V6

Fitting rouche air filter/intake on 2016 v6.

Search this Thread

Old 6/24/22, 09:07 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Fitting rouche air filter/intake on 2016 v6.

Hi folks. I'm new here on the forum. I have a 2016 v6 and am thinking of upgrading intake system to a Roush. Can anyone tell me what this entails. I'm pretty good mechanically. I see the systems for about $450. Is this worth doing. Does it involve having computer reset and will I get better performance and mpg ?

Last edited by Oliverm; 6/24/22 at 08:50 PM.
Old 6/24/22, 02:22 PM
SUPERCHARGED RED ROCKET ------------------Master-Moderator

Received 2,236 Likes on 1,786 Posts
If the Roush intake includes an intake tube insert which reduces the MAF tube housing to OEM stock? No computer reset is required.. If your interested in the Roush intake system, I would recommend contacting the vendor/merchant you intend on purchasing the intake system from to verify it's fully compatible for your particular application.. Meanwhile, welcome aboard.
Old 6/28/22, 05:20 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 1,578 Likes on 1,082 Posts
If the kit is designed and made for your car, then installation is super simple; just follow the directions. However, I am not sure if Roush makes an intake for that car/engine; and the V8 intake is not going to work without a lot of modifications.

Also follow the instructions regarding a tune -- if they say it needs a tune, then it needs a tune; it is not optional. In the past Roush did offer intakes with a removable insert to make them compatible with the factory tune, or you could remove the insert for a little more performance but a "custom" tune is required.

Bottom line: look at the information that comes with the product and follow the instructions. If you could post a link to the one you are talking about, we could comment more specifically, based on what it says.

Old 6/28/22, 08:49 AM

The Roush has a reducer sleeve for the the pipe that fits the MAF so shouldn't need a retune unless you go for a bigger MAF and leave out the sleeve.

It should work ok.
The following users liked this post:
Bert (6/28/22)
Old 6/28/22, 09:41 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 1,578 Likes on 1,082 Posts
yep, looks like that should work, and installation should be pretty easy .... I assume they include instructions with the kit, but even if they don't, you can probably figure it out by looking at it

the screen shot does not say if it requires a tune, so just make sure you pay attention to that part
Old 6/28/22, 01:35 PM

Thanks for the advice.
I contacted the seller and they assured me it didn't need a retune if I used the reducer sleeve.
I've had the Mustang for 4 years now. I decided to hang on to it since it hasn't done many miles and I really love it. Anyway I'm looking to do a few things to it. I wasn't sure where to start so I'm thinking of the roush kit. I'd also like a slightly louder exhaust so I'm looking into that although I'm a bit confused about what to get. Hence I'm on this forum looking for advice.
Old 6/29/22, 04:08 PM
SUPERCHARGED RED ROCKET ------------------Master-Moderator

Received 2,236 Likes on 1,786 Posts
Originally Posted by Bert
If the kit is designed and made for your car, then installation is super simple; just follow the directions. However, I am not sure if Roush makes an intake for that car/engine; and the V8 intake is not going to work without a lot of modifications.

Also follow the instructions regarding a tune -- if they say it needs a tune, then it needs a tune; it is not optional. In the past Roush did offer intakes with a removable insert to make them compatible with the factory tune, or you could remove the insert for a little more performance but a "custom" tune is required.

Bottom line: look at the information that comes with the product and follow the instructions. If you could post a link to the one you are talking about, we could comment more specifically, based on what it says.
It appears that Roush does in fact design a CAI specifically for the OP's 2016 V6 with included non-tune insert reducer..

Originally Posted by Oliverm
The Roush has a reducer sleeve for the the pipe that fits the MAF so shouldn't need a retune unless you go for a bigger MAF and leave out the sleeve.

It should work ok.
Just as previously mentioned from the very start

Originally Posted by m05fastbackGT
If the Roush intake includes an intake tube insert which reduces the MAF tube housing to OEM stock? No computer reset is required.. If your interested in the Roush intake system, I would recommend contacting the vendor/merchant you intend on purchasing the intake system from to verify it's fully compatible for your particular application..
Therefore, It will most definitely work, as it's designed specifically for your vehicle..

Originally Posted by Bert
yep, looks like that should work, and installation should be pretty easy .... I assume they include instructions with the kit, but even if they don't, you can probably figure it out by looking at it

the screen shot does not say if it requires a tune, so just make sure you pay attention to that part
Once again! As previously mentioned

Originally Posted by m05fastbackGT
If the Roush intake includes an intake tube insert which reduces the MAF tube housing to OEM stock? No computer reset is required..
Originally Posted by Oliverm

Thanks for the advice.
I contacted the seller and they assured me it didn't need a retune if I used the reducer sleeve.
I've had the Mustang for 4 years now. I decided to hang on to it since it hasn't done many miles and I really love it. Anyway I'm looking to do a few things to it. I wasn't sure where to start so I'm thinking of the roush kit. I'd also like a slightly louder exhaust so I'm looking into that although I'm a bit confused about what to get. Hence I'm on this forum looking for advice.
Glad you found the advice provided as helpful!

Last edited by m05fastbackGT; 6/29/22 at 05:11 PM.