General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

AKKK! Paint problem

Search this Thread

Old 9/24/17, 06:29 PM
Legacy Tms Member

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
AKKK! Paint problem

I was washing the Mustang and while all went well, I found a fine (what I believe to be) paint spray on the right side. A couple of weeks ago I recall being in heavy traffic on a city street, as in no escape route or lane change possibilities, and saw a paint spill in the lane ahead of me. I looked at the cars in front of me and didn't see anything being picked up on their tires so I went for it. Yesterday during the wash I found a very thin, very fine spray deposit. At a glance you don't even notice but if you're down with it its plainly evident.

Assuming this was latex paint does anyone know of a means I can clean this off, or does a detail shop have techniques, or do I have to go for a re-paint. (no, no, no)
Old 9/29/17, 11:02 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 387 Likes on 284 Posts
Hopefully you won't have to repaint. Maybe try some Turtle wax fine compound, or WD 40. WD 40 has worked for me in other instances. Of course I would re-wax after using the 40. Good luck.
Old 10/1/17, 01:51 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 114 Likes on 88 Posts
Try the clay bar. I had great luck removing rail dust from my car when it was first delivered. It took some elbow grease but the results were worth it
Old 10/5/17, 10:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A clay bar followed up with a cheap compound polish like Meguiar's Ultimate Compound will take care of it. Been there, done that.

Last edited by MrFstBk; 10/19/17 at 01:17 PM.