Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Let's Play! Identify this part!

Search this Thread

Old 5/29/17, 07:58 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Let's Play! Identify this part!

So apparently my dealer forgot to put this part back where it belongs! It's definitely a interior part. Soft rubber part that should be from under the rear seats somewhere.? Does anyone know what the hell it is? Is it important to have it put in it's proper place? Here are the numbers off the part. 7R33-6331064-MA This next # is just below the first set of numbers H259D Any help would be greatly appreciated. I've attached some pictures of the part. Did a search on google & Ford parts & got no results.

Don't really trust my dealer at this point & probably won't ever take my car back to this particular dealer. They drained my battery (had to reset my clock) left this part in the back seat. They replaced the rear sway bar & end link bushings & repaired the gas tank mount. This fixed the noise issues that were present. HOWEVER they returned it with a new scraping noise from the right rear. Turns out someone at the dealer put 30 miles on my car while it was there & got the right rear brakes & caliper hot enough to warp the mounting bracket for my caliper cover so much that they were scraping the right rear rotor!

I removed the right rear caliper cover & that eliminated the noise. Also my MPG fell from 18.9 to 11.8. Called the dealer & *****ed at the assistant service manager & he gave me the usual BS about how the car barely left the parking lot & that the battery was drained because they left the doors open to long & that's why the MPG's fell so far HA HA.

No explanation how the car had 30 miles put on it & some son of a ***** was driving the hell out it during the 30 miles hence the caliper cover mounting brackets getting so hot they warped them! Don't trust this dealer to reinstall the part where it belongs. Sorry about the long rant guys can anyone tell me what this part is. Does anyone know if Ford customer service Deysha is still around here or how to contact her?
Attached Thumbnails Let's Play! Identify this part!-cimg3410.jpg   Let's Play! Identify this part!-cimg3415.jpg   Let's Play! Identify this part!-cimg3416.jpg   Let's Play! Identify this part!-cimg3426.jpg   Let's Play! Identify this part!-cimg3431.jpg  

Let's Play! Identify this part!-cimg3433.jpg  
Old 5/29/17, 08:45 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 547 Likes on 355 Posts
I can't read the part number, but is it all above. It comes back as "We're sorry, the catalog doesn't recognize the part number you've entered.
Please confirm it and reenter".

Last edited by Siber Express; 5/29/17 at 08:50 PM.
Old 5/30/17, 06:44 AM
Banned

Received 254 Likes on 230 Posts
Nice work! I looked at it for a sec and and no clue.
Old 5/30/17, 12:01 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Gravydog316
That still doesn't tell where it goes haha
i still have zero clue
Thanks so much for the info you provided! Yeah your right it still doesn't tell me exactly where it goes. However we now know for sure it's a interior part that is a moisture shield for the seat belt.??

If I trusted this dealer anymore I'd just take it back & have it installed where it belongs. I figure they'd probably just put it in their parts pile in the service department & tell me it was installed. That's how much confidence I now have in this dealer!!

Guess I'll have to find a new dealer & trust that they'd install it in it's proper place. Either that or start tearing the interior apart myself. Does anyone know If there are any tear down instructions for the rear seats & or rear side panel?

Thanks to all who replied & helped with my issue!!!
Old 5/30/17, 09:50 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 667 Likes on 541 Posts
Well done!

It's a splash shield, similar idea to the one your door is 'skinned' with behind the door panel. It goes in behind the seat belt retractor to prevent water from getting in the thing and messing it up.

You'll have to pull the side trim out and put it in, lest you wind up with the seat belt not working should you really need it to. I'd take it back to the dealership, and *watch them do it*, or find another dealership.

Also, hidden cameras work wonders.... Just sayin'...

Here's a video on replacing the speakers... start at 2:30 and you'll see how to get the rear stuff out of the way.

After you get the panels out, the hole where the seat retractor for the front seat should be obvious at that point.

Good luck, you can do it.

Last edited by houtex; 5/30/17 at 09:55 PM.
The following users liked this post:
knk11stang (5/31/17)
Old 5/31/17, 08:18 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Gravydog316
How would you get water inside of where the seatbelt retracts, by the way?!
That's the 64,000 dollar question! Thanks to houtex & Gravydog for all your help! I'm told it needs to be in place especially if it's driven in the rain or snow.

So the dealer received a call from me today & I'm hopeful we have worked things out! I requested that I be present for the install of the part in question. They agreed & seem to be ok with that. So some other things were discussed & they will be doing something extra for me.

Hope they come through & can keep me as a customer! I do however agree with houtex on the camera thing! Think I'll be putting a GPS tracker in it on top of a dashcam instead of a hidden camera.

Last edited by knk11stang; 5/31/17 at 08:21 PM.