Notices
5.0L GT Modifications Placeholder for future motor based GT's modifications.

Been awhile, let's talk SCs...Whipple 2.9s come on in!

Search this Thread

Old 11/12/18, 09:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Been awhile, let's talk SCs...Whipple 2.9s come on in!

Hey everybody, been out of the country away from the car for a couple years, and then some extra months in the meanwhile. I've done alot to the car in the past few months, trying to build the car how I want it before I throw in a SC. All I have left on my list is a better clutch and then I'm ready. I was all but decided on a VMP Stage 2, but I see that Whipple is putting out new 2.9 kits now... and I'd like to hear what folks think. I haven't called to ask about how the tune process works with them, but I don't have any speed shops local I trust to do any tuning so the VMP option is still very attractive to me. If I get all the options I want with both kits the Whipple comes out to approx 1K-1.5K more, but... it's Whipple. Thoughts?
Old 11/13/18, 05:11 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 684 Likes on 347 Posts
Both of my blower upgrades have been Whipple, a 2.9 on my 11, a 3.4 on my 14.
...................( & both cars ran " custom " tunes, SCT hand held )
I'm not sure how VMP kits are outfitted, but the Whipple kits come with an inhouse tune, & don't think it comes with a hand held.
You are in Fla., VMP is also in Fla., seems like a no brainer to me................good luck !!
Old 11/17/18, 09:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 1 Alibi 2
Both of my blower upgrades have been Whipple, a 2.9 on my 11, a 3.4 on my 14.
...................( & both cars ran " custom " tunes, SCT hand held )
I'm not sure how VMP kits are outfitted, but the Whipple kits come with an inhouse tune, & don't think it comes with a hand held.
You are in Fla., VMP is also in Fla., seems like a no brainer to me................good luck !!
Ya seems like an easy choice...but not really. VMP being in Florida doesn't really factor in for me, they are still over 6 hours away from where I am. Did you ever run your Whipples with the inhouse tune, or did you get a custom tune right away? I have heard nothing but glowing reviews about VMP's tunes, but not much about Whipple.