2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

2014 GT failing o2 inspection test

Search this Thread

Old 9/21/17, 08:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2014 GT failing o2 inspection test

So I've been having trouble passing emissions test for the past 2 months and I'm that late on my registration.

I changed the battery and positive battery cable about 4 months ago. I put about 2k miles on the new battery and then ended up failing inspection. The o2 sensors say "not ready." So I did a drive cycle like the inspector told me to and brought it back a couple weeks later. Failed again.

At that point I figured it might be something to do with my tune. I'm running a 93 octane bama tune. I passed inspection on this same tune a year ago and haven't changed anything since then, and I know the o2 sensors are on. But just to try, I loaded a new completely different tune on my sct tuner and made sure to set the o2 sensors to on. I can't set the car back to stock because I have a 101 mm cold air intake and don't have the stock one, so I can't run a stock tune. But anyways, I did another drive cycle and inspected again today, and failed again on this completely different tune. My tuner is not listing any codes or any problems. My check engine light is not on.

At this point I have no idea what to do. Could my o2 sensors just be broken and need to be replaced? Maybe unplugged? Is it something with the PCM? What should I do?

Last edited by Shanedoe; 9/21/17 at 08:32 PM.
Old 9/21/17, 09:01 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 56 Likes on 46 Posts
Have you called Bama to find out why their tune is making you fail emissions?
Old 9/21/17, 09:56 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts
One thing I've done is purchase a Bluetooth OBD dongle and the Torque app. You can scan to see if you've managed to get the sensors ready without going in for emissions each time.
Old 9/21/17, 10:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by kylerohde
Have you called Bama to find out why their tune is making you fail emissions?
I'm not convinced it has anything to do with the tune anymore. Like I said, I passed inspection last year on the tune just fine. This year, I tried on two tunes and failed on both.