moves quick too when you hit the go pedal. I MEAN QUICK!!
It's got that "whine" too. Very impressive for a stock car. I want to see the 0-60 and the 1/4 times & MPH.
I believe the CEO of SVT is calling it, "the quickest musclecar period" and with "the most power period". (Obviously he's talking stock muscle cars.) I'm not sure if he means in Dodge's history or in all of muscle car history. If the latter,....those are pretty bold claims.

typesredline 7/1/14 07:21 PM

Originally Posted by Stage_3 (Post 6822859)
Yeah,....pretty nasty indeed. That RPM needle moves quick too when you hit the go pedal. I MEAN QUICK!! It's got that "whine" too. Very impressive for a stock car. I want to see the 0-60 and the 1/4 times & MPH. I believe the CEO of SVT is calling it, "the quickest musclecar period" and with "the most power period". (Obviously he's talking stock muscle cars.) I'm not sure if he means in Dodge's history or in all of muscle car history. If the latter,....those are pretty bold claims.

What makes it a bold statement? It clearly has the most hp of any factory muscle car right?

Jazzman442 7/1/14 07:29 PM

I read the article in my new Automobile mag. Looks like I will be ordering one and it will site next to my 2014 GT. That way I'll have the quite Big Girl that is really mean and nasty and the Really loud obnoxious skinny girl. What more could any one ask for LOL:metal::metal:

Mustang Freak 7/1/14 07:51 PM

Originally Posted by typesredline (Post 6822885)
What makes it a bold statement? It clearly has the most hp of any factory muscle car right?

I didn't think the comment meant to be cynical or doubting? It IS a bold statement that is obviously being backed up by Dodge! :-)

KushBandit 7/1/14 09:05 PM

Originally Posted by Jazzman442 (Post 6822888)
I read the article in my new Automobile mag. Looks like I will be ordering one and it will site next to my 2014 GT. That way I'll have the quite Big Girl that is really mean and nasty and the Really loud obnoxious skinny girl. What more could any one ask for LOL:metal::metal:

Do it! I'd love one of these Hellcats. I'm definitely gonna look into picking up a 392 scat pack challenger.

cdynaco 7/1/14 09:39 PM

Originally Posted by Mustang Freak (Post 6822894)
I didn't think the comment meant to be cynical or doubting? It IS a bold statement that is obviously being backed up by Dodge! :-)

This list looks like its from 1964-2009 so it doesn't include the last few year's HP giants.

http://www.autofacts.ca/north-americ...oduction-cars/

cdynaco 7/1/14 10:18 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Sounds like a good night to revisit Vanishing Point... lol :p

Mustang Freak 7/2/14 10:57 AM

Originally Posted by cdynaco (Post 6822960)
Sounds like a good night to revisit Vanishing Point... lol :p .

Always had a soft spot for that flick! :nice:

2k7gtcs 7/2/14 11:05 AM

Do we know yet what kind of rubber this car is gonna have?

I have yet to see a Challenger with any kind of serious rubber on them. Usually they look like they are rolling on dimes to me.

TripleBlack14 7/2/14 11:25 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Hmmmmm.....'Cuda. That could be a bit of a game changer. Personally, I always prefered the 'Cuda over the Challenger.

Let's hope they don't get too retro though......

Glenn 7/2/14 11:54 AM

my buddy is getting a green one
http://carsprice2015.com/wp-content/...Hellcat-66.jpg

laserred38 7/2/14 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs (Post 6823115)
Do we know yet what kind of rubber this car is gonna have? I have yet to see a Challenger with any kind of serious rubber on them. Usually they look like they are rolling on dimes to me.

I think I saw 305s in the press shots. I know they're Pirellis, probably same as what is on our GTs stock.

Btw I got my buddy to go staggered on his Charger R/T - came stock with 235/55/18s, similar to the stock 05-14 GT 18" tires - such a joke! He's on 245/45/20 and 275/40/20 now. It's crazy that 275/40/20 is fitting on cars these days - the fricken F-150 and Silverados come with that same exact size :doh:

Stage_3 7/2/14 03:22 PM

Yeah,....pretty nasty indeed.
That RPM needle moves quick too when you hit the go pedal. I MEAN QUICK!!
It's got that "whine" too. Very impressive for a stock car. I want to see the 0-60 and the 1/4 times & MPH.
I believe the CEO of SVT is calling it, "the quickest musclecar period" and with "the most power period".(Obviously he's talking stock muscle cars.) I'm not sure if he means in Dodge's history or in all of muscle car history. If the latter,....those are pretty bold claims.

