Hall Of Fame Homepage Journal Type & Other Threads of Merit By Admin Invitation Only
View Poll Results: Do you prefer us lobbing Potatoes or Grenades to take care of spammers?
Lob potatoes to just stun them
16.67%
Lob grenades and remove them from the TMS pool permanently
83.33%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Mustangs Coast to Coast

Search this Thread

Old 12/14/12, 09:01 AM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
thats a good looking truck.
Old 12/14/12, 09:09 AM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
I can't stand watching Pawn Stars. Everytime someone comes in, the guys are like "let me call a friend to check this out" - why not just watch Antiques Roadshow or something? I'm not sure in any of the clips I've ever watched that they've offered a price on something without help.
Old 12/14/12, 09:40 AM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Well I'll be danged.. just noticed I've been drinkin here for 5 yrs today.
Old 12/14/12, 09:42 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by cdynaco
Well I'll be danged.. just noticed I've been drinkin here for 5 yrs today.
Congrats
Old 12/14/12, 10:53 AM
Post *****

The Parker controversy came about after Griffin responded to a question in a press conference on Wednesday after practice about Martin Luther King, Jr.

“For me, you don’t ever want to be defined by the color of your skin,” Griffin told reporters on Wednesday. “You want to be defined by your work ethic, the person that you are, your character, your personality. That’s what I’ve tried to go out and do.

“I am an African-American in America. That will never change. But I don’t have to be defined by that.”
Thank you RGIII !!

“Following yesterday’s comments, Rob Parker has been suspended until further notice,” ESPN spokesman Mike Soltys tweeted. “We are conducting a full review.”
SCREW YOU ESPN! Fire that racist dirtbag Parker!
Old 12/14/12, 11:35 AM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
Thank you RGIII !!
I told y'all he was a good and smart kid. He is an example and hopefully young blacks and all young kids playing sports will look to him as the role model he is.

He's freaking smart. He was not a quarterback that just got passed through the system.

And it also says a lot about his parents. They must be fine people. As military members tend to be.
Old 12/14/12, 12:05 PM
MOTM Committee Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown
Yeah. Shelby is the best one on there. I could watch a whole show about him, that SOB cracks me up.
hands down he's the best! "C'mon *****!" LOL love that guy. His crazy cousin is terrifying. He's definitely got a couple screws loose

Originally Posted by svopaul
don't watch ax men and I quit watching Pawn stars when they started turning the episodes into Subway commercials and it got more ridiculous and away from what it originally was...used to like it though...
No kidding. I watched an episode that had essentially a 5 min commercial for Skype in it. Lame
Originally Posted by StangMahn
I can't stand watching Pawn Stars. Everytime someone comes in, the guys are like "let me call a friend to check this out" - why not just watch Antiques Roadshow or something? I'm not sure in any of the clips I've ever watched that they've offered a price on something without help.
Hahaha you're right. They do that for at least 70% of the items

Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs
I told y'all he was a good and smart kid. He is an example and hopefully young blacks and all young kids playing sports will look to him as the role model he is.

He's freaking smart. He was not a quarterback that just got passed through the system.

And it also says a lot about his parents. They must be fine people. As military members tend to be.
Alright now I gotta youtube this to see what this idiot Rob Parker said. It was a huge deal at work yesterday but I tried to ignore it (as I usually do with anything that comes out of ESPN). But now that it's on TMS I must see it.
Old 12/14/12, 12:08 PM
Post *****

Originally Posted by stangfoeva

Alright now I gotta youtube this to see what this idiot Rob Parker said. It was a huge deal at work yesterday but I tried to ignore it (as I usually do with anything that comes out of ESPN). But now that it's on TMS I must see it.
It's offensive Jason! At least Stephen A. Smith spoke up about how it was wrong at the time.
Old 12/14/12, 12:12 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 643 Likes on 463 Posts
Originally Posted by Boss 1409
Thanks Paul, hopefully the weather isn't too bad.

Lee, have you tried this yet?

Attachment 125984
No, but it doesn't sound appealing to me.
Old 12/14/12, 12:26 PM
MOTM Committee Member

It's offensive Jason! At least Stephen A. Smith spoke up about how it was wrong at the time.
Just saw it, and I must agree it most certainly was.

