Introductions Please For Your First Post Tell Us Your Mustang Story, Details about Your Car and Some Pics Would be Great! Thank You!

First Time Poster/Long time fan (of Mustangs)

Search this Thread

Old 7/13/18, 09:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
First Time Poster/Long time fan (of Mustangs)

Hello

I was reading the forums and the posts here convinced me to sign up. First things being first: what qualifies me to be here? The car does of course and while not anything rare or exotic in the mustang world to me it somewhat is. 2011 V6 premium with MT. I'm the second owner having picked it up 3 years ago with 15,100 miles already expended. I specifically was looking for the V6. My search started with the close outs of production of the S197 as I like to look at cars nearing the end of their production run, my logic being that they have worked all the "bugs" out by then. But time was against me and new no longer was an option. I wanted the manual as well and despite the many things I have read about the MT-182 mine (so far) has been trouble free (up to 28,000 miles now) Why the V6 over the V8? For me I've had a lifetime spent (mostly) driving I-4's rarely topping 140 hp. Some unique, most not so. So 305 HP seemed like enough, and still does. Also like those I-4's, the power comes at the top of the rev range so it's more like what I had driven in the past. Good for cruising around town, but HOLY MOTHER OF GOD!! after 4000 rpm. Not really of course but doing that in just about any gear past second and trouble will show up in the rear view mirror. I really wanted the manual transmission. I'm used to rowing my own and despite traffic, and the slower acceleration times (these days) I just like the feeling of being more involved in the skill of driving. I have a second car with an automatic (Honda Fit) for those days when I need a grocery getter, or expect my drive to be stop and go.

So what is my angle on the Mustang? Well I'm not much into modifications, so I suppose I won't be too much of a help around here. My hobby, is both inexpensive in the short term, expensive in the long term, and excruciatingly painful when it does not work out well. I like to keep the car as in Band-Box (new) condition as I can, for as long as I can. Jay Leno would call it "original and un-restored". So while that's boring to some it works for me. When someone comes up to me and asks if the car is new, or pays some other compliment it pays off. Best example is a co-worker of mine who is a big fan of Mustangs (former 90's vintage cobra owner, now owns a GT350, hats, T-shirts etc.) Asked me if my car was one of the new eco-boost models, I either assume that my car looks pretty new and unique, or this guy needs glasses. That being said, the car is not without it's flaws, most fit and finish issues came with the car, and I've done my best to keep up with those. Other mechanical issues have made themselves known but I have dealt with them as well and so far they have been minor. Perhaps in posting later I will relate those issues as well. Will post a picture or two soon, just not on a PC that has them readily available right now. It's good to be here, and thanks for reading this.
Old 7/13/18, 09:41 AM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 1,153 Likes on 841 Posts
Welcome! I know what you mean about stepping up from something not very powerful. My previous DD was a '99 Miata rated at 140 HP. The 420 in my GT was like upgrading to a rocket....which I later upgraded with a ProCharger.

Post some pics when you get a chance
Old 7/13/18, 09:56 AM

Ok the temptation is to great to wait for me to back the car out of the garage and take a current picture, but not much has changed except for some wear on the tires. This was taken shortly after purchase, but after my first home detail. Not much has changed however so this is the "before". "after" to come later.

At the time, new to me. Still looks the same.

Last edited by RedSkulker; 7/13/18 at 09:59 AM.
Old 7/13/18, 10:13 AM

one more

This one is a bit more recent, taken at a cars and coffee earlier this year. Parked along some kindred spirits, I for some reason felt the need to show off my completely stock engine. I do clean it with a toothbrush occasionally (OCD, I know, I know) someone said to me at the show, how he could not understand anyone at a car show where they did not show the engine. so I decided to join in.
Old 7/13/18, 10:55 AM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 1,153 Likes on 841 Posts
Nice looking car you have.
The following users liked this post:
RedSkulker (7/14/18)
Old 7/13/18, 07:14 PM
V6 Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Hi and welcome here. That mustang looks spanking new! I am new to the Mustang and this forum..have fun with it!
The following users liked this post:
RedSkulker (7/14/18)
Old 7/15/18, 01:39 PM
THE RED FLASH ------Moderator

Received 1,955 Likes on 1,583 Posts
Welcome to TMS. You have a very clean looking "11" V6, thanks for sharing
Old 7/17/18, 08:04 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Welcome from NorCal! You gotta at least do an MGW shifter and some axleback mufflers on there! The V6 manuals are very rare, especially Premium V6 cars. The MRT and Borla sound really good on the V6s. Check out some videos on YouTube. Otherwise, enjoy and again, welcome. I'm the resident mod pusher...I'm here to try to make you spend money.
Old 7/22/18, 10:02 AM

Nice to hear that there is something rare, that seems normal to me, in a community of cars so large. I would not mind a smoother shifting transmission having mostly Japanese versions in the past (Honda/Toyota) As for the axle back I'm ok with what I have, but have wondered if they are truly stock. The tips are the strait open pipe 3 1/2 inch diameter. I believe these are common the the MT equipped cars (not the pipe inside the pipe type). To me it sounds ok but I have never seen another set on other mustangs around here. Could be that the majority are automatics, or GT's. At the cars and coffee I brought this up and some there thought they were not stock. I think they may have come with the car, but were optioned by the original owner. I wanted to get the original window sticker, there's a website for that using the VIN number but mine was not available..
Old 7/22/18, 12:16 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Originally Posted by RedSkulker
Nice to hear that there is something rare, that seems normal to me, in a community of cars so large. I would not mind a smoother shifting transmission having mostly Japanese versions in the past (Honda/Toyota) As for the axle back I'm ok with what I have, but have wondered if they are truly stock. The tips are the strait open pipe 3 1/2 inch diameter. I believe these are common the the MT equipped cars (not the pipe inside the pipe type). To me it sounds ok but I have never seen another set on other mustangs around here. Could be that the majority are automatics, or GT's. At the cars and coffee I brought this up and some there thought they were not stock. I think they may have come with the car, but were optioned by the original owner. I wanted to get the original window sticker, there's a website for that using the VIN number but mine was not available..
The MT cars had different mufflers than the AT cars. Yours are probably stock, though they look similar to the GT500 tips, just a little smaller. Though, take a pic and post it - it's possible someone had some GT500 mufflers fitted.