Curated Content Articles 2010-2014 Youtube & Photo Gallery Magazine Type Articles With Pictures By IB / Youtube & Photo Gallery

This Cop Drives an Unmarked Mustang

Search this Thread

Old 11/15/13, 05:53 PM
TMS Editor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This Cop Drives an Unmarked Mustang

That's cheating.

In California, almost all of the highway patrol cars are marked, so this kinda thing never happens. This cop in Kentucky though? He's written over 150,000 speeding tickets over the last 24 years. I don't even know how I would react if I got pulled over by a Mustang. Probably confusion, anger, and then tears, then laughter (just to confuse the guy.)

Full story on the blog here!
Old 11/15/13, 06:29 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 788 Likes on 574 Posts
what a #$%^
Old 11/15/13, 07:14 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Received 1,749 Likes on 1,240 Posts
Originally Posted by Marcus S
I don't even know how I would react if I got pulled over by a Mustang. Probably confusion, anger, and then tears, then laughter (just to confuse the guy.)
LMFAO
Old 11/15/13, 07:36 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Not very surprising to me. Here in NC we have numerous unmarked mustangs and other. The best being a black Z06. Yes a Z06 It was mentioned on the American Top Gear.
Old 11/15/13, 09:46 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Stage_3
LMFAO
rofl!
Old 11/15/13, 11:03 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
There's unmarked Shelby's and GTs here in Indiana. One was grabber blue!!! I just about crash every time I see them. I lose my train of thought when my wife drives and I see them. The topic automatically shifts to the police driving Mustangs and so on for an hour.

My Tax dollars at work, baby!
Old 11/16/13, 08:36 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Back in the late 90's, Richmond, VA had a drug seized green LT1 Camaro that was the king of ticket writing.
Old 11/19/13, 08:44 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Indiana has multiple shelby and 5.0 mustang cop cars
Old 11/20/13, 04:08 PM

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by jdub2k5
Indiana has multiple shelby and 5.0 mustang cop cars
Yes and... Thanks to me for paying double taxes for being self employed now. I hope they are enjoying those cars. Lol
Old 11/20/13, 05:09 PM
GT Member

Secret police forces are generally a bad idea, especially for minor "crimes" like speeding. The cops love it because they are less accountable since nobody knows they're a cop. They can get away with anything while a uniformed/marked car officer is being watched by the public. I mean, if this is such a great idea then why not have ALL cops go undercover?
The problem is that having the public desensitized to stopping for unmarked cars means that any nut with a blue light can stop your wife/girlfriend on a deserted road and commit a crime before she knows she's not dealing with a real cop, then it's not publicized because the cops don't want to spook the public. This dangerous practice is my pet peeve.
Old 11/20/13, 06:53 PM

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts
Angry

Originally Posted by exchallenger
Secret police forces are generally a bad idea.

The problem is that having the public desensitized to stopping for unmarked cars means that any nut with a blue light can stop your wife/girlfriend on a deserted road and commit a crime before she knows she's not dealing with a real cop, then it's not publicized because the cops don't want to spook the public. This dangerous practice is my pet peeve.
This is the problem.
Years ago I was pulled over by an LTD (Crown Vic) with blue lights hidden.
He was not a cop (not even tall enough) and no uniform. Just a fake badge.
THEY ARE OUT THERE.
I would not want my wife or girlfriend stopped by this kind of Bozo.
Old 11/21/13, 11:54 AM
GT Member

For criminals, this is the oldest trick in the book. You can go all the way back to the St. Valentine's massacre, or the Brink's job. In modern times, this is the ruse of choice for many serial killers. What do Jeffrey Dahmer, Ted Bundy, and the Hillside Strangler(s) have in common? You guessed it.
Old 11/23/13, 10:24 AM
GT Member

Here it is two days later and I'm reading about a woman in Carrollton (State?) being pulled over by an impersonator in crown vic, handcuffing her, and sexually assaulting her in the back of his "cop car". Cops playing undercover hero make it possible for criminals to impersonate them. Simple as that. When the public can't tell the good guys from the bad guys you got trouble. And don't think YOUR wife/girlfriend/sister wouldn't pull over just as fast as all the other victims.
Old 11/23/13, 11:10 AM
Mach 1 Member

No offense to anyone on here who is a police officer, but most of them are a joke...like this guy. How the **** is it legal to ride around in a completely unmarked Mustang GT and hand out speeding tickets? Why doesn't that guy focus on something a little more important. One other thing, how many times have you guys seen a police officer use their turn signal? You have a better chance of seeing a unicorn. Pathetic.
Old 11/23/13, 12:38 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by mrp5150
No offense to anyone on here who is a police officer, but most of them are a joke...like this guy. How the **** is it legal to ride around in a completely unmarked Mustang GT and hand out speeding tickets? Why doesn't that guy focus on something a little more important. One other thing, how many times have you guys seen a police officer use their turn signal? You have a better chance of seeing a unicorn. Pathetic.
I agree. This is just a money maker for them, hands down. The car would serve no other function than handing out tickets. You couldn't transport anyone in it or carry a drug dog in it, etc.

And yes, popo breaks the law all the time, no blinkers, speeding, rolling stops at red lights and stop signs, but they cannot be cited for a misdemeanor when in the line of duty and they are always in the line of duty. Go figure. The job itself attracts a certain personality type and that is why most cops are extreme alpha-male types that are NEVER wrong whether or not they are in a uniform.
Old 11/23/13, 01:06 PM
Mach 1 Member

theres quite a few of those around here. i know of 2 mustangs, supercharged 2011 camaro, dodge dart blacked out, charger on 24's, and a bunch of unmarked regular chargers.
Old 11/23/13, 04:53 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 53 Likes on 52 Posts
Originally Posted by mrp5150
Originally Posted by Automatic 5.0
I agree. This is just a money maker for them, hands down. The car would serve no other function than handing out tickets. You couldn't transport anyone in it or carry a drug dog in it, etc.

And yes, popo breaks the law all the time, no blinkers, speeding, rolling stops at red lights and stop signs, but they cannot be cited for a misdemeanor when in the line of duty and they are always in the line of duty. Go figure. The job itself attracts a certain personality type and that is why most cops are extreme alpha-male types that are NEVER wrong whether or not they are in a uniform.
If there weren't so many people speeding, they wouldn't have a reason to do this. They "get away with it" because it catches more speeders. Don't want to contribute to their fundraising? Don't speed.

There are ways to determine if you're speaking to a police officer or not. It's not rocket science.
Old 11/23/13, 05:03 PM
GT Member

So this latest woman who was victimized (read: raped) must be stupid, is that it? When I was a teenager they caught an impersonator down the street from my house. He had GREEN lights in a bar on his car. The dope who pulled over for him? A local school principal. The issue isn't speeding enforcement, nobody is saying uniformed cops in marked cars shouldn't do their job, but that it is critical that they know it's a cop. Otherwise, this is what happens.
Old 11/23/13, 05:11 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 109 Likes on 95 Posts
I would like to own one of these state trooper GT's some day.
Old 11/24/13, 12:25 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by kcoTiger
If there weren't so many people speeding, they wouldn't have a reason to do this.
The way around it is to raise the speed limits to reasonable speeds. Some roads do have reasonable speed limits, but honestly I'd say 90% of them don't. I know they won't though, because speeding tickets bring in insane amounts of money for the state.

Quick Reply: This Cop Drives an Unmarked Mustang