Sadly even more still, I am black, and this is not the first time I've seen this attitude coming from black people. I've dealt with it all my life. People who think I'm not "black" enough because I don't act like an idiotic character from a BET program. Please.

Thank God my mom always raised me to have a mind of my own, and to do what I know is right and not just follow the crowd. I can't tell you how many highly intelligent black people I've met who didn't act intelligent just for fear of not fitting in (as stupid as that sounds).

To quote a line from one the best "black shows" (if there is such a thing) of all time, Fresh Prince of Bel-Air, "Being black isn't what I'm trying to be it's what I am."

Rob Parker's comments were ignorant and racist. I'm glad America is recognizing what he said was very stupid
Old 12/14/12, 12:29 PM
Legacy Tms Member

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
http://www.cnn.com/2012/12/14/us/con...ing/index.html ....just sick....
Old 12/14/12, 12:46 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by jerseygirl
Yup been hearing about it all morning
Old 12/14/12, 12:47 PM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by jerseygirl
just awful.. to harm one child is sick enough, but a whole class is proof of true evil.
Old 12/14/12, 12:48 PM
Post *****

Sadly even more still, I am black, and this is not the first time I've seen this attitude coming from black people. I've dealt with it all my life. People who think I'm not "black" enough because I don't act like an idiotic character from a BET program. Please.

Thank God my mom always raised me to have a mind of my own, and to do what I know is right and not just follow the crowd. I can't tell you how many highly intelligent black people I've met who didn't act intelligent just for fear of not fitting in (as stupid as that sounds).

To quote a line from one the best "black shows" (if there is such a thing) of all time, Fresh Prince of Bel-Air, "Being black isn't what I'm trying to be it's what I am."

Rob Parker's comments were ignorant and racist. I'm glad America is recognizing what he said was very stupid
You're black!?!?

I always thought of you as more of a Grabber Blue.

Seriously though the only reason I knew you were black was when you posted that vid you submitted for the Fiesta contest I think it was.

And I don't mean that to sound like you are white on TMS, just that you're a normal American here.
Old 12/14/12, 12:58 PM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Thank you for stating it Jason. I went to a hugely majority black high school, probably 90%. One of the reasons I was there is because the school district put an advanced program in that school to bring up test scores. I saw so many highly intelligent black students (some that were in the program at one time) succumb to the peer pressure. I've got to tell you, that's one of the single most frustrating things I've ever seen in my life. The kids have such potential, but they can't get away from the constant taunting for being a "smart kid" and just bow down to it.

Being honest, that's what's really wrong with black America. There's seems to be a stigma for being successful, and that the only way it can be done is through sports or rapping.

I could go on for hours about the completely ridiculous behaviors and issues I saw in HS, but its just too **** depressing.
Old 12/14/12, 01:00 PM
Post *****

just that you're a normal American here.
Right. By continuing all these special interest groups - based on skin color or whatever - just keeps furthering the 'bucket of crabs' syndrome. One crab climbs up the bucket ready to get out and pursue their own unique dream of life, but the others don't want to be abandoned, yet are unwilling to rise above themselves. So they pull it back in the bucket. Stinks.
Old 12/14/12, 01:02 PM
Post *****

Reminds me of this scene...

Jerry: "What? About you datin' a black guy? What's the big deal?"
Elaine: "What black guy?"
Jerry: "Darryl. He's black, isn't he?"
Elaine: "He is?"
George: "No, he isn't."
Jerry: "Isn't he, Elaine?"
Elaine: "You think?"
George: "I thought he looked Irish."
Jerry: "What's his last name?"
Elaine: "Nelson."
George: "That's not Irish."
Jerry: "I think he's black."
George: "Should we be talkin' about this?"
Elaine: "I think it's OK."
George: "No, it isn't."
Jerry: "Why not?"
George: "Well, it would be OK if Darryl was here."
Jerry: "If he's black."
Elaine: "Is he black?"
Jerry: "Does it matter?"
Elaine: "No, course not. I mean, I'd just like to know."
Jerry: "Oh, so you need to know?"
Elaine: "No, I don't need to know. I just think it would be nice if I knew."
Old 12/14/12, 01:17 PM
INKY

Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown

No, but it doesn't sound appealing to me.
Sounded ok until I though about it, not much for sweet whiskey, they are probably trying to compete with the likes of Honey Jack and such.
Old 12/14/12, 01:33 PM
MOTM Committee Member

You're black!?!?

