GT

Best Cold air intakes

Search this Thread

Old 3/17/17, 02:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Mr. V
I think steeda is well built but I regret mine. It's beautiful and sounds great but I feel let down by the brand. I'm considering taking mine off and selling it.
I'm curious what you mean - sounds like the product was OK but support / service didn't work out?
Old 3/17/17, 03:00 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 52 Likes on 47 Posts
Originally Posted by Spaeth05
I'm curious what you mean - sounds like the product was OK but support / service didn't work out?
You will have no problem with the Steeda CAI or the brand itself.

We have been in business for over 30 years & have worked closely with Ford Motor Company throughout those years & that is not by accident - that is because of our commitment to quality & customer service.

If you ever need help with anything - we are a phone call away at 1800 950 0774.

Mr. V - I apologize that you feel that away about the brand.

Best Regards,

TJ
Old 3/17/17, 06:56 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by Spaeth05
I purchased a cai, tune, and tuner. It was good at first. Then my oil life monitor and tpms stopped working. I brought it up in the forum. Tj said he would have someone contact me. No one ever did. When I brought it up he said that his tune department said they could help me. No one ever contacted me. Then he said he'd contact the maker of the tuner they use. He said they would never answer him and that I needed to calm them. I bought the unit from steeda not the manufacturer. I find it hard to believe that the manufacturer they do business with won't answer them. So basically I was told good luck on your own.
The following users liked this post:
BullittFL (5/30/17)
Old 3/17/17, 09:25 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

I purchased a cai, tune, and tuner. It was good at first. Then my oil life monitor and tpms stopped working. I brought it up in the forum. Tj said he would have someone contact me. No one ever did. When I brought it up he said that his tune department said they could help me. No one ever contacted me. Then he said he'd contact the maker of the tuner they use. He said they would never answer him and that I needed to calm them. I bought the unit from steeda not the manufacturer. I find it hard to believe that the manufacturer they do business with won't answer them. So basically I was told good luck on your own.
Mr. V - you are totally taking what happen out of context.

You said you had an issue - I spoke to my tuners and they said it was not a Steeda tune issue.

Yes, I sent multiple emails to SCT and even looked on tech support for you and I did not get a response back.

I asked that that you follow up with SCT directly since they would need to trouble shoot it. It would be very difficult and time consuming for Steeda to ask a question ... get a response ... then ask you to try it ... then if you had more questions to go back to SCT.

When you purchase items from Besy Buy ... like I did my computer. There was a point were I had issues and needed to call the manufacturer to get it resolved vs Best Buy. It was handled by the manufacturer even though I purchased through B.B

Did You ever call SCT? If you did not and we can't help you, I don't know what more we can do.

I gave you the exact feedback from our tuner on the forum ... that was there response. Also, you never provided me with your contact info. Send me your phone number and I'll have Matt call you let him explain. We can set an appointment up on Monday to close the loop.

Last edited by tj@steeda; 3/18/17 at 08:17 AM.
Old 3/18/17, 10:11 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by tj@steeda
Mr. V - you are totally taking what happen out of context.

You said you had an issue - I spoke to my tuners and they said it was not a Steeda tune issue.

Yes, I sent multiple emails to SCT and even looked on tech support for you and I did not get a response back.

I asked that that you follow up with SCT directly since they would need to trouble shoot it. It would be very difficult and time consuming for Steeda to ask a question ... get a response ... then ask you to try it ... then if you had more questions to go back to SCT.

When you purchase items from Besy Buy ... like I did my computer. There was a point were I had issues and needed to call the manufacturer to get it resolved vs Best Buy. It was handled by the manufacturer even though I purchased through B.B

Did You ever call SCT? If you did not and we can't help you, I don't know what more we can do.

I gave you the exact feedback from our tuner on the forum ... that was there response. Also, you never provided me with your contact info. Send me your phone number and I'll have Matt call you let him explain. We can set an appointment up on Monday to close the loop.
I guess we can do this paragraph by paragraph. Context does not relate to performance. You failed to complete the actions you said you would perform. Context can not change that.

I tried contacting SCT. They had me try to update my firmware. No difference.

If Best Buy sells you a product, they will most assuredly help you in location, if you purchased their warranty. Are you inferring that I didn't spend enough with Steeda to warrant your additional assistance?

You had my information from the numerous messages I had sent you including my questions about the tuner post purchase. When I just received it, you had a tuner contact me and help me with the parameters of the install.

What's the point of contacting me now? So you can discuss how good your service is when I'm buying but not after I've finished purchasing everything? Check my signature. My entire car is Steeda except for my shocks and sways. I love how all of it works except this tune. I want to say nice things about it when I post but all I can do is feel cheated by my last purchase. I don't need a call. Thank you but it's too late for that.
BullittFL (5/30/17)
Old 3/18/17, 02:33 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

I guess we can do this paragraph by paragraph. Context does not relate to performance. You failed to complete the actions you said you would perform. Context can not change that.

I tried contacting SCT. They had me try to update my firmware. No difference.

If Best Buy sells you a product, they will most assuredly help you in location, if you purchased their warranty. Are you inferring that I didn't spend enough with Steeda to warrant your additional assistance?

You had my information from the numerous messages I had sent you including my questions about the tuner post purchase. When I just received it, you had a tuner contact me and help me with the parameters of the install.

