05-09 My Color, IUP & Gt-500 Cluster, Gauge Face Topics 2005-2009 My Color, IUP & Gt-500 Cluster, Gauge Face Topics

MyColor

Search this Thread

Old 3/1/11, 05:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MyColor

Hey I'm new here but I've been reading about upgrading to MyColor across many different forums.

I have a 2006 V6 Mustang with the basic 4 Gauge cluster with 52K on it that has the IUP Harness behind the dummy switch.

My question is...

Can I get a used 2007 6 Gauge MyColor Cluster that also has 52K on it and a Message Center Switch and expect full functionality out of the MyColor, 6 Gauges and the Info Center?

Also where can I get the switch?

Here is where I Found the used Clusters...

http://www.automotix.net/usedautopar...a26&seq_num=23
Old 3/1/11, 09:52 PM
Just Plain Rude!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by USMC xI2aMpAnTx
Hey I'm new here but I've been reading about upgrading to MyColor across many different forums.

I have a 2006 V6 Mustang with the basic 4 Gauge cluster with 52K on it that has the IUP Harness behind the dummy switch.

My question is...

Can I get a used 2007 6 Gauge MyColor Cluster that also has 52K on it and a Message Center Switch and expect full functionality out of the MyColor, 6 Gauges and the Info Center?

Also where can I get the switch?
First, welcome to the forum. Next, it's been a while, so hopefully someone can back me up or correct me on this, but...

You should be able to get a 6 gauge Mycolor cluster or even a GT500 cluster (just be aware that the boost gauge won't work) and the switches from a dealer, and it should all install just fine. I think you'll have to get the dealer to download your information from your current cluster and load it into your new cluster (not completely sure about that). But I'm pretty sure they have to make sure your mileage matches up, in which case it won't matter where you get the cluster or how many miles are on it.

I think at some point they stopped putting the IUP harness in cars that didn't have it, but it sounds like you've already checked that it's there.

It's definately been done before, so just search around the forum a little bit and I'm sure you can probably find more threads about swapping clusters.
Old 3/2/11, 05:31 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts
I put the GT500 in my 05 which didn't have the IUP option , but since it was an early 05 it had the harness and plug , like Sebastian said at some point they stopped putting them in cars without the option. You can just pop off the face plate where the switch would go and see if the harness is there. If it is then you can just plug it in and it will work. However any options that the cluster has turned on that you don't have in your car will cause it to give you a warning message at each start up , you can then turn the message off but it will return next start up. My 05 didn't have the TPMS on it so I got the warning , plus it had an annoying warning about your speed at around 70 mph turned on , I was told it's a European thing. So I took it to the dealer to have them turned off , they should only charge you an hour labor. Mine was new and when I order it from Steve at Tousley ford , it came with the correct milage. If you buy a used one I'm not sure how that would work out ...

Last edited by 05YellowGT; 3/2/11 at 05:41 AM.
Old 3/2/11, 10:29 AM

Originally Posted by 05YellowGT
I put the GT500 in my 05 which didn't have the IUP option , but since it was an early 05 it had the harness and plug , like Sebastian said at some point they stopped putting them in cars without the option. You can just pop off the face plate where the switch would go and see if the harness is there. If it is then you can just plug it in and it will work. However any options that the cluster has turned on that you don't have in your car will cause it to give you a warning message at each start up , you can then turn the message off but it will return next start up. My 05 didn't have the TPMS on it so I got the warning , plus it had an annoying warning about your speed at around 70 mph turned on , I was told it's a European thing. So I took it to the dealer to have them turned off , they should only charge you an hour labor. Mine was new and when I order it from Steve at Tousley ford , it came with the correct milage. If you buy a used one I'm not sure how that would work out ...
If I'm going from a base 2006 V6 with 4 gauge cluster to a 2007 V6 with 6gauge cluster, it will probably have to have the features turned off right?
Old 3/2/11, 12:32 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

My cluster is for an 07 GT500 and it has the TPMS , but my 05 didn't so I had to have it turned off. If your 06 doesn't have it and the 07 cluster does you'll get the warning unless you have it turned off ...
Old 3/2/11, 02:47 PM

My cluster is for an 07 GT500 and it has the TPMS , but my 05 didn't so I had to have it turned off. If your 06 doesn't have it and the 07 cluster does you'll get the warning unless you have it turned off ...

And any Ford dealer can definitely fix that for me, correct?
The reason I ask even though you told me you had it done is because when I called my local Ford dealer just offbase here about this whole MyColor upgrade, he had no clue what I was talking about...
Old 3/3/11, 05:08 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Yes any ford dealer can do it ... They have to down load the cluster info from your old cluster while it's in the car , then install the new cluster and upload the info into it. I asked two dealer ships and one said they wanted 2 hours labor and the other said 1 hour , which is what it should be for a little work as it is. When you get the cluster you can put it in and drive around a little to see if you get any warnings , that's what I did before I took it to the dealer ...

If you planning on getting a new cluster I would recommend Steve at Tousley ford , he's the one who most of us here on the forum have gotten our clusters from , he has the best price for dealers. You can google Tousley ford to find there site and number , just call and ask for Steve and then have your local dealer swap the info. Just be aware that there is a core charge which you'll get refunded when you return the old cluster ...

Last edited by 05YellowGT; 3/3/11 at 05:15 AM.
Old 3/3/11, 03:59 PM

Yes any ford dealer can do it ... They have to down load the cluster info from your old cluster while it's in the car , then install the new cluster and upload the info into it. I asked two dealer ships and one said they wanted 2 hours labor and the other said 1 hour , which is what it should be for a little work as it is. When you get the cluster you can put it in and drive around a little to see if you get any warnings , that's what I did before I took it to the dealer ...

If you planning on getting a new cluster I would recommend Steve at Tousley ford , he's the one who most of us here on the forum have gotten our clusters from , he has the best price for dealers. You can google Tousley ford to find there site and number , just call and ask for Steve and then have your local dealer swap the info. Just be aware that there is a core charge which you'll get refunded when you return the old cluster ...

I just ordered a used one for $140 which matches my mileage.