Originally Posted by typesredline (Post 6822885)

You did read what I wrote?! There were 2 claims.
I bolded the type for you. :nice:
Obviously it does have the most horsepower, right? 2015 Z06 = 650, the 2013/2014 Shelby = 662, the 2013/2014 Viper 640.

typesredline 7/2/14 04:01 PM

Originally Posted by Stage_3 (Post 6823231)
You did read what I wrote?! There were 2 claims. I bolded the type for you. :nice: Obviously it does have the most horsepower, right? 2015 Z06 = 650, the 2013/2014 Shelby = 662, the 2013/2014 Viper 640.

So first of all the vette and viper are not muscle cars.

Second. I still don't see your point. Yes I can read thank you. And yes I read the whole thing the first time.

Now really, I don't care. What started as a simple question to see if I missed something turned into a massive ordeal over vernacular.

However, you said that if the SVT boss was referring to ALL muscle cars and not just dodge muscle cars, it was a bold claim.

I interpret a bold claim as statement that isn't proven, fact, or normal but someone is taking the risk to say it anyway pending proof that it is true.

We know that it has the most hp, period. And it will most likely be the fastest, period. What makes this bold to say?? It seems like he's stating the obvious. Coming from a Ford guy is indeed note worthy. But bold??? I disagree.

shayner 7/2/14 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by CCTking (Post 6806444)
I so wasnt expecting that, my speakers nearly blew out! Lawd that sounded amazing!!!!

Sounds horrible....

shayner 7/2/14 04:24 PM

Originally Posted by Stage_3 (Post 6809796)

That car sounds like ****

shayner 7/2/14 04:32 PM

This thread pisses me off.....
Dodge... Lol... Bread box on wheels.
What an ugly car!!!

Stage_3 7/2/14 04:32 PM

Originally Posted by typesredline (Post 6823250)
So first of all the vette and viper are not muscle cars.
Second. I still don't see your point. Yes I can read thank you. And yes I read the whole thing the first time.
Now really, I don't care. What started as a simple question to see if I missed something turned into a massive ordeal over vernacular.
However, you said that if the SVT boss was referring to ALL muscle cars and not just dodge muscle cars, it was a bold claim.
I interpret a bold claim as statement that isn't proven, fact, or normal but someone is taking the risk to say it anyway pending proof that it is true.
We know that it has the most hp, period. And it will most likely be the fastest, period. What makes this bold to say?? It seems like he's stating the obvious. Coming from a Ford guy is indeed note worthy. But bold??? I disagree.

You won dude.
I give up. :D

cdynaco 7/2/14 04:34 PM

Originally Posted by typesredline (Post 6823250)
Coming from a Ford guy is indeed note worthy. .

Don't you guys mean SRT?

KushBandit 7/2/14 05:05 PM

The hellkat is one big girl lol.

typesredline 7/2/14 05:41 PM

Originally Posted by cdynaco (Post 6823266)
Don't you guys mean SRT?

The original quote from stage_3 said it came from the SVT CEO. That would be Ford.

But if it was a typo and he meant SRT, which hadn't occurred to me. It would make more sense, AND does kinda make the statement bold since it's coming from their own guy. Even though it's still obvious.

2k7gtcs 7/2/14 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by laserred38 (Post 6823153)
I think I saw 305s in the press shots. I know they're Pirellis, probably same as what is on our GTs stock. Btw I got my buddy to go staggered on his Charger R/T - came stock with 235/55/18s, similar to the stock 05-14 GT 18" tires - such a joke! He's on 245/45/20 and 275/40/20 now. It's crazy that 275/40/20 is fitting on cars these days - the fricken F-150 and Silverados come with that same exact size :doh:

These don't look particularly wide to me

Of course she's a big car so my sense of scale is probably off a bit

My point is when a Shelby comes out with 500hp then 540hp and then 662hp the immediate comments and quotes on auto sites is well it can't even begin to put that to the pavement yet apparently a Hellcat can?

Must be the IRS I guess? Or maybe some kind of Italian magic?