What's the point of contacting me now? So you can discuss how good your service is when I'm buying but not after I've finished purchasing everything? Check my signature. My entire car is Steeda except for my shocks and sways. I love how all of it works except this tune. I want to say nice things about it when I post but all I can do is feel cheated by my last purchase. I don't need a call. Thank you but it's too late for that.
Hello Mr. V,

I spoke to the lead tuner - he gave me the answer he would have given you over the phone - since we were communicating through the forums, I gave you his response - that is what you asked me to do.

Yes, we are helping you but as stated, this does not have anything to do with how the tune was written:

Per our tuners that have been in the business of tuning cars for many years:

"That is a question for SCT. I have never heard of or seen that. We do not change anything that COULD even effect that."

Whether you spend $.01 or $1000 with Steeda ... we will do what we can to help but as stated above, there is nothing more our tuning dept. can offer in terms of why you are having issues with your oil life.

Additionally, I delete my inbox to allow for new messages from members - I don't have your info on file & I speak with many customers across the boards, including Facebook so I apologize if this was not saved - please resend & I can have James, Mike D. or Matt call you to discuss the aforementioned.

You stated your tune is not working - previously, it was an oil gauge issue ... has that changed?

The firmware update is why you needed to contact SCT to discuss & let them know what make & model you had ... I wasn't trying to pass the buck, but we don't offer the updates that SCT does.

Have you tried contacting Ford - this thread here shows the same issue:

https://themustangsource.com/forums/...easing-533024/

http://www.allfordmustangs.com/forum...uck-100-a.html

Best Regards,

TJ
Old 3/25/17, 08:53 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I am going to go with the Ford racing power pack 2. It comes with the same CAI from the GT350, an 85mm throttle body and and tune done by Ford. The best part is when you have a Ford dealer install it for you, it is warranty approved. Which is a big deal for me. The gains seem pretty good.
BullittFL (5/30/17)
Old 3/26/17, 09:42 PM
Cobra R Member

Hello Mr. V,

I spoke to the lead tuner - he gave me the answer he would have given you over the phone - since we were communicating through the forums, I gave you his response - that is what you asked me to do.

Yes, we are helping you but as stated, this does not have anything to do with how the tune was written:

"That is a question for SCT. I have never heard of or seen that. We do not change anything that COULD even effect that."

Whether you spend $.01 or $1000 with Steeda ... we will do what we can to help but as stated above, there is nothing more our tuning dept. can offer in terms of why you are having issues with your oil life.

Additionally, I delete my inbox to allow for new messages from members - I don't have your info on file & I speak with many customers across the boards, including Facebook so I apologize if this was not saved - please resend & I can have James, Mike D. or Matt call you to discuss the aforementioned.

You stated your tune is not working - previously, it was an oil gauge issue ... has that changed?

The firmware update is why you needed to contact SCT to discuss & let them know what make & model you had ... I wasn't trying to pass the buck, but we don't offer the updates that SCT does.

Best Regards,

TJ
Yes, my tune wasn't working. I'm done with it. I've gone back to stock, pulled my cai. Really just disappointed now. I really love Steeda stuff. Now I just feel like I spent my money with the wrong company.
Old 8/11/18, 12:57 AM

Yes, my tune wasn't working. I'm done with it. I've gone back to stock, pulled my cai. Really just disappointed now. I really love Steeda stuff. Now I just feel like I spent my money with the wrong company.
Dude he was obviously trying to explain to you what you needed to do. You are the one blowing him off. You sound like someone that's trying to get something for free. Grow up. Some things don't work perfectly. Sometimes you hit a roadblock. Clearly TJ was trying to help you resolve the issue. You gave up. Now you place the blame on Steeda. You must be a millennial.
Old 8/11/18, 12:58 AM

Hello Mr. V,

Best Regards,

TJ
Is the deal for the intake and tune still going? I would like to know the details.
Old 8/11/18, 07:03 AM
EF1
Mach 1 Member

Received 132 Likes on 118 Posts
Steeda periodically has parts they manufacture on sale. Check their website often or get on their mailing list. Sales typically coincide with holidays. Look for a labor day sale coming up.
Old 8/11/18, 03:30 PM

Originally Posted by EF1
Steeda periodically has parts they manufacture on sale. Check their website often or get on their mailing list. Sales typically coincide with holidays. Look for a labor day sale coming up.
Sweet thanks man!
Old 8/12/18, 05:03 AM
V6 Member

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by tony2014mustang
I've heard so many different things regarding intakes; if you're not tuning your car then they are not beneficial at all. Several people have told me to just do the k and n filter. This would let it breath better because the standard intake is already pretty good. Anyone chime in?
I read that unless tuning it's not a huge difference. I just got a K&N panel filter replacement. I can't tell the difference but I'm sure it will allow it to breath better.
Old 8/12/18, 09:32 AM
EF1
Mach 1 Member

Received 132 Likes on 118 Posts
The stock air box is pretty good and a CAI by itself is not enough gain to notice on these cars. When doing both, the tune is responsible for more of the gain than the CAI, but you get more running both than either by itself.
Old 4/30/22, 08:29 AM

can never go wrong with Roush... now I know the CAI from roush is different from the 15-17 to the 18-21 cars as mine is an enclosed box instead of the open box on the 15-17 ....but Roush is Roush and they have quality built products that dont fail and they have been in the mustang game for a very long time ... I have the roush CAI with the insert removed with a Bama 93 tune and my car runs amazing