The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums (https://themustangsource.com/forums/)
-   Hall Of Fame Homepage (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f864/)
-   -   Mustangs Coast to Coast (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f864/mustangs-coast-coast-470224/)

edumspeed 7/28/21 02:46 PM

Originally Posted by 08GTCandyApple (Post 7063092)
:wave:Hi Eduardo!

Went to visit some friends in VA on the lake over the weekend and went to see Toby Keith in concert Saturday night. It was really hot, but the rain held off and he put on a great concert! I still prefer my classic rock and my 80s hair bands, but I do love me some TK :wub:

https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/themust...0bb88a1172.jpg
https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/themust...4657286bc9.jpg

Hi Jill! Looks like you had a blast!

08GTCandyApple 8/4/21 07:12 AM

Originally Posted by edumspeed (Post 7063324)
Hi Jill! Looks like you had a blast!

It was, thanks!

Happy Birthday, Amish Gary :D :bday: :cheers: :cheers: All the best people were born in August!

Mustang Freak 8/4/21 10:54 AM

Originally Posted by 08GTCandyApple
It was, thanks!

Happy Birthday, Amish Gary :D :bday: :cheers: :cheers: All the best people were born in August!

:rofl2: Thanks!!!

m05fastbackGT 8/4/21 12:51 PM

Originally Posted by 08GTCandyApple (Post 7063458)

Actually, I beg to differ.. All the best people were born in July! :rofl2::jester:

Originally Posted by Mustang Freak (Post 7063464)

Happy Belated Birthday Gary! :bday: :cheers: :cheers:

08GTCandyApple 8/4/21 02:45 PM

Originally Posted by Mustang Freak (Post 7063464)

12 more days for me old man! :D So are you making retirement plans yet..............it's not that far off for you!

Originally Posted by m05fastbackGT (Post 7063466)
Actually, I beg to differ.. All the best people were born in July! :rofl2::jester:

:nonono:I beg to differ! It's definitely the August peeps!

m05fastbackGT 8/4/21 04:03 PM

Originally Posted by 08GTCandyApple (Post 7063469)
:nonono:I beg to differ! It's definitely the August peeps!

:poke: Well once again, I beg to differ! It's most definitely the July peeps!

edumspeed 8/4/21 06:11 PM

:drunk2::cheers: Happy birthday Gary! And I agree that the best peeps are born in August :jester:

Mustang Freak 8/4/21 06:55 PM

Thanks guys but I'm retiring only when I die!!! :lee:

m05fastbackGT 8/4/21 09:12 PM

Originally Posted by edumspeed (Post 7063479)
:drunk2::cheers: Happy birthday Gary! And I agree that the best peeps are born in August :jester:

:lol::jester:

Originally Posted by Mustang Freak (Post 7063480)

Age is only a number Gary :heh:

08GTCandyApple 8/5/21 06:48 AM

Originally Posted by edumspeed (Post 7063479)

:nice:

Originally Posted by Mustang Freak (Post 7063480)

We are working on getting our ducks in a row as my hubby plans to retire in a few years. He's much older than me so I, of course, am not near retirement age yet, so I'll still be working. But we bought some property at a lake last year so we can build our retirement home there. Once he retires and we move there, I'll try to find something part time until I can retire too. Oh, and we have to buy a boat too. That's on the agenda for next year. :woot:

Originally Posted by m05fastbackGT (Post 7063486)
:lol::jester:

Age is only a number Gary :heh:

Looks like you are outnumbered by the August peeps!

m05fastbackGT 8/5/21 12:06 PM

:lol:Wow! outnumbered by just two peeps "MeeMaw" Congrats :rofl2::jester:

Mustang Freak 8/5/21 06:46 PM

Yep I still have a ways to go before retirement but it's definitely getting closer. My new job might make me want to stay on a little longer than normal even. Time will tell and of course the circumstances. I don't want to be that person that scrimped and saved only to check out with a heart attack and never enjoy anything. I've seen that happen to several people I've known over the years. :shame:

08GTCandyApple 8/6/21 06:54 AM

Originally Posted by m05fastbackGT (Post 7063506)
:lol:Wow! outnumbered by just two peeps "MeeMaw" Congrats :rofl2::jester:

:woot: A win is a win! I'll take it :rofl2:

Originally Posted by Mustang Freak (Post 7063514)
Yep I still have a ways to go before retirement but it's definitely getting closer. My new job might make me want to stay on a little longer than normal even. Time will tell and of course the circumstances. I don't want to be that person that scrimped and saved only to check out with a heart attack and never enjoy anything. I've seen that happen to several people I've known over the years. :shame:

I hear ya and I keep saying the same thing about being able to enjoy things. A friend of mine retired from the police department and the following year had knee replacement surgery. Really fit guy, always in the gym. Blood clot the day after the surgery killed him. Spend all of those years putting yourself in harms way.....and gone, just like that after surgery :(

My husband is always too worried about his pension not being enough but I think we will be in pretty good shape. We are mortgage free now and have no bills other than the lake property we bought, but that will be paid off in less than a year. We only plan to build the new house for about the same as we can sell our current one for, so we'll still be mortgage free. When it gets a little closer we just need to really need to sit down with the Union hall and figure out his pop-ups and medical. He gets his 35 year service pin this year, so he's got a good amount of credits. But we still have time and anything can happen.

m05fastbackGT 8/6/21 08:15 PM

Originally Posted by 08GTCandyApple (Post 7063522)
:woot: A win is a win! I'll take it :rofl2:

I couldn't agree more, as you earned it.. Yayyyyyy :yup::nice:

edumspeed 8/8/21 03:29 PM

https://themustangsource.com/forums/...3/#post7063553
Adding the new generation to the Mustang family :grin:

Mustang Freak 8/14/21 08:16 AM

2 Attachment(s)
So I couldn't help myself last night I was in my Focus and I went by a wide body Demon Charger waiting to make a left in front of me. So as I went by I revved at him! :rofl2:
I thought both of these were funny also...Attachment 213440Attachment 213441

Jaryd21 8/14/21 11:17 AM

:lol:I need a lawnmower like that

Mustang Freak 11/11/21 04:21 AM

Thank You, Thank You, Thank You to all of our wonderful Veterans and active service men and women out there!!!! Thank you for your service and dedication to keep this the greatest country on earth and to give us the pleasure to drive our ponies! Happy Veterans Day to you all! :flag:

m05fastbackGT 11/25/21 09:09 AM

Happy Thanksgiving everyone, from my family to yours :cheers:

Mustang Freak 12/3/21 05:52 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Who remembers where these came from?
Attachment 213490Attachment 213491