The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums (https://themustangsource.com/forums/)
-   Oxford White (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f845/)
-   -   Am I The Only one (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f845/am-i-only-one-536055/)

Noblesteed 3/11/15 03:19 PM

Am I The Only one

Does anybody else think oxford white is the best looking either way I ordered mine back in January 21 so I'll post a few picks to show off once it reaches me

Oxford white: gt premium 401a with redline premier trim leather seats auto Trans with 3.55 gears

houtex 3/11/15 07:19 PM

For white, it is the second best, for Toyota Super White II is the bomb. It is the whitest white ever.

I mean... Look at this Sienna:

http://bloximages.chicago2.vip.townn...4e04.image.jpg

That is sexy, and it's a freakin' *Sienna*. That's how awesome Super White II is.

But indeed, Oxford White is beautiful, the best evar Ford white, with its just slightly blue tinge to it, and I painted Muskrat that color for that reason.

And though I do like Awesome in her Performance White just fine... Oxford or Super II is what I'd really like to see her in. That tannish tinge is... not optimal.

Grats to ya on your new ride! Pics when ya get it! :photo:

bob 5/1/15 06:05 PM

I almost went in for a white coupe with the performance pack. The combination of white car and black wheels looks very good.

2k7gtcs 5/2/15 12:11 AM

Yes you are the only one :p

TripleBlack14 5/2/15 04:47 AM

Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs (Post 6922702)
Yes you are the only one :p

My heart belongs to Wimbledon White. That should have been left on Ford's palette permanently. It's the iconic Mustang color. I had a Dodge Magnum as a company car about 10 years ago in Vanilla White and it was the closest I've seen to WW.

Getportfolio 5/2/15 09:39 PM

I'm rather fond of performance white.

=HYPERDRIVE= 5/2/15 09:51 PM

I like pearl white colors myself, tho waxing white cars is pain, hard to see the coverage and later harder to see any spots that you might of missed buffing.

CCTking 5/2/15 10:40 PM

Oxford is slightly ahead of performance white simply for the fact is a crisper cleaner white. I love my PW dont get me wrong but in some lighting it looks an almost creamy color as compared to actual white.
But i had a black mustang (02) before and i loved it but it was such a PITA to keep clean. At least white is a little better

TripleBlack14 5/3/15 05:40 AM

Originally Posted by =HYPERDRIVE= (Post 6922860)
I like pearl white colors myself, tho waxing white cars is pain, hard to see the coverage and later harder to see any spots that you might of missed buffing.

You'll get no sympathy from me. I wax a black Mustang in a tight garage, and after each section I pull it outside to correct missed spots, pull it back in and start that process all over again.

908ssp 8/1/15 07:49 PM

1 Attachment(s)
White...hate the black wheels couldn't sell them fast enough.

Attachment 187318

Mustm26 8/2/15 12:49 PM

Nice wheels. Silver hides the brake dust, etc. That's one reason mine has the foundry black, actually gray 18" wheels on my white GT. Put a good coat of wax on your silvers to keep the dust from sticking. Works with mine.

RubyRedMCA_Beast 8/5/15 08:05 PM

I'm picking up an Oxford White Ecoboost Performance Pack on Monday.

Giddyup!

908ssp 8/19/15 06:15 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Attachment 187156

Department of Boost Supercharger kit.

Attachment 187157

Attachment 187158

pretender 8/20/15 02:34 PM

Sweet looking - but I'm in love with RACE RED!

JJJTMC 8/24/15 03:39 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Bought mine yesterday.

401A
Auto 6-speed
20" Foundry Wheels
Voice NAV

RubyRedMCA_Beast 8/26/15 04:37 PM

https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/themust...3aebede7d7.jpg

Picked her up a couple weeks ago!

pretender 8/27/15 07:54 AM

It is a beautiful car!

HoosierDaddy 12/26/15 08:29 AM

Anyone with pics of a '16 Oxford White PP with the silver version of the PP wheels? Ordering soon and that combo is in my final 3 most likely.

I know this forum is under "2015 by color" but since there isn't a "2016 by color" thought maybe somebody forgot to change the title when the '16s came out.

bob 12/27/15 06:40 AM

Originally Posted by HoosierDaddy (Post 6959297)
Anyone with pics of a '16 Oxford White PP with the silver version of the PP wheels? Ordering soon and that combo is in my final 3 most likely.

I know this forum is under "2015 by color" but since there isn't a "2016 by color" thought maybe somebody forgot to change the title when the '16s came out.

Have you been to the Configurator at Ford.com and built an OW GTPP with the silver wheels?

HoosierDaddy 12/27/15 07:52 AM

Originally Posted by bob (Post 6959395)
Have you been to the Configurator at Ford.com and built an OW GTPP with the silver wheels?

No, but unless its different than the "build your own" its a simulation and I want to see a real car that way. I did some sort of different simulator at Ford.com years ago and the paint was not even close to real life because for metallics they used the same "effect" for all when in real life the metallic aspect varies by color quite a bit. I will go check it out though.

update: I can't find that other configurator. So if you are talking about something different than the "build your own", do you have a link?

If you are talking about Build Your Own, I still want to see a REAL car.