GT

Steeda tune...any insights?

Search this Thread

Old 5/29/17, 04:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Steeda tune...any insights?

I'm considering a tune and kinda like the reviews about the Steeda. What input can I get about it? Does anyone know if they have any deals for forum members?
Im looking for better throttle response and a little more power.
Currently I have an airaid Cai and a MBPR cat back w/h pipe.
Old 5/29/17, 08:18 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 52 Likes on 47 Posts
Are you looking for the tuner as well? Our tunes are written to be safe, reliable & powerful ... giving more HP & better drivability.

Send me your contact info & I can help get the process started with one of our lead tuners - Matt.

Best Regards,

TJ
Old 5/29/17, 12:08 PM
Banned

Received 254 Likes on 230 Posts
I installed the Steeda CAI and 93 tune few months ago. Love it. Throttle response is better, you can feel more power over 4000 RPM and you notice more TQ under 2500 too.

It sounds awesome, it adds this metalic rasp, and makes your exhaust sound a little louder. My first track day with it on was yesterday. I know it pulls harder because at this race track I typically top off at ~125mph. Yesterday I was hitting ~133mph. Plus Steeda has a reputation for being safe. I'm sure there are tunes which give you more ultimate gains, but for my usage it was exactly what I was looking for.
Old 5/29/17, 06:26 PM
EF1
Mach 1 Member

Received 132 Likes on 118 Posts
with 5.Monster I have been running the Steeda 93 octane tune along with their CAI for 2-3 years now with no issues. The car seems to pull harder and rev higher with better throttle response. Steeda has never disappointed, that is why I have so many of their items on my car.
Old 5/30/17, 12:11 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
I'm in a mixed place with Steeda. Most of my parts are Steeda. Pretty much everything except my sway bars and shocks are Steeda. I had the tune on my car and all of a sudden my tpms and oil life meter stopped working. Steeda said they would contact me and never did. When I called them on it, they said they talked to the tuner and there is no way my problems are linked. When I went back to stock, everything works again. My service before that was excellent when I had an issue with my Steeda lca. I can't decide how I feel about Steeda.

That said, while it was on my car, it was a very good tune. It ran well, just without tpms and oil life. I've been thinking of putting mine back on. Good luck.
Old 5/30/17, 09:19 AM

Hey TJ,
Did you get my pm?
Old 6/7/17, 08:33 PM

Got my tune!!

Nice!! I can feel an increase in off the line acceleration and upper rpm goes!!!! Nice job Steeda!!