Search this Thread

Old 3/12/12, 08:33 PM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
FromZto5's photoshoot

*** I will keep updating this first thread with new pics ***

4/5/15

Lots of pics incoming.

Had a day to wash and polish her, also detailed interior. Paint is once again swirl-free (the SUN doesn't lie) Post polish, she was covered in Blackfire Sealant, then Victoria Red Concours. My favorite pics today were actually of the shift ****, my Defi boost gauge, then my Koni's/Niche's. Shots were taken with my Nikon D60, using my favorite 50mm lens.

Happy Easter and enjoy.

==================================

3/29/14
Ok pic time… been a while. I finally got a chance to showcase my Milans and my Corsas. New toys I picked up over the course of the winter hibernation. Pics taken with Nikon D60, and combo 50mm lens and 85mm lens.

===========================================
3/1/14

Gave her her first wash of the calendar year, literally. That felt good to detail again. No wax/sealant yet. I'll do that this week. 55 degrees today, felt nice.

Pics I took at the onset of dusk… as dusk grew more, Marilyn got more sinister looking. Loved it Hopefully this weekend, once the roads clear, I'll be able to actually drive her. Those amber tritons are nice and bright too.

=======================================

12/1/12

Playing with my new 50mm 1.8. I have yet to open my new Lightroom...

then with new LED fogs

and the rest of the 50mm shots... love this new lens.

=================================

10/28/12

My latest pics I took today, just so happens to show those sexy tips. Love me some Borla. I am SO glad I got these puppies. For you avid detailers out there, Marilyn has 3 coats of souveran, after washing and drying with FK425. Prior sealant on there is 4star UPP. I also took a better video showcasing the borla exhaust.

Pics are regular, non HDR. I didn't bother using my promaster circular polarizing filter.

===========================

10/6/12

Alright... Here's my last set of photos for the year. Weather is getting down to mid twenties tonight. If it warms up again, maybe another photoshoot...but for now, I wanted to get out one last time and enjoy the leaves while they're on the trees....somewhat.

=====================================
9/1/2012

Took some over labor day. Saw a couple places that had great backgrounds. I included HDR and regular photos beneath it. Marilyn was wearing 2 coats of Vic Red.

Enjoy.

=================================
8/19/2012

I took these before church today. We came back, with my intention of driving it more, but then scattered t-storms were in the forecast... so, my plans got screwed. Oh well, at least I was able to drive it 10 feet in the driveway, and back

She was coated with CG Blacklight today. V7 will go on tomorrow. Pics are non-hdr, regular photos.

======================================

7/29/2012

Clouds were cooperating for me for the first part of the photoshoot... then sun came out = bad

And a props out to my MGW.... ftw

============================

As you all know, dawn and dusk are the best times to take pics. So, last night I was headed to my buddy's house, but I always bring my Nikon and tripod...so I came across this area, so....so much for my buddy.

Found a nice roundabout area by my house....who woulda thunk.

Unedited/non HDR pics:

And for kicks, I made a few of them hdr just to see...a couple turned out decent...

And this is my favorite of the bunch.

==================================================

July 4th 2012

Father's Day 2012

==========================================

btw, here's a couple pics showing why I love a freshly detailed Kona. Walking in the garage and seeing this, it NEVER gets old. Makes all my hard work worthwhile and makes me smile. Photos are 100% UNEDITED. It's got 4Star UPP then 2 coats of Souveran on it. I will throw another 2 coats on, for good measure LOL This might be a better combo that Blacklight/V7

Updated 6/1/2012

Detailed her up took a few shots. This time I used 4star upp sealant.

UPDATED 5/26/2012 Talk some shots at a park today.

Updated 5/17/2012

Installed GT500 wing, and took some pics with Tori

Updated 5/4/2012

Not great pics, but I just thought it was cool. Gotta love intense water beading pics. Washing her is just so relaxing...... it's almost, therapeutic.

Updated 3/25/2012

Went to a nice park, parked my hiney on our downtown bridge, then to an empty loading dock.... all today... enjoy.

===============================================

Springtime photoshoot, weather is finally cooperating, in the 60's and 70's this week... Marilyn was washed, then detail sprayed with CG Hybrid V7, then CG Blacklight was applied with a gray pad and PC, then final LSP was CG Pete's 53. Also showcasing Marilyn's new tint and clearbra (which you can't see, lol). I decided to try some dusk shots this time. Shots taken with Nikon D60... HDR's shots are 5 exposures. Non-HDR shots are untouched.

Enjoy.

And here are the non-HDR shots.

Last edited by FromZto5; 4/5/15 at 07:01 PM.
Old 3/12/12, 08:43 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
****, looks great man!

I think I just fell in love with the K-springs...that drop is perfect! Hows the ride?
Old 3/12/12, 08:51 PM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by LLZuB
****, looks great man!

