The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums (https://themustangsource.com/forums/)
-   GT (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f850/)
-   -   New 2015 GT (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f850/new-2015-gt-538136/)

tony2014mustang 7/21/15 05:21 PM

New 2015 GT

Picked up my 2015 GT in Magnetic today. I traded in my 2014 V6 for it. I did love my '14, but holy crap what a difference! Effortless power and so much more comfortable than the '14. We were finally able to track one down in Baltimore with no extras besides an automatic. I paid 3k below sticker and they gave me 1k less than what I paid for my '14 (I got my '14 about a year brand new with a 3k rebate and 3k below sticker). I really lucked out with both purchases.

Not sure what I'm going to do to her yet, but I will be installing the JLT oil separator after I finish this. I'm thinking a strut bar and some axelbacks. Any suggestions on axelbacks? The guy at the dealer likes the outlaws. I keep listening to the magnaflows and I think I like them. My V6 was pretty loud, not sure how loud I want to go this time.

I can't wait to take her on my 40 minute commute tomorrow. She is only driven in nice weather, and this next week is going to be beautiful!!!

mustangfan410 7/21/15 05:26 PM

New 2015 GT

Congrats! Post some pics!

tony2014mustang 7/21/15 05:45 PM

Thanks.....I will try tomorrow.

tony2014mustang 7/22/15 04:23 AM

Can someone fill me in on how to download pictures? I'm pretty sure I've looked everywhere.

AMWill 7/22/15 04:18 PM

Originally Posted by tony2014mustang (Post 6937767)
Picked up my 2015 GT in Magnetic today. I traded in my 2014 V6 for it. I did love my '14, but holy crap what a difference! Effortless power and so much more comfortable than the '14. We were finally able to track one down in Baltimore with no extras besides an automatic. I paid 3k below sticker and they gave me 1k less than what I paid for my '14 (I got my '14 about a year brand new with a 3k rebate and 3k below sticker). I really lucked out with both purchases.

Not sure what I'm going to do to her yet, but I will be installing the JLT oil separator after I finish this. I'm thinking a strut bar and some axelbacks. Any suggestions on axelbacks? The guy at the dealer likes the outlaws. I keep listening to the magnaflows and I think I like them. My V6 was pretty loud, not sure how loud I want to go this time.

I can't wait to take her on my 40 minute commute tomorrow. She is only driven in nice weather, and this next week is going to be beautiful!!!

That is awesome Tony,

Congrats! A Mustang is a Mustang and I'm sure you loved the 14' but jumping up to a Coyote S550 is definitely an awesome upgrade and you have a great set of mods ready to go!

Let's see this beauty! I would love to check out a few pics.

Let me know if you ever need anything!

-Will

SilverSkoundrel 7/22/15 04:36 PM

New 2015 GT

Originally Posted by mustangfan410
Congrats! Post some pics!

Right?? No pics?? Haha

tony2014mustang 7/22/15 06:07 PM

1 Attachment(s)
[QUOTE=tony2014mustang;6937767]Picked up my 2015 GT in Magnetic today. I traded in my 2014 V6 for it. I did love my '14, but holy crap what a difference! Effortless power and so much more comfortable than the '14. We were finally able to track one down in Baltimore with no extras besides an automatic. I paid 3k below sticker and they gave me 1k less than what I paid for my '14 (I got my '14 about a year brand new with a 3k rebate and 3k below sticker). I really lucked out with both purchases.

I can't wait to take her on my 40 minute commute tomorrow. She is only driven in nice weather, and this next week is going to be beautiful!!

tony2014mustang 7/22/15 06:08 PM

There she is....my 5 year old named her "Trophy"

tj@steeda 7/22/15 06:50 PM

Congrats!!

If you are ever looking to take it to the next level :) ... Steeda has plenty of options for the 2015 - like this beauty:

https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/themust...41161ea411.jpg

Have fun!!

Best Regards,

TJ

tony2014mustang 7/22/15 06:52 PM

Originally Posted by AMWill (Post 6937935)
That is awesome Tony, Congrats! A Mustang is a Mustang and I'm sure you loved the 14' but jumping up to a Coyote S550 is definitely an awesome upgrade and you have a great set of mods ready to go! Let's see this beauty! I would love to check out a few pics. Let me know if you ever need anything! -Will

Thanks Will! I had my JLT oil separator waiting for her when she arrived on Tuesday. I'm thinking axel backs and a strut tower bar. My '14 had the roush exhaust which I loved, until I did the ford racing x pipe - it ruined the sound for me. I do like the Magnaflow streets, but I'm not sure yet.

tony2014mustang 7/22/15 06:54 PM

Originally Posted by tj@steeda (Post 6937965)
Congrats!! If you are ever looking to take it to the next level :) ... Steeda has plenty of options for the 2015 - like this beauty: Have fun!! Best Regards, TJ

Thanks TJ!
I was looking at this one as well as the Ford Racing one - haven't decided yet.

tony2014mustang 7/22/15 06:59 PM

So, I took her to work today, and all I can say is wow! My V6 was quick, but this GT is FAST! I know I'm not comparing apples to apples, but what a step up in so many ways. Engine response is phenomenal, handing is nice and the car is so comfortable to drive. I love this car!
What kind of exhausts have people done? I'm thinking axelbacks. Any input would be greatly appreciated!

SilverSkoundrel 7/22/15 09:12 PM

New 2015 GT

[quote=tony2014mustang]

Originally Posted by tony2014mustang (Post 6937767)

I can't wait to take her on my 40 minute commute tomorrow. She is only driven in nice weather, and this next week is going to be beautiful!!

Nice!

AMWill 7/23/15 10:56 AM

Originally Posted by tony2014mustang (Post 6937967)
Thanks Will! I had my JLT oil separator waiting for her when she arrived on Tuesday. I'm thinking axel backs and a strut tower bar. My '14 had the roush exhaust which I loved, until I did the ford racing x pipe - it ruined the sound for me. I do like the Magnaflow streets, but I'm not sure yet.

Now that is a man with a plan :grin:

I completely get what you are saying with the Roush. With a stock exhaust they sound great, but as soon as you do more work to the exhaust and or delete the cats, they get very raspy.

Magnaflow is also a great choice. I would recommend spending a few hours on Youtube and at local car shows and see what Exhaust fits your style!

If you're in the area, swing by to #AM2015! You'll hear thousands ;)

-Will