Stage_3 7/2/14 05:53 PM

Originally Posted by typesredline (Post 6823296)
The original quote from stage_3 said it came from the SVT CEO. That would be Ford.
But if it was a typo and he meant SRT, which hadn't occurred to me. It would make more sense, AND does kinda make the statement bold since it's coming from their own guy. Even though it's still obvious.

Yes,...my bad. :fear: I meant SRT. The CEO of SRT was making those claims, not SVT. (My bad there bro. I apologize.)
I won't believe it's the fastest until I see video proof of 0-60 times and quarter mile traps. It would have to be faster than the 2015 Z06 and I don't see that happening. The 2015 Z06 hits 0-60 in 3.5 seconds. I don't know if the Hellcat is quicker than that.
If it is,..........BRAVO SRT team.

cdynaco 7/2/14 06:09 PM

Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs (Post 6823299)
My point is when a Shelby comes out with 500hp then 540hp and then 662hp the immediate comments and quotes on auto sites is well it can't even begin to put that to the pavement yet apparently a Hellcat can?

Must be the IRS I guess? Or maybe some kind of Italian magic?

Exactly. That's all the magrags talked about.

Yet IRS has more wheel hop than SRA.

KushBandit 7/2/14 06:18 PM

Originally Posted by Stage_3 (Post 6823300)
Yes,...my bad. :fear: I meant SRT. The CEO of SRT was making those claims, not SVT. (My bad there bro. I apologize.)
I won't believe it's the fastest until I see video proof of 0-60 times and quarter mile traps. It would have to be faster than the 2015 Z06 and I don't see that happening. The 2015 Z06 hits 0-60 in 3.5 seconds. I don't know if the Hellcat is quicker than that.
If it is,..........BRAVO SRT team.

Gotta remember that the SRT team has engineers from Mercedes AMG team now. I completely agree with you though, I doubt it's gonna be faster than the Z06. I believe the SRT CEO stated that the Hellcat is the fastest muscle car though. The Z06 isn't a muscle car, it's a sports car.

For muscle cars, It definitely wipes the floor with the Camaro ZL1, and I'm sure it's going to beat the 662hp GT500. We'll see about that though, cause there's a big weight difference.

I believe the 6.2 is gonna be mated to a TR6060. The 8-speed auto will have a short 1st gear like the 6R80, it's 4.71. It's also gonna be a high revving engine with its Bore x Stroke at 4.09" x 3.58" (104mm x 91mm). It makes peak power at 6,000rpm.

shayner 7/2/14 07:18 PM

Yeah,....pretty nasty indeed. That RPM needle moves quick too when you hit the go pedal. I MEAN QUICK!! It's got that "whine" too. Very impressive for a stock car. I want to see the 0-60 and the 1/4 times & MPH. I believe the CEO of SVT is calling it, "the quickest musclecar period" and with "the most power period". (Obviously he's talking stock muscle cars.) I'm not sure if he means in Dodge's history or in all of muscle car history. If the latter,....those are pretty bold claims.

Does the CEO of svt have rocks in his head making such statements.....
Super snake 1000 hp
Super snake 1200 hp

bob 7/2/14 07:55 PM

Originally Posted by shayner (Post 6823331)
Super snake 1000 hp
Super snake 1200 hp

The Hellcat will be the quickest factory muscle car to date (I've heard 10.9 on the M6 car on my usual Brand-X hangout). The Super Snake might be quicker and faster but its not a factory effort being more or less a tuner car like Roush or Saleen or Steeda.

typesredline 7/2/14 08:56 PM

Originally Posted by Stage_3 (Post 6823300)
Yes,...my bad. :fear: I meant SRT. The CEO of SRT was making those claims, not SVT. (My bad there bro. I apologize.) I won't believe it's the fastest until I see video proof of 0-60 times and quarter mile traps. It would have to be faster than the 2015 Z06 and I don't see that happening. The 2015 Z06 hits 0-60 in 3.5 seconds. I don't know if the Hellcat is quicker than that. If it is,..........BRAVO SRT team.

To worries. Still don't consider the vette a muscle car though ;)

typesredline 7/2/14 08:59 PM

Does the CEO of svt have rocks in his head making such statements..... Super snake 1000 hp Super snake 1200 hp

Well we clarified that it was the SRT CEO not SVT. But anyway, the SS mustangs are not factory mass production.

KushBandit 7/2/14 09:15 PM

Super snake 1000 hp
Super snake 1200 hp

Not factory cars. As said, those are from a tuner.