I think I just fell in love with the K-springs...that drop is perfect! Hows the ride?
thx man. The ride is perfect. A little stiffer than stock, but it is no longer vague. Yes, the drop is how I think it should have come stock
Old 3/12/12, 08:59 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Looks awesome! The springs really changed the look.
Old 3/12/12, 09:05 PM
Calgon Take Me Away!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Awesome
Old 3/12/12, 09:07 PM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by RobDis
Looks awesome! The springs really changed the look.
Originally Posted by lalayla
Awesome
thanks folks... yes, springs definitely my favorite visual mod.
Old 3/12/12, 09:12 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Stunning man!!
Old 3/13/12, 03:39 AM
Houston xBox Players
Club President

The HDR pics are sweet
Old 3/13/12, 06:12 AM
Bullitt Member

My god, those shots are gorgeous. Those HDR shots really bring out the color well.
Old 3/13/12, 08:59 AM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by Hytek
Stunning man!!
Thx john!!! I need to see more pics of your Roush man

Originally Posted by NinjaSteffers
The HDR pics are sweet
Originally Posted by flySWA737
My god, those shots are gorgeous. Those HDR shots really bring out the color well.
Thanks guys... yeah I love HDR, but also trying to showcase the regular shots to show the true look of the car/color.
Old 3/13/12, 03:06 PM
GTR Member

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Cool

Superb photos............and I do love a clean Stang

The stance is perfect, too!
Old 3/18/12, 06:26 PM
Bullitt Member

Awesome pics...you pictures have given me the desire to learn how to take HDR pictures...what program are you using...I have Photoshop CS4, but so far, I'm not liking how it renders HDR pictures...they seem flat as compare to your shots...I've also downloaded and using Photomatrix Pro 4.1, but until I buy it, it places a watermark on the pics...but so far, I'm liking how it renders my bracketed shots. If you have any advice for a fellow Kona driver, I would greatly appreciated it...thanks...Lou
Old 3/18/12, 06:34 PM
Team Mustang Source

Nice car and photos!

I'm originally from Iowa. Family still lives in the Davenport area. Where are you at? I've since moved to Florida, but plan on moving back some day.
Old 3/18/12, 06:40 PM
Bullitt Member

I took this today using the HDR technique
Attached Thumbnails FromZto5's photoshoot-18-mar-2012a.jpg  
Old 3/18/12, 09:45 PM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by Twin Turbo
Superb photos............and I do love a clean Stang

The stance is perfect, too!
Thx twin turbo! I appreciate it. Yeah the stance is prolly my fave feature.

Originally Posted by Lou_n_Ada
Awesome pics...you pictures have given me the desire to learn how to take HDR pictures...what program are you using...I have Photoshop CS4, but so far, I'm not liking how it renders HDR pictures...they seem flat as compare to your shots...I've also downloaded and using Photomatrix Pro 4.1, but until I buy it, it places a watermark on the pics...but so far, I'm liking how it renders my bracketed shots. If you have any advice for a fellow Kona driver, I would greatly appreciated it...thanks...Lou
Hi Lou! Thank-you for the kind words. I remember when I was first thinking about buying a stang, your car was one of my inspirations...LOL.

But yeah as far as tips for hdrs, try to avoid taking pics in direct overhead sun... They tend to wash out the shots. It will still work.but not as dramatic. Next tip, avoid busy backgrounds, or backgrounds with moving objects like swaying branches, or moving cars, or even walking people. Last tip, is use a tripod and a remote trigger for your shots.

Hdr is just awesome...just have to know how to set up your shots.

Originally Posted by Berol
Nice car and photos!

I'm originally from Iowa. Family still lives in the Davenport area. Where are you at? I've since moved to Florida, but plan on moving back some day.
Thank you very much! We live in the cedar rapids area. If you are in town look me up.

I took this today using the HDR technique
for a first timer that looks fantastic man!!!! Btw, I use hdrtist on an imac for my software.
Old 3/18/12, 09:53 PM
Bullitt Member

Thanks!! I'm about to post some more pics...let me know what you think...I bought and downloaded Fhotoroom...but I will check out HDRTIST...and also thanks for the kind words on being an inspiration...very cool
Old 3/19/12, 06:24 AM
I Have No Life

Thanks!! I'm about to post some more pics...let me know what you think...I bought and downloaded Fhotoroom...but I will check out HDRTIST...and also thanks for the kind words on being an inspiration...very cool
Anytime Lou. Np at all. So where's your new pics?
Old 3/25/12, 04:16 PM
I Have No Life

Went to a nice park, parked my hiney on our downtown bridge, then to an empty loading dock.... all today... enjoy.

Last edited by FromZto5; 3/25/12 at 04:36 PM.
Old 3/25/12, 05:22 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by FromZto5

Man, you take some awesome pictures What type of lens are you using?
Old 3/25/12, 07:13 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Ok so I think one of those pics is going to replace my car for my wallpaper on my computer.....shh don't tell her.

I just showed those pics to my lady and now she wants an HDR camera. She's putting one on our wedding gift registry lol. Thanks man! Now just gotta figure out how to get a supercharger on the registry too.

Quick Reply: FromZto5's photoshoot