Hall Of Fame Homepage Journal Type & Other Threads of Merit By Admin Invitation Only
View Poll Results: Do you prefer us lobbing Potatoes or Grenades to take care of spammers?
Lob potatoes to just stun them
16.67%
Lob grenades and remove them from the TMS pool permanently
83.33%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Mustangs Coast to Coast

Search this Thread

Old 5/14/10, 11:11 PM
Legacy TMS Member Pr

Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts
Originally Posted by cdynaco
Yeah its the 300 I6. Supposedly a Ford tractor engine. I can dang near camp out in the engine bay. LOL

And its the reason the 4.9L V8 engine was called the 5.0 - us F150 boys already had the 4.9L label!
My dad had a 90 E-250 w the 4.9L. He still regrets selling it three years ago Pretty darn good truck.
Old 5/14/10, 11:19 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Blue Notch
Ha!!
the things people do to be #39000.

plus I talk to myself constantly too
Old 5/14/10, 11:20 PM

Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
Hey, we've reached the 1950s!
Old 5/14/10, 11:22 PM
Post *****

Ok just started Crazy Heart on the DVD.

I'm hearin' some acoustic blues slide/blues rhythm callin' my name.....

Gawd I love good blues!

Last edited by cdynaco; 5/15/10 at 02:07 AM.
Old 5/14/10, 11:53 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
So Nate & I were out for a cruise after floor hockey tonight this Mustang & I kinda of played a bit then I let this anxioux truck get in front of me then at the next light they both let it RIP & a vehicle coming the opposite way stopped dead on came the red & blue lights he pulled up to the Mustang told him to wait there then went about two blocks & nailed the truck we buggered off outta there! racing HUGE fine undue care and attention speeding and points on lic gotta be close to $1,000.00 each.
then we went to look at this cruise ship to hide out .
Attached Thumbnails Mustangs Coast to Coast-cruise-b1.jpg  
Old 5/15/10, 12:04 AM

Sounds like you got lucky Ed!
Old 5/15/10, 02:37 AM
Post *****

Wow. Sweet movie. Tough movie. (short movie) Been around a few people like that in the music world. Never could join em. Didn't want to slide into the cesspool just so I could crawl back out. Never understood how so many good songs required (supposedly) that path.
Regardless, Jeff Bridges earned that Best Actor Oscar IMO. He seemed natural for the part. And he learned to play/sing a number of songs. (Thought Colin Farrell played Weary Kind at the end a bit too fast for sincere feeling. IMO)
Whereas Blind Side Best Actress seemed acting the part vs natural all the way thru. IMO

Last edited by cdynaco; 5/15/10 at 03:15 AM.
Old 5/15/10, 03:16 AM
Post *****

ROFL! Jimmy Fallon rocks! Showin' Mick how do to Mick! LOL

Last night had KR on... funny stuff.
Old 5/15/10, 07:08 AM
I will buy Jack Stands!!!

Received 29 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by BoogieNights
You have lots to learn young grasshoppa. Women dont want to hear things like this.
Yeah... That's what I found out.
Originally Posted by edumspeed
Me likey. I want A/Ts for my S-10, but I don't know what size will fit without rubbing. I've searched on the blazer forums, but found nothing
I have A/Ts on my truck for the back right now. They don't grab off road the way I'd like, plus mud tires look way cooler

The S-10 is about the same size as a ranger right? If it is, 235/75/15 would look good on a low offset wheel so they stick out a little
My '83 F150 4x4 250k+ that cain't be kilt!

Notice how the '83 Copper + 27 yrs of sun, looks strikingly close to Raptor Orange!

Sadly the wheels/tires have shrunk with age.
Gary! It's your long lost Raptor's grand daddy!

I'm hearin' some acoustic blues slide/blues rhythm callin' my name.....

Gawd I love good blues!

That's an amazing movie, I watched it a couple weeks ago. I may have posted something in here about it, don't remember. I want the soundtrack!
Old 5/15/10, 08:39 AM
Legacy TMS Member Pr

Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts
Originally Posted by mustangGT90210
Yeah... That's what I found out.

I have A/Ts on my truck for the back right now. They don't grab off road the way I'd like, plus mud tires look way cooler

The S-10 is about the same size as a ranger right? If it is, 235/75/15 would look good on a low offset wheel so they stick out a little

Gary! It's your long lost Raptor's grand daddy!

That's an amazing movie, I watched it a couple weeks ago. I may have posted something in here about it, don't remember. I want the soundtrack!
It currently has 215/75R15s and they still look too thin. 235's sound fair enough. I'm still deciding if I want to lift the body or not, since it will affect the truck's stability at hw speeds. And I don't want that. Plus the bumper brackets need to be cut and re-welded and I'm scared of that. There's so much I still have to plan with this truck, since it will eventually be my DD when I sell the Mazda.
Old 5/15/10, 08:49 AM
I will buy Jack Stands!!!

Received 29 Likes on 16 Posts
Yeah 235s should do you pretty well then.

So after pricing things out here... It's looking like it'll be ~$1200 for new wheels and tires... Still can't decide on the width of the wheel and what not, but now it's time to save

Ultra Rogue 15x8 and $98 per wheel

And 31x10.50x15 BFG M/T KM2's

May stick with the stock wheels too, or go to the junkyard, get some stock steel wheels and paint them black. I don't know

Last edited by mustangGT90210; 5/15/10 at 09:06 AM.
Old 5/15/10, 09:34 AM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
So when is the tour across the U.S. to visit everybody on MCTC so that we can drive a Raptor at least once??
I'll contribute $20 to that fund...that'll get you to....about the louisana border...maybe?

Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs
I quit on 7/7/07...the day I bought Seven.

I do. And gas and diesel should always be cheaper in Texas, I live within 100 miles of 50% of the refining capacity of the US.

That dude is 70 he told me yesterday. He's been selling Fords for 39 years. He has a huge customer base. While I made my deal with the general manager I made sure David got the sales credit. He is definitely old school.

Since the dealer doesn't do loaners anymore, he'll let me use his own dealer demo while my truck is in for the day. He also makes sure everything I have repaired goes to the front of the line.

He's a good guy. He knows I'm not ****ing around when I go look at vehicle.

I always tell him its the last vehicle I'll ever buy, and he just smiles every time.
sounds like a good guy, and what do you expect with that name?

Diesel is between $3.05 and $3.16 here. Gas is $2.80.
2.60 here

Well the wife has been complaining about stomach pain for a few days now and so I made her go into the ER yesterday. Come to find out she has one of the most severe cases of colitis. They admitted her into the hospital and say that she will more than likely be there thru Monday. They have her on morphine and Demeral to ease the pain. They are also treating a chest cold that she has at the same time. She is not allowed to eat or drink till tommorrow at least. I am talking to her as I am writing this. She can be soo stubborn at times.
most women are

my best friend got in a car accident a couple days ago, she's been hurting, and freakin passed out a couple nights ago (though not sure it was related) and she didnt wanna go to the hospital.

I need to go to NH and visit...

Termi.
couldnt have said it any better myself

Originally Posted by mustangGT90210

Hopefully. Apparently the problem came from this statement - "It's just not worth it for me to drive all the way out there, just to have to turn around and bring us back to the school 20 minutes later."

never, I repeat, never ever say that phrase again

Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs
Hey Lee,

I was at the dealer today getting my Sync figured out, when this dirty Blue SGT pulls up. Out rolls this ghetto gang bangin' mexican mafia kid with his wife beater shirt and his hat on sidways. I immediately thought of you.

He did have a nice lookin little latina with him with the shortest shorts I have ever seen.

If these shorts were any shorter, they'd be a g-string. They rolled in and walked passed me and the sales manager as we were having a convo. Anway. Just thought I'd share that.

When I was talking to the sales manager he said that they just returned a 2010 GT500 to its owner yesterday after having it in the shop for a month. The woman that owns it is the high school cheerleader coach, another hottie, and she had pulled out of a parking lot and in her blonde moment drove over a concrete median and her car was sitting on its wheels in the middle of the road. All 4 19" forged GT500 wheels were ruined. More than just a little curb rash. The front fascia was destroyed and the tires were all flat. It took them a month to get the replacement wheels in.
****, that's just funny, stereotypes exist for a reason I suppose

I've been working my butt off getting voting machines ready for an election, I figured I'd take a quick break.

also, here's how **** bad my luck is....my dad found my car, just what I've been looking for, but with a few more miles...and it's at the one **** place I will not buy anything from, the stupid jeep dealer that conned me out of a good bit of money not too long ago. WTF!
Old 5/15/10, 11:47 AM
BoogieNights Studios:
Official Fluffer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Sean I read a review in a diesel magazine about these tires.

The Review and testing
of these tires say that they are a good off road/ all-terrian tire. The only bad thing is that the smallest rim they make them for is a 16" rim not a 15"
Old 5/15/10, 11:58 AM

Stay strong David! Resist the temptation!
Old 5/15/10, 12:07 PM
BoogieNights Studios:
Official Fluffer

Stay strong David! Resist the temptation!
Dont listen to Nathan. He is just jealous.

Anyways, if that is the car that you have been looking for and that is the dealership that conned you out of money before then what I would do is just go look at it and throw out some numbers. If it doesnt sound good to you then just walk.
Old 5/15/10, 12:17 PM
Team Mustang Source

Sounds like you got lucky Ed!
Yah thank Gwad for that rev limiter or Id possible been written up to for only a spin of a tire. right place right time, BUT I will use it as a valuable learning lesson why not to wanna do it again !
Old 5/15/10, 12:36 PM
BoogieNights Studios:
Official Fluffer

Yeah that was a little bit of luck Ed. There are times where if I see a cop at a red light and there is someone that wants to race me I will actually get them going and when the lite turns green they hual azz and I stay still and then they get busted by the cops.
Old 5/15/10, 12:40 PM
BoogieNights Studios:
Official Fluffer

Oh and I got a little bit of an update from the wife on her condition. It hasnt gotten any better and the doctors dont know what it could be so they might have to do a biopsy to see what is wrong. They think it might be a viral infection or the other type of infection. She told me and I forgot what it is called. SO I will keep you guys posted on what is going on. She still is not allowed anything to eat or drink too so that is just going over good with her. They drink a clear liquid diet with her and she just got sick again. So I am hoping for the best.

Just remembered what the doc said and it was bacterial infection. Thats the one I had a brain fart with.

Last edited by BoogieNights; 5/15/10 at 01:10 PM.
Old 5/15/10, 12:47 PM
Team Mustang Source

oh no I sure hope that it gets sorted out fast ! maybe its Mustang Infectious , I have heard that some people become infected and are hooked on the car for ever and others just get sick because they want other.
Old 5/15/10, 12:49 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
We will be praying for the best Dirk. I sincerely hope she gets well fast.

Is leaving your job a possibility to go back to Nevada and be with her. It's sounds pretty bad. Is she all alone there?

Quick Reply: Mustangs Coast to Coast