General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Hand held tuner question

Search this Thread

Old 6/20/17, 08:22 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 52 Likes on 46 Posts
Hand held tuner question

I've been running a tune for over a month now, and it seems to be working well. The only issue was that I couldn't figure out how to update the tire circumference data when I put new wheels on. So I emailed the company asking for help, and they emailed me back saying that I needed to take an online training course to unlock the tables that would let me customize the tune. Ok, fine...

The online course is $149.

I feel like I'm getting gouged here. Is that the way most manufacturers operate? Since I bought and paid for the tuner, shouldn't I be able to use all its capabilities without paying extra? Obviously, it wasn't clear to me when I bought it that there would be additional fees to make it do what I wanted.
Old 6/21/17, 06:15 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 776 Likes on 567 Posts
Wow thats a rip off. Who's tuner do you have?
Old 6/21/17, 08:43 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 52 Likes on 46 Posts
Cobb.
Old 6/23/17, 12:06 PM
GT Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Sarge
I've been running a tune for over a month now, and it seems to be working well. The only issue was that I couldn't figure out how to update the tire circumference data when I put new wheels on. So I emailed the company asking for help, and they emailed me back saying that I needed to take an online training course to unlock the tables that would let me customize the tune. Ok, fine...

The online course is $149.

I feel like I'm getting gouged here. Is that the way most manufacturers operate? Since I bought and paid for the tuner, shouldn't I be able to use all its capabilities without paying extra? Obviously, it wasn't clear to me when I bought it that there would be additional fees to make it do what I wanted.

I used my Garmin GPS to verify my speed.I used my SCT tuner to change my axle ratio until the speed matched the gps. I went from 315 gears to 333 gears for the match.

still hoping to put my 410s on someday