2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My last nerve...

Search this Thread

Old 8/21/14, 08:13 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My last nerve...

Hi all. I recently purchase a used 07 GT, and when buying any used vehicle, you really don't know how this car was treated (by the previous) owner. The only way it lets you know, is by its behavioral issues!

My wipers do not work (at all), and Ive gotten all kinds suggestions regarding it being a fuse, and/or that there may be water damage under the front passenger side, that caused a short in the fuse for the wipers.

If anyone could give me some real technical possibilities, I'd at least know where to start. Thanks guys!
Old 8/21/14, 08:54 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 667 Likes on 541 Posts
The cars have a smart junction box where everything goes to. It's in the passenger kick panel. It's known that if your drains for the air system get plugged, then the water will leak down into that area and cause problem.

There was a TSB regarding this, and that involved potentially replacing the SJB and/or putting a shield over it to prevent the water intrusion should it happen again. Of course, cleaning out the drain is a key bit of the TSB.

I'm not saying that this is the case for your wipers, but that is what people are referring to for the front passenger side. And yes, it could in fact have caused the fuse to blow. That's easily checked, just get the manual out and find the fuse, and replace it with the same kind.

If it's not the fuse, and you can be reasonably sure it's not the SJB, then it's either a wiring problem, or the switch on the column is bad, or the wiper motor is bad.

Good luck to ya!
Old 8/26/14, 08:39 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Get out your owners manual and look for the fuse section.

Go to the Smart Junction Box (SJB) in right kick panel. Check Fuse (F3-10 amp), Hot in Run or Acc only positions. ----- Red-Yel wire goes directly to wiper motor.

Go to the Bussed Electrical Center (BEC) in engine compartment. Check Fuse (F10-30amp), Hot at All Times. ----- Red-OG wire goes directly to wiper motor.

Those are your 2 power sources to the wiper system. The power is distributed from both fuses to the wiper motor then through the wiper/washer switch control to ground G201 located under dash in lower center of glove box cover. Check all grounds in that area for looseness.

The wiper motor ground G204 is located behind left kick panel just slightly above inertia fuel shutoff switch.