707 HP/650 TQ is the most a muscle car has ever come with from the factory.

shayner 7/3/14 03:08 AM

Originally Posted by typesredline (Post 6823361)
Well we clarified that it was the SRT CEO not SVT. But anyway, the SS mustangs are not factory mass production.

That was a typo on my part....
ss mustang... Nice touch... Lol

Rog13GTCS 7/3/14 07:42 AM

That is an incredible amount of HP and torque, insane too! Has any one seen or heard what the MSRP is going to be? SRT's are list for around 50k. I could see a 20k premium, maybe 25k.

Stage_3 7/3/14 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by Rog13GTCS (Post 6823452)
That is an incredible amount of HP and torque, insane too! Has any one seen or heard what the MSRP is going to be? SRT's are list for around 50k. I could see a 20k premium, maybe 25k.

Yeah,...I was going to guesstimate about 70/75k for a HELLCAT.
But,...who knows what the dealer markups will be? Hopefully none.

rhumb 7/4/14 01:53 PM

Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs (Post 6823299)
Of course she's a big car so my sense of scale is probably off a bit

It's funny, the Challenger's great styling tends to hide it's great size -- every time I walk up to one, I feel like I'm shrinking down to child sized :-)

It will be interesting how well the Challenger can put down and actually utilize its prodigious power. The primary constraint would simply be rear tire rubber on the tarmac -- basic physics of force and friction. Secondarily would be the role of the IRS to allow a broader performance envelope, over a wider range of road conditions and quality. The burley GT500 did pretty well with the primary aspect, a bit less so in the secondary, what with its high-unsprung-weight light axle.

Evil_Capri 7/11/14 10:26 AM

She's fast . . .

10.8 on DRs
11.2 on production tires

http://jalopnik.com/the-707-hp-dodge...ond-1603567665

Wild5.0 7/11/14 10:36 AM

1 Attachment(s)
**** thats fast. Hope ford steps it up on the gt500. Dodge belongs in the rear view mirror. I still think it looks way to big, the exterior does look nice sometimes though. But i couldnt live with that hideous interior yuck

=HYPERDRIVE= 7/11/14 10:55 AM

Personally, I find it nicer then the new mustang interior, the way everything is organized and angled towards the driver.

laserred38 7/11/14 10:58 AM

Originally Posted by =HYPERDRIVE= (Post 6826692)
Personally, I find it nicer then the new mustang interior, the way everything is organized and angled towards the driver.

Not to mention Dodge's infotainment system is a lot easier to navigate than Ford's (both my current non-MFT one, and MFT).

Wild5.0 7/11/14 11:09 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Well we all have different opinions. The part that really bothers me is the space between the screen and the vent on the right. i personally love the new 2015 interior.

Evil_Capri 7/11/14 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by laserred38 (Post 6826693)

Not to mention Dodge's infotainment system is a lot easier to navigate than Ford's (both my current non-MFT one, and MFT).

That's a matter of opinion and choice. I find our MFT system works great in our cars . . . though I've only messed with the Dodge system briefly.

laserred38 7/11/14 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by Evil_Capri (Post 6826725)
That's a matter of opinion and choice. I find our MFT system works great in our cars . . . though I've only messed with the Dodge system briefly.

Well to be fair, I haven't played with MFT, so it don't know how bad it really is. My Electronics Package works just fine, it's just some menus are easier to navigate to on the Dodge system. My buddy has a 2013 Charger R/T - they have a lot of menus easily accessible on the outer portion of the screen (like a border) versus having to press a button or go 2-3 menus deep to access some settings.

Stage_3 7/11/14 03:08 PM

Originally Posted by Evil_Capri (Post 6826687)
She's fast . . .
10.8 on DRs
11.2 on production tires
http://jalopnik.com/the-707-hp-dodge...ond-1603567665

Yes indeed sir.
Now if only they got rid of some the weight, that would be even quicker. But, they did add the supercharger, the twin intercoolers, the bigger brakes, etc., etc.

Stage_3 7/11/14 03:14 PM

1 Attachment(s)

I do agree. I like the interior as well. I'm not really a NAV kind of guy or any of that fancy stuff. Give me the performance over that stuff any day.
But,...I kind of like the way SRT has the interior set up as well as the controls.

typesredline 7/11/14 03:54 PM

Originally Posted by Stage_3 (Post 6826787)
Yes indeed sir. Now if only they got rid of some the weight, that would be even quicker. But, they did add the supercharger, the twin intercoolers, the bigger brakes, etc., etc.

Might be slower if it was lighter no? Weight probably helps with traction.

mustangfan410 7/11/14 06:17 PM

The interior of the challenger looks like it could belong to any car, unlike the mustang, you know that's a mustangs interior.

GrnT 7/12/14 06:00 AM

Dodge throwing it down in the muscle car war. That is just what we needed. :woot:
Next please.

TripleBlack14 7/12/14 06:33 AM

Originally Posted by GrnT (Post 6826904)
Dodge throwing it down in the muscle car war. That is just what we needed. :woot:
Next please.

Agreed...this is a good. I've heard rumours of a 'Cuda, although it'd feel awkward with the Plymouth marque out of the picture. And I've heard that Buick might be bringing back the GN, albiet a 4 door, which I assume might share the Chevrolet SS platform. Not sure about that, but whatever happens, it's all good.

It feels great to be excited about factory hot rods now and in the near future.

Tom

Stage_3 7/12/14 09:34 AM

Originally Posted by typesredline (Post 6826800)
Might be slower if it was lighter no? Weight probably helps with traction.

No way,........not if the suspension is done right.
Let's put it into perspective,.....it beat the GT500 by .06 seconds clocked at the same speed. The HC was an automatic versus a 6 speed manual GT500. Let's put the manual and manual against each other. Maybe it's a tie, but I'm thinking the GT500 wins. (Depending on drivers as well.)

Originally Posted by GrnT (Post 6826904)
Next please.

:agree:
Keep it going. :D

Knight 7/13/14 12:47 PM

I wonder what the top speed is. Should be north of 200, but how much higher.

2 Go Snake 7/13/14 02:43 PM

I like it that SRT kept the Hellcat name. I mean , who would not want to drive a car with a Hellcat engine in it. The engine surely lives up to the name.

wheelman 7/15/14 03:54 PM

Originally Posted by 2 Go Snake (Post 6827467)
I like it that SRT kept the Hellcat name. I mean , who would not want to drive a car with a Hellcat engine in it.

Lol
http://www.topgear.com/uk/car-news/s...bhp-2014-07-15

typesredline 7/15/14 05:06 PM

Originally Posted by wheelman (Post 6828412)

Wow. That's impressive.

Stage_3 7/16/14 04:51 PM

Burnout machine!!!! :nice:
60K for the Hellcat including the gas guzzler's tax. Kudos to the SRT team for making this car just as fast as the 2015 Corvette Z06 in the 0-60. Both do it in 3.5 seconds. Awesome.
(Now imagine if SRT could manage to take some weight off?!? :heh:)

=HYPERDRIVE= 7/16/14 06:57 PM

I love the Scat Pack, and with starting price of 38,500 its a great price. SUBLIME! :D
If I was buying car today, thats what I would get, even was calculating how much it would cost, trading in and all that. Would be nice, but my rational part of the brain is telling me to back off, the financial hit/loss from trading in is pretty big.

lime05 7/16/14 07:14 PM

What's the roundabout base price for one?

=HYPERDRIVE= 7/16/14 07:37 PM

Hellcat starting price is 59,900 MSRP.
Tho with options plus typical dealer markup it will be little bet high for few months.

Knight 7/17/14 10:59 AM

I'm actually more interested to see the Charger SRT Hellcat.

Stage_3 7/17/14 04:05 PM

Originally Posted by =HYPERDRIVE= (Post 6828890)
Hellcat starting price is 59,900 MSRP.

That includes the gas guzzler's tax, which is built into the price.
Two different prices of the gas guzzler's tax. One for the automatic and one for the manual. The manual's cost is more.

cdynaco 7/17/14 05:42 PM

<has a top speed of 199 mph....>

http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2014/...tcmp=obnetwork

Stage_3 7/18/14 02:52 PM

Hot ****!!!
She's a nice machine. :D :nice:

Knight 7/21/14 05:38 AM

I don't believe it only does 199mph. Sounds like marketing to protect the Viper.

Stage_3 7/21/14 02:58 PM

Originally Posted by Knight (Post 6830458)
I don't believe it only does 199mph. Sounds like marketing to protect the Viper.

I don't think they're protecting the Viper. Viper has a different following.

