The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums (https://themustangsource.com/forums/)
-   Suspension, Brakes, and Tire Tech (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f821/)
-   -   Suspension Upgrade Coming (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f821/suspension-upgrade-coming-546620/)

Serenity2011GTCS 3/1/19 12:39 PM

Suspension Upgrade Coming

New to the forum but have been a "stalker" for the past three years :)

I plan on upgrading the shocks/struts and springs on my 2011 GT/CS vert this spring. I think I have decided on going with the Steeda Sport springs (convertible) and Pro-Action shocks and struts. I was also considering the Eibach Pro Kit with Koni oranges. I'm looking to firm up the ride and drop it an inch or so and I've read good things about the Steeda parts. Here's the question I keep getting different answers on: Since I'll be removing the struts I figured I would replace the crappy stock strut mounts and don't want to spend approx $300 on CC plates. I'd like to use the GT500 mounts and I believe if I choose those mounts I would then have to use the struts for 05-10. Is this correct?

759Rider 3/1/19 01:30 PM

Originally Posted by Serenity2011GTCS (Post 7039278)

I plan on upgrading the shocks/struts and springs on my 2011 GT/CS vert this spring. I think I have decided on going with the Steeda Sport springs (convertible) and Pro-Action shocks and struts. I was also considering the Eibach Pro Kit with Koni oranges. I'm looking to firm up the ride and drop it an inch or so and I've read good things about the Steeda parts. Here's the question I keep getting different answers on: Since I'll be removing the struts I figured I would replace the crappy stock strut mounts and don't want to spend approx $300 on CC plates. I'd like to use the GT500 mounts and I believe if I choose those mounts I would then have to use the struts for 05-10. Is this correct?

Correct!
Also for a relatively mild drop, you will want to run them in the correct (standard) orientation. Some people with aggressive drops turn them 180 degrees for camber correction.

Serenity2011GTCS 3/4/19 12:11 PM

Originally Posted by 759Rider (Post 7039279)
Correct!
Also for a relatively mild drop, you will want to run them in the correct (standard) orientation. Some people with aggressive drops turn them 180 degrees for camber correction.

Thank you!

EF1 3/4/19 06:54 PM

Originally Posted by Serenity2011GTCS (Post 7039278)

You will like the Steeda Sport springs. I run them with the Koni oranges. The Pro Action shocks were out of stock when I ordered the parts and didn't want to wait. I used the 2011-2014 models with the Steeda camber plates. The set up was exactly what I was looking for. It firmed up the ride without being harsh while greatly reducing brake dive. Steeda usually has sales around the major holidays with their branded parts typically 10-20% off. If you wait you may be able to save enough to get the camber plates instead of the GT500 mounts.

Serenity2011GTCS 3/5/19 06:50 AM

Thanks for the feedback, EF1! Sounds like the ride is want I'm looking for...not too harsh but firm. How much of a drop finally settled in after they were in for a while? Also, good point on the CC plates. Once I decide to pull the trigger on this setup I'll talk to Steeda directly and see if they can offer better pricing. I just missed out on the President's Day Sale...

759Rider 3/5/19 07:50 AM

Don’t forget to budget for a new adjustable Panhard bar while you are there. :-)

Serenity2011GTCS 3/5/19 08:28 AM

Already in the cart :-)

EF1 3/5/19 05:25 PM

Originally Posted by Serenity2011GTCS (Post 7039374)
Thanks for the feedback, EF1! Sounds like the ride is want I'm looking for...not too harsh but firm. How much of a drop finally settled in after they were in for a while? Also, good point on the CC plates. Once I decide to pull the trigger on this setup I'll talk to Steeda directly and see if they can offer better pricing. I just missed out on the President's Day Sale...

I have always gotten better pricing from Steeda by talking with them instead of placing an online order.