Repair & Service Help All Repair related problems, issues, TSBs, and anything else revolving around the Repair of your Mustang

Help! Leak, wet behind drivers seat and under drivers mat.

Search this Thread

Old 2/9/20, 09:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help! Leak, wet behind drivers seat and under drivers mat.

I have a Mustang 2016 GT. It has recently gone out of warranty so of course I would encounter this issue now. Yesterday it rained very hard and I noticed its wet behind the driver seat and in front under the drivers side mat. Everywhere else its dry.

I read stories about leaks coming from the 3rd break light so I checked the headliner and saw no discoloration or other signs of water coming from there. i don’t see any obvious leaks in the car. No water streaking inside the car and the passenger seats are dry. A friend suggested it could be a clogged AC evap drain but I’d think the water would manifest on the passenger side and not the drivers side. Also, I don’t recall having used the AC then.

Anyway, to prevent this from becoming a book I’ll just stop and ask if any of you guys have any ideas of where it could be coming from, any good techniques to confirm the leak location and the easiest most cost effective way to perhaps fix it.

This is where the wettest area was :

We area behind drivers seat towards center console.