The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums (https://themustangsource.com/forums/)
-   Magnetic (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f842/)
-   -   My new Daily Driver (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f842/my-new-daily-driver-537455/)

crummyarchitect 6/2/15 07:05 PM

My new Daily Driver

5 Attachment(s)
Like the title states this is my Daily Driver, so this build isn’t going to be too crazy. I just picked it up last week (before Memorial Day weekend).

I’m upgrading from a 2006 GT that was also my daily driver, and I had customized the crap out of it - nothing in the way of performance with the exception of Roush axle back exhaust, but tons of visual stuff. I grew quite attached and really debated about getting rid of it. It was black, and it was a PITA to keep clean (because it sat outside all the time) but boy did it look good when it was. But the S550 just kept catching my eye, and I thought I would end up waiting until the 2016s so I could order exactly what I wanted. I was deadest on getting another black one, but I was really diggin’ Magnetic. Well I got myself in a financial situation where I could actually afford one, and didn’t really want to be buying a new Mustang right before Winter (here in Missouri they can be mild or brutal). And I was paying attention to dealer’s inventory and noticing a lot of them with rebates, and that was making it very tempting to push ahead with getting one. So I went into my local Ford dealer just to see if they could find one that was exactly what I was looking for: GT Premium, manual, w/ Performance Pack & 401A, in Magnetic w/ ebony interior. Not too specific right? Since the 2015s could no longer be ordered I knew the likeliness of this was gonna be tough - took them about 10 minutes to find one – and I do mean ONE. And so here it is the day after I picked it up. Got all the options I wanted plus it has the back-up assist.
Attachment 187883

Anyway I got all the options I wanted on it so I wouldn’t have to dump too much money in it, but I still want to customize it. The front grille will eventually be replaced with the RTR grille when it becomes available.

Everyone was having Memorial Day sales so I got my first real mods on the way, picked up the Gibson cat-back system with black tips. Also picked up the Redline hood struts which were on sale; it amazes me Ford still puts a prop rod on a $40,000 car!

Installed Gibson Catback exhaust with black tips. Fills openings in valance a little more, bigger than stock. Sounds awesome!
Attachment 187884
Installed Redline QuickLift hood system
Attachment 187885
After having it almost 10 days, it stopped raining & finally had time to detail the interior
Attachment 187886

Here's my S197 that I traded in. These are one of the last pics I took of it. I posted it on this site some time back so I thought I should give it one more post in her final form.
Attachment 187887

SpectreH 6/2/15 07:11 PM

Congrats on the new ride!

mustangfan410 6/2/15 07:17 PM

My new Daily Driver

Congrats! She looks really nice!

Tony Alonso 6/2/15 08:59 PM

From one Magnetic owner to another, congratulations and enjoy!

PJRManagement 6/2/15 09:45 PM

Excellent, enjoy!

Scarpi 6/3/15 02:41 PM

Very nice new ride! But of course your old ride was also amazing.