Hall Of Fame Homepage Journal Type & Other Threads of Merit By Admin Invitation Only
View Poll Results: Do you prefer us lobbing Potatoes or Grenades to take care of spammers?
Lob potatoes to just stun them
16.67%
Lob grenades and remove them from the TMS pool permanently
83.33%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Mustangs Coast to Coast

Search this Thread

Old 1/20/12, 06:21 AM
BoogieNights Studios:
Official Fluffer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Scothew
Yeah let's say it was 2300 sq ft of warm and water
You have inspired me into thinking that I want to be a vol fireman. I think I would also like to do extraction also.
Old 1/20/12, 06:22 AM
The Legacy TMS Lady

Received 203 Likes on 132 Posts
Morning.....so gosh darn tired and a headache to boot
Old 1/20/12, 06:30 AM
Stubborn Bear
TMS Staff

Received 48 Likes on 39 Posts
Originally Posted by BoogieNights

You have inspired me into thinking that I want to be a vol fireman. I think I would also like to do extraction also.
Wow thanks dirk, can't say I've inspired someone before. If you go that route chances are you'll do a bit of everything.
Old 1/20/12, 06:33 AM
Stubborn Bear
TMS Staff

Originally Posted by 08GTCandyApple
Morning.....so gosh darn tired and a headache to boot
hope it gets beter
Old 1/20/12, 07:05 AM
BoogieNights Studios:
Official Fluffer

Wow thanks dirk, can't say I've inspired someone before. If you go that route chances are you'll do a bit of everything.
Well I have been thinkign about it for a long time and just havent pushed myself to get there but after seeing how much you do and how much it really matters to you for you to be doing this it is making want to go out there a strive to help people like you do.
Old 1/20/12, 07:27 AM
Stubborn Bear
TMS Staff

Well I have been thinkign about it for a long time and just havent pushed myself to get there but after seeing how much you do and how much it really matters to you for you to be doing this it is making want to go out there a strive to help people like you do.
It is a rewarding thing for me at least, even though there is no money in it, lost sleep, and other junk. All it takes is one person telling you thanks for when you were to help them in a dire situation to make you realize how you are giving to your community. I went to a medical the other morning and it was to the parents house of a girl I grew up with. The girl called me later that day to tell me thanks and to let me know how relieved it made her mom when I walked in to help and it was someone they knew and trusted.

I will say one thing in the con category, it can potentially screw u up in the head. The things you'll see and do, and be trained to deal with. Granted you prob see alot anyway in your line of work, but I can be completely numb to what should be very emtotional events
Old 1/20/12, 07:41 AM
BoogieNights Studios:
Official Fluffer

It is a rewarding thing for me at least, even though there is no money in it, lost sleep, and other junk. All it takes is one person telling you thanks for when you were to help them in a dire situation to make you realize how you are giving to your community. I went to a medical the other morning and it was to the parents house of a girl I grew up with. The girl called me later that day to tell me thanks and to let me know how relieved it made her mom when I walked in to help and it was someone they knew and trusted.

I will say one thing in the con category, it can potentially screw u up in the head. The things you'll see and do, and be trained to deal with. Granted you prob see alot anyway in your line of work, but I can be completely numb to what should be very emtotional events
Oh I know what you mean about making you screwed up in the head. I have seen a few things that were pretty bad.

I still remember when I was at a car show and a drag car went into the crowd on the side of the road after he lost control doing a burnout during the parade of cars.

I think the only thing that I wouldnt be able to handle is if a baby or child was involved
Old 1/20/12, 07:56 AM
Stubborn Bear
TMS Staff

I think the only thing that I wouldnt be able to handle is if a baby or child was involved
Yeah those are tough, but thats where training comes in. you know what you gotta do, you go in and you do it thats about it. Thats a perfect example of when I say I can go numb to things.
Old 1/20/12, 08:03 AM
BoogieNights Studios:
Official Fluffer

Yeah those are tough, but thats where training comes in. you know what you gotta do, you go in and you do it thats about it. Thats a perfect example of when I say I can go numb to things.
Yeah and I am pretty sure that once I have done it awhile i would be bale to put my feelings aside better and get the job done
Old 1/20/12, 08:21 AM
A Man Just Needs Some....

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
Wasup peeps?
So glad I'm only trained for industrial and hazmat types of incidents. Would hate to respond to car wrecks and people's homes on fire.
Old 1/20/12, 08:24 AM
Stubborn Bear
TMS Staff

In so glad I get to call people like al when I come up on a hazmat scene. That way I get to stay upwind with a pair of binocs and watch them in level 3's cleaning it up :-p
Old 1/20/12, 08:30 AM

In so glad I get to call people like al when I come up on a hazmat scene. That way I get to stay upwind with a pair of binocs and watch them in level 3's cleaning it up :-p
Lmao. The good thing is I'm on the fire brigade for work so I don't get called to the truck flipped over on the interstate. Our fires are usually put water on it and get the hell out of there. Just about everything requires SCBA's and decon though. Dang chemical plants.
Old 1/20/12, 08:41 AM
BoogieNights Studios:
Official Fluffer

Now thats what I am talking about. I breathe in enough crap out here that I dont want to do it in the states doing that kind of job
Old 1/20/12, 09:09 AM
Calgon Take Me Away!

Good morning

Thank you for the explanation, Scott! It was so weird how it would work and then it wouldn't. Just said that the lens isn't connected.
Old 1/20/12, 09:12 AM
Stubborn Bear
TMS Staff

Originally Posted by AlsCobra

Lmao. The good thing is I'm on the fire brigade for work so I don't get called to the truck flipped over on the interstate. Our fires are usually put water on it and get the hell out of there. Just about everything requires SCBA's and decon though. Dang chemical plants.
I got hazmat aware and ops cert already, doubt I go further into that aspect. I know enough about it all to go hold up we need a better look at that from a distance.

Btw which packs you use? We just all new ones from Viking and they are pretty nice, except the 3 faulty boards we've had so far but they took care of that quick
Old 1/20/12, 09:15 AM
Stubborn Bear
TMS Staff

Originally Posted by lalayla
Good morning

Thank you for the explanation, Scott! It was so weird how it would work and then it wouldn't. Just said that the lens isn't connected.
Your welcome Amie
Old 1/20/12, 09:18 AM

I got hazmat aware and ops cert already, doubt I go further into that aspect. I know enough about it all to go hold up we need a better look at that from a distance.

Btw which packs you use? We just all new ones from Viking and they are pretty nice, except the 3 faulty boards we've had so far but they took care of that quick
We use scott. Mostly 40min bottles. We have lots of ammonia and HCL here. Phosgene gas and CO also. All evil stuff.
Old 1/20/12, 09:38 AM
INKY

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Morning everyone. Made it back hake after hitting some snow and a 20 or so minute stau "traffic jam". Another hour to my drive made me realize why the Boss is in the garage.
Old 1/20/12, 10:55 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey every one how's it going?
Old 1/20/12, 10:57 AM
Calgon Take Me Away!

GILF!!!!

Quick Reply: Mustangs Coast to Coast