I always thought of you as more of a Grabber Blue.

Seriously though the only reason I knew you were black was when you posted that vid you submitted for the Fiesta contest I think it was.

And I don't mean that to sound like you are white on TMS, just that you're a normal American here.
Lol I remeber that! Think I still have the video on my computer lol

Originally Posted by StangMahn
Thank you for stating it Jason. I went to a hugely majority black high school, probably 90%. One of the reasons I was there is because the school district put an advanced program in that school to bring up test scores. I saw so many highly intelligent black students (some that were in the program at one time) succumb to the peer pressure. I've got to tell you, that's one of the single most frustrating things I've ever seen in my life. The kids have such potential, but they can't get away from the constant taunting for being a "smart kid" and just bow down to it.

Being honest, that's what's really wrong with black America. There's seems to be a stigma for being successful, and that the only way it can be done is through sports or rapping.

I could go on for hours about the completely ridiculous behaviors and issues I saw in HS, but its just too **** depressing.
Right. By continuing all these special interest groups - based on skin color or whatever - just keeps furthering the 'bucket of crabs' syndrome. One crab climbs up the bucket ready to get out and pursue their own unique dream of life, but the others don't want to be abandoned, yet are unwilling to rise above themselves. So they pull it back in the bucket. Stinks.
1000% agree with both of the above!!!
Reminds me of this scene...

Jerry: "What? About you datin' a black guy? What's the big deal?"
Elaine: "What black guy?"
Jerry: "Darryl. He's black, isn't he?"
Elaine: "He is?"
George: "No, he isn't."
Jerry: "Isn't he, Elaine?"
Elaine: "You think?"
George: "I thought he looked Irish."
Jerry: "What's his last name?"
Elaine: "Nelson."
George: "That's not Irish."
Jerry: "I think he's black."
George: "Should we be talkin' about this?"
Elaine: "I think it's OK."
George: "No, it isn't."
Jerry: "Why not?"
George: "Well, it would be OK if Darryl was here."
Jerry: "If he's black."
Elaine: "Is he black?"
Jerry: "Does it matter?"
Elaine: "No, course not. I mean, I'd just like to know."
Jerry: "Oh, so you need to know?"
Elaine: "No, I don't need to know. I just think it would be nice if I knew."
I remember that scene. As Banya would say, "That's gold Jerry, gold!"

We (as a country) should be focusing more on preventing crimes like the shooting jerseygirl posted. That is way more important IMO
Old 12/14/12, 01:36 PM
Post *****

Whut???

Let's see... we give billions in aid to numerous sovereign nations - nations that generate their own revenue from their economies, but don't dare ask them to pay tax to the US.
So how does chief ho think he can tax American Indians that are sovereign nations?? They are generating revenue from their own economies, and any aid provided by the US is because Europeans STOLE their land.

IRS lays out rules for taxing tribes
December 14, 2012
WASHINGTON (AP) — Taxes cannot be levied on honoraria to a shaman or spiritual leader for religious services, but could be assessed on per-capita payments from gambling revenues to tribal members, under a proposal for taxing Native Americans by the Internal Revenue Service.

The thorny issue of taxing Native Americans and Alaska Natives had the potential to cause a rift in the good relations the Obama administration built with tribes during the president's first term. Tribal members chafed at IRS audits on their finances and at demands for tax payments on some benefits for and payments to them.

At a Senate Indian Affairs Committee hearing in June, tribes complained that the IRS was enforcing tax laws without taking into account unique aspects of their sovereign governments. In one case detailed in written testimony, an IRS agent ruled tribal members who benefited from government programs should be taxed on the part of the benefit paid for by gambling revenue.

Quick Reply: Mustangs Coast to Coast