GT

Finally Boosted!!

Old 12/14/18, 10:54 AM
GT Member

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Finally Boosted!!

Just figured I'd share some pics from the SC build. It took 4 days because we also did OPGs and CS sprocket. If anyone has any questions about installing a procharger on a 15-17 s550 or OPGs, everything is fresh in my mind I also have the factory service manual so if anyone needs help I can do my best to look anything up for anyone as well.

​​​​​​Overall it wasn't that difficult of an install. The worst part was pulling off the crank pulley.

My advice for anyone. Invest in the right tools It makes life much easier and less risk to break something.
The things no one told me even when doing all my research with YouTube and write-ups:

1-when pulling off the drivers side valve cover, everyone warns to not break the dipstick tube, but no one told me that you can remove it before attempting to take the cover off. As careful as I was, it broke. You can remove it BEFORE hand very easily. Learned that the hard way.

2-Procharger says that you will have to bend the heater outlet tube that connects to the water pump slightly... That is downplayed. It is very difficult to bend. And if you bend it too much it will kink.

3-If you're doing your OPGs be prepared to cut off the belt that goes from the crank pulley to the AC compressor. The Ford factory service manual tells you to cut it off. There is no tensioner. Reinstalling the new one requires a zip tie and some muscle. Yes, a zip tie. Lol

Everything else wasn't bad just time consuming. Here are a few pics.

The current setup of the car :
Stainless Works LT's w/ high flow cats
Borla catback S-Type exhaust
Eibach lowering springs
MGW shifter
​​​​Boundary OPGs and CS sprocket
Procharger D1X Stage 2 intercooler kit
Lund Tune
Project 6GR wheels for daily
Weld racing wheels with Mickey Thompson drag radials

Sorry if anything was confusing. This isn't a write up, just sharing my experience Thanks in advance!
Old 12/14/18, 11:16 AM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 1,153 Likes on 841 Posts
Nice job! I have the ProCharger i-1 on my '13 GT and love it.
Old 12/14/18, 01:36 PM
2013 RR Boss 302 #2342

Received 2,166 Likes on 1,615 Posts
Awesome job just one question when someone says SC I always think supercharged not turbo charged. Yours looks like a turbo charger install which I guess is still considered SC? I'm not very knowledgeable in these matters.
Old 12/14/18, 01:50 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by SpectreH
Nice job! I have the ProCharger i-1 on my '13 GT and love it.
I've actually never heard of an i-1. Tell me more!

Originally Posted by Mustang Freak
Awesome job just one question when someone says SC I always think supercharged not turbo charged. Yours looks like a turbo charger install which I guess is still considered SC? I'm not very knowledgeable in these matters.
It is supercharged, however I have a centrifugal style supercharger. It is very similar to a turbo charger but it is belt driven by the engine and not driven by the exhaust. I hope that clarifies the confusion. Thanks for the reply!
Old 12/14/18, 01:51 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

The ProCharger is a centrifugal unit, as are PAxtons and Vortechs. Best way to describe them is they look like a belt-driver turbo. No lag like a turbo but some (but not all) feel the are more efficient than positive displacement (PD) blowers. I will say that if I keep my foot out of it (hard to do), my '13 will give me essentially stock fuel mileage.
Old 12/14/18, 01:55 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Originally Posted by CoyotePremium13
I've actually never heard of an i-1. Tell me more!

It is supercharged, however I have a centrifugal style supercharger. It is very similar to a turbo charger but it is belt driven by the engine and not driven by the exhaust. I hope that clarifies the confusion. Thanks for the reply!
The i-1 has a CVT transmission that can electronically vary the internal pulley ratio. I opted for the touchscrren controller which also works as a boost gauge. It can be set to build up boost early, or even lock out boost completely (useful if someone borrowed the car or valet parking, etc). If I had it to do over again though, I'd probably skip the cost, weight and complexity if the i-1 and get a P1-SC.
Old 12/14/18, 01:58 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by SpectreH
The i-1 has a CVT transmission that can electronically vary the internal pulley ratio. I opted for the touchscrren controller which also works as a boost gauge. It can be set to build up boost early, or even lock out boost completely (useful if someone borrowed the car or valet parking, etc). If I had it to do over again though, I'd probably skip the cost, weight and complexity if the i-1 and get a P1-SC.
Wow that never even came up in all the research of prochargers. Thank you!