The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums (https://themustangsource.com/forums/)
-   GT (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f850/)
-   -   Engine cover plastic caps (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f850/engine-cover-plastic-caps-546794/)

Rpinaiii 4/25/19 09:56 AM

Engine cover plastic caps
 
Hi, simple question, i can not find online anywhere. What is the name or part # for those two engine cover plastic caps that you remove to get to the bolts on the engine cover to remove the engine cover? I broke mine, cheap plastic lol. thanks for your help.

Gravydog316 4/25/19 11:31 AM


Originally Posted by Rpinaiii
Hi, simple question, i can not find online anywhere. What is the name or part # for those two engine cover plastic caps that you remove to get to the bolts on the engine cover to remove the engine cover? I broke mine, cheap plastic lol. thanks for your help.

just engine cover trim cap (?)

Rpinaiii 4/25/19 12:26 PM


Originally Posted by Gravydog316 (Post 7040962)
just engine cover trim cap (?)

I looked up that type of name too..SMH but thanks

Gravydog316 4/26/19 02:20 AM


Originally Posted by Rpinaiii
I looked up that type of name too..SMH but thanks

Try asking a body shop or salvage yard

Rpinaiii 4/26/19 08:02 AM


Originally Posted by Gravydog316 (Post 7040982)
Try asking a body shop or salvage yard

I'll most likely just ask the dealership, but not trying to pay an arm an leg for two cheap plastic caps lol

roger blose 4/26/19 01:30 PM

New covers
 
I recently had to buy two caps for $8 each at the dealer. Now I know how to remove tem without breaking the tabs!

Rpinaiii 4/26/19 03:01 PM


Originally Posted by roger blose (Post 7041002)
I recently had to buy two caps for $8 each at the dealer. Now I know how to remove tem without breaking the tabs!

thanks, do you have the part # or name on the receipt when you purchased them?

Rpinaiii 5/22/19 09:19 AM

in case any one interested if you also break the engine cap bolt - here is part # Engine Cover Cap - Ford (JR3Z-6A946-A)


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:30 PM.


© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands