Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

My GT is scheduled

Search this Thread

Old 3/3/10, 08:00 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My GT is scheduled

Got this from my dealer today. My only worry is that is shows as a stock order and it isn't the original order number I recieved. Any dealers here who can look at it and let me know if i should be suspicous?

thanks
Attached Thumbnails My GT is scheduled-doug-002.jpg  
Old 3/3/10, 08:23 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by IT_Guru
Got this from my dealer today. My only worry is that is shows as a stock order and it isn't the original order number I recieved. Any dealers here who can look at it and let me know if i should be suspicous?

thanks
It makes sense if they moved it from retail to stock (as Ford is not scheduling any retails right now. For me, they only wanted V6s for March build). But as for the sheet you p0sted? I couldn't read it, as it was all faded.
Old 3/3/10, 08:26 AM
Bullitt Member

thanks

Thats weird, if I click on the thumbnail it shows up good for me. Thanks though.
Old 3/3/10, 08:31 AM
Team Mustang Source

Thats weird, if I click on the thumbnail it shows up good for me. Thanks though.
If they moved your order from retail to dealer stock, then it can happen. Like I mentioned, in my area, they asked for 3 V6s from me and NO 5.0L for stock for March build. My rep comes in Thursday so I can ask what the deal is for April build.
Old 3/3/10, 08:34 AM
Bullitt Member

dates

Here is the dates for what they sent me.

Sch. Date 03/29
Stat Date 03/30
Status SCHEDULED
Dlr ETA WK* 04/04

In case you couldn't read them on the pic.

Thanks for taking a look Jeff.
Old 3/3/10, 08:36 AM
Bullitt Member

Maybe

They are a Saleen dealer and sell quite a few Mustangs, maybe Ford was being nice to them. Either way if it is getting built and ready for delivery the first week of April, I'm not going to complain.
Old 3/3/10, 08:38 AM
Team Mustang Source

Here is the dates for what they sent me.

Sch. Date 03/29
Stat Date 03/30
Status SCHEDULED
Dlr ETA WK* 04/04

In case you couldn't read them on the pic.

Thanks for taking a look Jeff.
Glad to help bud. Did they give you a VIN number for it?
Old 3/3/10, 08:41 AM
Bullitt Member

Not the full, but got the 1st two and the last 8(the serial number I suppose)
Old 3/3/10, 08:42 AM
Team Mustang Source

Not the full, but got the 1st two and the last 8(the serial number I suppose)
Its strange how every dealer is different when it comes to information on cars that are ordered and the printout that shows these cars. The sheets I have show the entire VIN number. Wonder why their sheet doesn't show the full VIN?
Old 3/3/10, 08:44 AM
Bullitt Member

VIN

Just requested a full VIN from them, I've been bugging them alot, but I figured they can deal with it as I just spent $35K with them LOL.

What they gave me looks like a screen print from a PC.
Old 3/3/10, 09:57 AM
Bullitt Member

Got full VIN

Yep, got full VIN from them, looks liek I am set to go!

Thanks.
Old 3/3/10, 01:18 PM
Team Mustang Source

I wouldn't expect to see your car that early. According to my rep the reason they are building stock orders first is so they can build and hold them at the factory. They did it in 2005 as well but most of the early builds were retail orders. They build a bunch and hold them for quality checks. After they have a sufficient number built without any issues they then release them. The problem is if your car is one of the first out of the factory and into the storage area it ends up "against the fence" and the later production units ship first. They eventually get caught up and work their way back through to the first ones that are deepest in the storage lot. This was a problem with a bunch of my early 2005 orders that ended up stuck at the storage lot for weeks and weeks while fresher units shipped. This time they don't want to hold up the retail sold units so they are going to build stock units first, hold and check them and not worry how quickly they get dug through them once they give the okay to ship.

Just fair warning so you don't get to depressed if yours sits for a while.
Old 3/3/10, 01:45 PM
Bullitt Member

hope I didn't get screwed

That was my fear when I found out they cancelled my original Retail order and changed it to a stock order. I am rapidly losing faith in this dealer. They were always great in the past but now..

I wonder if I have any legal right to cancel my order with them and get my deposit back. Seeing as though they cancelled my Retail order and changed it to a stock order. I have no idea what they were thinking.
Old 3/3/10, 01:47 PM
V6 Member

Hopefully it goes faster than 05

That was an all new platform

the 11 is the same as the 10 except for the drivetrain and steering
Old 3/3/10, 02:37 PM
GT Member

That was my fear when I found out they cancelled my original Retail order and changed it to a stock order. I am rapidly losing faith in this dealer. They were always great in the past but now..

I wonder if I have any legal right to cancel my order with them and get my deposit back. Seeing as though they cancelled my Retail order and changed it to a stock order. I have no idea what they were thinking.
Maybe they thought they'd be doing you a favor since Ford is building the Stock units first and thus should be shipped first? It seems counter intuitive to me that cars built later would be shipped first, at least until it was explained above.
Old 3/3/10, 03:22 PM
FR500 Member

Originally Posted by Steven
Maybe they thought they'd be doing you a favor since Ford is building the Stock units first and thus should be shipped first? It seems counter intuitive to me that cars built later would be shipped first, at least until it was explained above.
+1 on that. I think that they were trying to help you out. After all, they are giving up one of their allocation (since it's not a retail order) presumably to get the car built sooner.
Old 3/3/10, 03:34 PM
GT Member

Mustang

with the post, they are trying to help, and mine is the same way, but my dealer didn't cancel the order they just said that mine was taking the place of one of their's...I say you have nothing to worry about...and I am like you wanting the car to get here asap...
Old 3/3/10, 03:46 PM
Bullitt Member

Thanks for the encouragement. Hopefully it works out better for me this way. I just wish they would of asked me first.
Old 3/3/10, 03:47 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by 2011 Fastback
with the post, they are trying to help, and mine is the same way, but my dealer didn't cancel the order they just said that mine was taking the place of one of their's...I say you have nothing to worry about...and I am like you wanting the car to get here asap...
Did they give you a scheduled date yet?
Old 3/3/10, 05:30 PM
Team Mustang Source

All in all you are better getting your car 3 weeks later and perfect than 3 weeks earlier with a missed issue. Let Ford do their job and build you the best car on the road and build it properly. You'll get plenty of driving in once it gets here. Be patient it'll get here.

Quick Reply: My GT is scheduled