The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums (https://themustangsource.com/forums/)
-   Suspension, Brakes, and Tire Tech (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f821/)
-   -   Noisy Front Suspension with Snow Tires on (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f821/noisy-front-suspension-snow-tires-502781/)

kylerohde 12/6/11 09:21 AM

Noisy Front Suspension with Snow Tires on

Hey guys - I've only had my snow tires on for a couple weeks and this is my first time with 'em, so bear with me if I should know this but...

With the snow tires on, the suspension really creaks a lot under moderate to hard braking pressure from maybe 15 MPH down to full stop. It sounds like it's coming from the front only, but I could be wrong. A couple other notes:
  • Tires/wheels are Bridgestone Blizzak LM-60 and Ford Racing '07 GT-500 look wheels, both the factory 18" size
  • Lugs were torqued to 100 lb/ft and have been checked repeatedly since installation
  • Tires are at 32 PSI
  • Temperature has ranged from 25-55 since I've installed them and the noise has happened throughout that range
  • Car has 19,000 miles on it and has about 8,000 miles on the current alignment.
  • Car is bone stock other than the wheels/tires.
Hope somebody has some brilliance! Thanks in advance.

99mstng 12/6/11 02:08 PM

There is a TSB out for clunky control arms sounds like that may be what your issue is. Do a search for info or take it in to the dealer to see what they say.

kylerohde 12/6/11 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by 99mstng (Post 6194872)
There is a TSB out for clunky control arms sounds like that may be what your issue is. Do a search for info or take it in to the dealer to see what they say.

Thanks - I'd thought about that but can't figure out why the snow tires would make the noise suddenly happen. Unless it was more due to the temperature, not the tires.

FordService 12/7/11 11:21 AM

Originally Posted by kylerohde (Post 6194798)
Hey guys - I've only had my snow tires on for a couple weeks and this is my first time with 'em, so bear with me if I should know this but...
With the snow tires on, the suspension really creaks a lot under moderate to hard braking pressure from maybe 15 MPH down to full stop. It sounds like it's coming from the front only, but I could be wrong.

Originally Posted by kylerohde (Post 6194881)
Thanks - I'd thought about that but can't figure out why the snow tires would make the noise suddenly happen. Unless it was more due to the temperature, not the tires.

Definitely have your Ford dealer look at this, kylerohde! If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me.:)

Deysha

kylerohde 12/7/11 11:59 AM

Originally Posted by FordCustomerService (Post 6195400)
Definitely have your Ford dealer look at this, kylerohde! If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me.:)

Deysha

Will do, thanks Deysha!

FordService 12/8/11 11:20 AM

Originally Posted by kylerohde (Post 6195431)
Will do, thanks Deysha!

Awesome! I'll keep a look out for your PM, kylerohde.:)

Deysha