Repair and Service Help All Repair related problems, issues, TSBs, and anything else revolving around the Repair of your Mustang

Wiring diagram for 2005-09 Mustang GT Fuel Pump Driver Module

Search this Thread

Old Yesterday, 12:18 AM
SUPERCHARGED RED ROCKET ------------------Master-Moderator

Received 2,227 Likes on 1,780 Posts
Wiring diagram for 2005-09 Mustang GT Fuel Pump Driver Module

Kevin! By any chance would you be able to locate the wiring diagram schematics for the 2005-09 Mustang GT fuel pump driver module... I just recently discovered that the original owner replaced the stock fuel pump relay with an aftermarket relay which he then connected to the stock fuel pump driver module/wiring harness... He then ran a 10" gage wire from the aftermarket relay all the way up front connected to the battery which also has a 20 amp fuse connector spliced in... Needless to say, I have no idea what his purpose of replacing the stock fuel pump relay with this aftermarket relay, but my guess is he did this as a cheaper alternative for boosting amperage to the stock fuel pump in order to deliver more fuel to the Saleen supercharger... However, what I don't quite understand is if this was the previous owners purpose, then why didn't he just either purchase a Kenne Bell Boost a Pump or better yet, just did it right the first time by upgrading to the 2007-09 GT500 dual fuel pump kit from Ford Performance, to begin with?

At any rate, before I'll be able to return back to the stock wiring and do any type of fuel pump upgrade, I'll first need to understand the wiring of both the stock fuel pump driver module, wiring harness in the trunk section and fuel pump itself...

Thanks in advance,

-Rocky

I've also attached pics of the stock fuel pump driver module and aftermarket fuel pump relay below...

OEM/stock fuel pump driver module assembly

Aftermarket fuel pump relay spliced into OEM fuel pump wiring harness and connected directly to the battery with a 20 amp fuse connector spliced into a 10" gage wire..

Last edited by m05fastbackGT; Yesterday at 02:20 PM.
Old Yesterday, 02:56 AM
The Analog Admin!

Received 3,157 Likes on 2,311 Posts
Here You Go My Friend!

Is There Any Reference To This Relay Mod in the Saleen Blower Install Instructions??

For What it is Worth I Do Seem To Recall on the Roush Blower Upgrades They Said The 427R Horsepower Levels Were the Edge of the Stock Fuel Pump Set Up. Just an FYI! But I Also Seem To Recall a Fuel Pump TSB Way Back on Early S-197-S For Fuel Starvation.

Kc
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
The following users liked this post:
m05fastbackGT (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 11:04 AM

Thank you, Kevin! To my knowledge, there is no mention about upgrading the fuel pump relay in the Saleen blower instruction manual... But then again, this is more than likely that Saleen assumes their stock/base 4.0" pulley which is included in the kit doesn't require upgrading the fuel system... However, the original owner swapped out the stock blower pulley and upgraded to the smaller 3.4" pulley to increase the boost from stock 5-5.5" psi to 8-8.5" psi.. Soon after I purchased the car, I went ahead and swapped out the 3.4" pulley and upgraded to a larger diameter 3.6" pulley which lowered the boost to approximately 7-7.5" boost out of concern for maxing out the stock fuel pump, but as I mentioned, I just recently discovered that the previous owner replaced the stock fuel pump relay with the aftermarket relay which is spliced directly into the stock fuel pump wiring harness and to the battery with a 20 amp fuse connector spliced into the 10" gage wiring that was also added...

So once again, I have no idea what the previous owner was attempting to accomplish by replacing the stock fuel pump relay with an aftermarket relay...

Last edited by m05fastbackGT; Yesterday at 02:23 PM.
Old Yesterday, 02:40 PM
The Analog Admin!

Received 3,157 Likes on 2,311 Posts
Whatever The Reason That was Added On It Seems Fairly Well Thought Out & Executed!

I Wonder if Paul Has Seen This or Could Shed any Light! @svopaul

Kc
The following users liked this post:
m05fastbackGT (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 03:11 PM

Originally Posted by 05stangkc
Whatever The Reason That was Added On It Seems Fairly Well Thought Out & Executed!

I Wonder if Paul Has Seen This or Could Shed any Light! @svopaul

Kc
What I don't like about the setup is the other end of the wiring is connected directly to the positive battery terminal which has that 20 amp fuse connector spliced in... If in the event that fuse should happen to blow while the car is being driven? Guess what, it shuts down the fuel pump and stops delivering fuel... I already tried pulling the fuse just out of curiosity to find out what would happen and sure enough, it cut off the fuel supply and I had to shut down the engine...

I also wonder if Paul has seen this and could possibly shed any light on this as well... @svopaul

Last edited by m05fastbackGT; Yesterday at 03:14 PM.