The SRT team set out to make a simply bad *** machine and they did just that with the certifications to back it. :nice:
The engine makes OVER 800 HP. It's 707 HP and 650 TQ "SAE certified" at the back of the crank. It takes 80 HP just to power the supercharger.

wheelman 7/23/14 07:47 AM

Originally Posted by Stage_3 (Post 6830634)
I don't think they're protecting the Viper. Viper has a different following.

The SRT team set out to make a simply bad *** machine and they did just that with the certifications to back it. :nice:
The engine makes OVER 800 HP. It's 707 HP and 650 TQ "SAE certified" at the back of the crank. It takes 80 HP just to power the supercharger.

Holy moly!

=HYPERDRIVE= 7/23/14 08:37 AM

This is one of those times where winning the lotto is on my mind ......
http://www.reactiongifs.us/wp-conten...en_colbert.gif

McLovin 7/23/14 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by wheelman (Post 6828412)

Now that's what I like to see! :devil:

Stage_3 7/24/14 12:52 PM

I'm not 100% positive, but more so 95% positive, that this HC will do about the same as the Z06 in the 0-60, which is 3.5 seconds.
(I know, I know. 2 different animals. I just wanted to put an exclamation point as to how fast this car is, considering the HUGE weight difference between the 2 cars. VERY impressive.)

laserred38 7/24/14 01:08 PM

Originally Posted by Stage_3 (Post 6831988)
I'm not 100% positive, but more so 95% positive, that this HC will do about the same as the Z06 in the 0-60, which is 3.5 seconds. (I know, I know. 2 different animals. I just wanted to put an exclamation point as to how fast this car is, considering the HUGE weight difference between the 2 cars. VERY impressive.)

I guess 3.5 with manual, 3.3-3.4 with 8-Spd auto...:devil:

cdynaco 7/24/14 01:16 PM

I'm not 100% positive, but more so 95% positive, that this HC will do about the same as the Z06 in the 0-60, which is 3.5 seconds.
(I know, I know. 2 different animals. I just wanted to put an exclamation point as to how fast this car is, considering the HUGE weight difference between the 2 cars. VERY impressive.)

Did you see the Hellcat run at NHRA Bandimere Sunday?

typesredline 7/24/14 02:17 PM

I'm not 100% positive, but more so 95% positive, that this HC will do about the same as the Z06 in the 0-60, which is 3.5 seconds. (I know, I know. 2 different animals. I just wanted to put an exclamation point as to how fast this car is, considering the HUGE weight difference between the 2 cars. VERY impressive.)

I also remember reading that. Thing is though is the 800lb or so weight difference (as you mentioned) but not much more power on the HC vs the z06.

So the HC has "only" 57 more hp, same tq, and weights 25-30% more yet still runs the same 0-60 times....Makes me wonder if the HC is vastly underrated...

Stage_3 7/26/14 03:46 PM

Originally Posted by cdynaco (Post 6832013)
Did you see the Hellcat run at NHRA Bandimere Sunday?

Yes, I did. Pretty impressive for being at 6,000 elevation. Launch didn't look good either. lol

Originally Posted by typesredline (Post 6832046)
I also remember reading that. Thing is though is the 800lb or so weight difference (as you mentioned) but not much more power on the HC vs the z06.
So the HC has "only" 57 more hp, same tq, and weights 25-30% more yet still runs the same 0-60 times....Makes me wonder if the HC is vastly underrated...

Yeah,....I tend to think this car is way underrated as well.
This car will break away from you if you are not careful. lol :drool:

1 Alibi 2 7/27/14 07:58 AM

$ 59,995.00, base model, 6 speed, includes the gas guzzler tax but not the $ 990 destination charge.
The automatic option will be $ 1000 - 1200.
Expect ADM's of 5K to 10 K !!
Dealer near me has taken ( 4 ) orders, they expect to get 1, maybe 2........which will go to the " high bidder ".
According to Ford, the 2014 GT500 will do 0 - 60 in 3.5 sec.
...............................................Why can't I find any 1/4 mile info for the 6 speed HellCat ???

Stage_3 7/27/14 11:30 AM

Originally Posted by 1 Alibi 2 (Post 6833177)
...............................................Why can't I find any 1/4 mile info for the 6 speed HellCat ???

I think there may be some on youtube? I think they have some of it doing the PIR laps in a M6. If not,..then they have put it up yet.
The A8 is faster than the M6 in the HC and faster than any human can shift in any other car. (According to Dodge and SRT.)