The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums (https://themustangsource.com/forums/)
-   GT (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f850/)
-   -   Gotta have it green (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f850/gotta-have-green-542410/)

YepItsGreen 8/23/16 07:54 PM

Gotta have it green

Do you guys think ford will bring the gotta have it green to s550? IMO I would love a s550 in GHIG

Lime GT 9/10/16 09:29 PM

I'd like another Legend Lime or a Darker shade of Windveil Blue for my next stang.

=HYPERDRIVE= 9/11/16 06:35 AM

Personally would like Ford to make a new green that looks just as nice as Mopar (green with envy, sublime, or the new Green go) I think the metallic and the shade of green Mopar has is way nicer looking then the Fords GTHG.

Stage_3 9/11/16 09:13 AM

I doubt that Ford would make the GHIG in the S550 models. They may, but I don't think so. What they should have done was keep the Competition Orange. Now that color looks KILLER on the S550. :)

Lime GT 9/11/16 10:33 AM

Originally Posted by Stage_3 (Post 6995755)
What they should have done was keep the Competition Orange. Now that color looks KILLER on the S550. :)

I agree with you there.

Cdvision 9/15/16 04:42 PM

Originally Posted by Stage_3 (Post 6995755)
I doubt that Ford would make the GHIG in the S550 models. They may, but I don't think so. What they should have done was keep the Competition Orange. Now that color looks KILLER on the S550. :)

I love the way my wife's GHiG convertible looks when I have my sunglasses on. I always wish it was a touch darker.

Stage_3 9/15/16 06:10 PM

Originally Posted by Cdvision (Post 6996170)
I love the way my wife's GHiG convertible looks when I have my sunglasses on. I always wish it was a touch darker.

Yeah,...I love the way it changes a bit from the way it looks in the garage to in the sunlight. In the garage, it looks like a flat green and in the sun, the gold/yellow metallic flakes just shine and the color pops. :nice:

PTParks 9/20/16 09:15 AM

I would have opted for the GHI Green over the Race Red I ended up buying had it been available.

Stage_3 9/20/16 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by PTParks (Post 6996589)
I would have opted for the GHI Green over the Race Red I ended up buying had it been available.

Race Red looks killer on the S550 Mustangs.

YepItsGreen 9/20/16 04:29 PM

Anybody have an guesstimate to have my 15 painted GHIG would be over 8000 even 10000?

PTParks 9/20/16 07:12 PM

I'd go with a professional wrap. Paint protection plus you can always go back to original color!!

YepItsGreen 9/20/16 07:27 PM

Originally Posted by PTParks
I'd go with a professional wrap. Paint protection plus you can always go back to original color!!

I need to look into a wrap will a wrap match the paint?

laserred38 9/20/16 07:47 PM

Originally Posted by YepItsGreen
I need to look into a wrap will a wrap match the paint?

They make vinyl in literally any color these days. There's a few green wrapped S550s running around on Instagram, one or two that are pretty close to GHIG. Let me see if I can get a pic for you.

Another option would be Autoflex - the high end version of plastidip. It's pretty much as glossy as paint, still removable, and you can even buff/wax it!

Stage_3 9/21/16 02:51 PM

Originally Posted by PTParks (Post 6996667)

^^This!!!
A wrap is WAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYY less expensive than painting the car GHIG. Plus, you get to go back to original if you wanted to.
Don't forget, you're paying for labor and paint. Both are VERY expensive. Your car would probably be in the shop for a week or 2 as well if you are going to paint. Assembly and disassembly of all panels, sanding, wet sanding, etc. It adds up bro.

laserred38 9/23/16 12:45 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Found some pics. It's close, but a little lighter...

YepItsGreen 9/23/16 01:35 PM

Looks pretty close I'm gonna call around. Anybody recommend any shop in Huntsville AL?

Stage_3 9/23/16 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by laserred38 (Post 6996911)
Found some pics. It's close, but a little lighter...

Mannnnnnnnnnn,......that looks pretty good, minus that stupid looking wide body kit of source! I'm digging it!

YepItsGreen 9/23/16 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by Stage_3
Mannnnnnnnnnn,......that looks pretty good, minus that stupid looking wide body kit of source! I'm digging it!

I've never been a fan of wide body kit it's just doesn't look right

=HYPERDRIVE= 9/23/16 06:28 PM

That wide body kit is terrible...

Mustang Freak 9/23/16 08:47 PM

Originally Posted by Stage_3

Originally Posted by YepItsGreen
I've never been a fan of wide body kit it's just doesn't look right

Originally Posted by =HYPERDRIVE=
That wide body kit is terrible...

:agree: :shame: