Notices
Suspension, Brakes, and Tire Tech Place to discuss suspension mods for all models

2014 Track Pack Suspension

Search this Thread

Old 6/14/13, 11:47 AM
V6 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2014 Track Pack Suspension

I just got a 2014 GT with Track Pack - does this come with any improved suspension parts or is it the standard GT springs, shocks, and swaybars? I'm thinking of going to the Ford Racing suspension upgrade but don't want to waste money if I don't need to.

thanks
Scott
Old 6/14/13, 12:11 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by ScottV
I just got a 2014 GT with Track Pack - does this come with any improved suspension parts or is it the standard GT springs, shocks, and swaybars? I'm thinking of going to the Ford Racing suspension upgrade but don't want to waste money if I don't need to.

thanks
Scott
Brembos, Torsen diff, Boss oil cooler & radiator & "unique suspension tuning" but no part upgrades IIRC

Last edited by wheelman; 6/14/13 at 12:13 PM.
Old 6/14/13, 12:19 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks
Scott
You should really do a quick search before asking something like this as the question has been asked/answered many times.
The Track Pack suspension is the same as what comes on the Brembo Brake package upgrade. It includes stiffer springs, and different valved shocks/struts. If you are contemplating the FRPP suspension kit, it is a big improvement over what came on the TP cars, and worth it IMHO.
Old 6/14/13, 12:22 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by JScottGT

You should really do a quick search before asking something like this as the question has been asked/answered many times.
The Track Pack suspension is the same as what comes on the Brembo Brake package upgrade. It includes stiffer springs, and different valved shocks/struts. If you are contemplating the FRPP suspension kit, it is a big improvement over what came on the TP cars, and worth it IMHO.
I guess I didn't remember correctly; my bad
Old 6/14/13, 12:31 PM
GTR Member

thanks
Scott
What are you wanting from the car, going to track it?

Unless that is your plan then adding the suspension kit would be a waste. If you just want it lower then just do springs.

I have the Brembo package, same suspension as the Track Pack, and it handles pretty well.
Old 6/14/13, 02:10 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 111 Likes on 101 Posts
I drove a base GT for a week as a rental and found the suspension soft and under damped. I expected the same with my track pack mustang I recently took delivery on but as it turns out that suspension feels great. There is some good info out there on the spring date differences and I will vouch for the track pack setup being much better than the base!!
Old 6/14/13, 02:12 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

I will upgrade to an adjustable setup down the road but that's because I will be tracking the car hard. But for now its quite good!!
Old 6/14/13, 03:04 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I have the Track Pack as well, and the suspension is one of my favorite features of the car! It is quite stiff for a DD, but no where nearly as stiff as the sport suspension BMW I just came out of... Unless I develop a new passion for road course racing, I think the suspension on my car will serve me just perfectly (would be nice if the car was 2" lower- but I like the suspension so much I don't want to risk changing the feel the car currently has)!
Old 6/14/13, 05:53 PM
GT Member

I don't race mine and the track pack suspension is fine as is.
Old 6/14/13, 06:03 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
also the TP/ Brembo suspension has stiffer bushings and control arms
Old 6/14/13, 07:58 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by miner999r
I don't race mine and the track pack suspension is fine as is.
I would agree with this. For a street I ly car the TP suspension is about as stiff as most would want, but still very comfortable in my opinion
Old 6/14/13, 09:46 PM

Recently purchased a 2014 GT with the track pack and it handles very well. Does anyone know of any "additional" items that can be purchased from FFRP that are made for the track pack cars? Items designed to be used with the track pack?
Old 6/15/13, 09:40 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by SVTnSD
Recently purchased a 2014 GT with the track pack and it handles very well. Does anyone know of any "additional" items that can be purchased from FFRP that are made for the track pack cars? Items designed to be used with the track pack?
You can add whatever you want... Not sure I understand what you are looking at? Suspension specifically or anything?
Old 6/15/13, 12:44 PM

thanks
Scott
Click here brembo50.com to see sway bar sizes and spring rates for the different Mustangs.
Old 6/15/13, 01:08 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Great link ^^^

Kinda confirms what I figured at the time of order. If you add the Track Package to a '14 GT, you end up pretty darn close to having a '13 Boss 302 (minus an intake, forged pistons, slightly different springs, and 24hp).

There's only a few things I wish Ford would have added to the package (and would have been more than happy to pay for them). With no '14 Boss to worry about cannibalizing, it would have made the final year of the S197 go out with a bang!
  • GT500 axle back exhaust
  • FRPP Procal Tune (or, imagine the option to push a button to go to Procal- like a "Track Key")
  • Larger rear discs (if for cosmetic only)
The rear discs look ridiculously tiny compared to the Brembos out front... I parked next to a Camaro SS yesterday, and the rear discs looked respectable on that thing (if you could get past the grotesqueness of the body and that silly bowtie looking emblem on the front ).

Of course, its pretty easy to remedy Ford's oversight on items 1&2, and I'm sure I'll figure out how to put larger discs out back someday down the road...

Last edited by Varilux; 6/15/13 at 01:10 PM.
Old 6/15/13, 01:41 PM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by Varilux
I'm sure I'll figure out how to put larger discs out back someday down the road...
Easy fix with a little $$$, there are a few fairly easy rear brake rotor upgrades. Steeda offers a 13" rear rotor upgrade, and Baer Brakes makes a 14" rotor upgrade and a matching rotor set for the Brembos up front.

And of course FRPP now offers a 13-14 GT500 upgrade brake kit for GT's and V6's with 13.8" rear brakes and 15" fronts with 6 piston calipers.
Old 6/15/13, 01:59 PM

Originally Posted by dmichaels
I will upgrade to an adjustable setup down the road but that's because I will be tracking the car hard. But for now its quite good!!
I found my track pack suspension to be firm but harsh and floaty. To me, the rear end of the car kinda swallows under load in turns and doesn't feel stable. I upgraded to an adjustable coil front strut and a coilover rear.

I lowered the car 2 inches. The ride is still firm but not harsh. The suspension soaks up big bumps nicely without bottoming. There is no drama from the back of the car.
Old 6/15/13, 04:06 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
[QUOTE="55r2014;6641273"]

I found my track pack suspension to be firm but harsh and floaty. To me, the rear end of the car kinda swallows under load in turns and doesn't feel stable.

I agree with your description. It's not a bad set up. It just isn't a performance set up. I didn't do a coil over set up like you but I changed the springs and shocks. I'm very happy with my set up.
Old 6/15/13, 04:08 PM

I have the Ford Racing Adj. Suspension on my Track pack '13 GT...
I like it much better than the stock handling.

I found the stock ride too soft for my taste. The car felt too bouncing and airy to me in corners.

The FR suspension pack was exactly what I was looking for. The car handles much better than stock... of course
at the sacrifice of a less cushy ride.

Really a matter of what you are looking for.
Good luck.

Last edited by EL Diablo; 6/15/13 at 04:09 PM.
Old 6/15/13, 04:51 PM
V6 Member

I'm not planning on putting it on the track but am used to My infiniti G37 Coupe that handled like a slot car. I'll put some miles on the new ride and see how it is. I'm wonder if I could just put the FR adjustable sway bars in to cut down on body lean and leave it at that.

Scott

Quick Reply: 2014 Track Pack Suspension