Notices
School Bus Yellow

Louvers

Search this Thread

Old 6/21/12, 10:53 AM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Louvers

Has anyone seen a SBY 302 with quarter window louvers?

I am having a hard time finding web images to see how it looks. I am wondering if they would look cool black instead of yellow to give a contrast. I am pretty sold that they need to be flush but am wondering what they look like on yellow.

I have tried putting them on the new Ford Cusomizer but the colors of the cars are way off.

Also has anyone considered completing the stripes down the front an back bumper? I think the stripes are expensive but thinking it might make it look really nice.

Phil...
Old 6/26/12, 11:00 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by ainterne
Has anyone seen a SBY 302 with quarter window louvers?

I am having a hard time finding web images to see how it looks. I am wondering if they would look cool black instead of yellow to give a contrast. I am pretty sold that they need to be flush but am wondering what they look like on yellow.

I have tried putting them on the new Ford Cusomizer but the colors of the cars are way off.

Also has anyone considered completing the stripes down the front an back bumper? I think the stripes are expensive but thinking it might make it look really nice.

Phil...
I am getting painted black Louvers for my GTHIG. both SBY and GTHIG need the black to offset the bright colors IMO. I did the car on the customizer and photo shopped the black on.
Old 6/28/12, 05:35 AM
V6 Member

I think you are right, the contrast is need and they should be black... I did the same as you with photoshop. I have looked at this in depth and it seems to get the flush louvers it does take some serious work to get it right and there is much that can go wrong.
So I am stuck on what to do. For $500+ I am thinking would it be just better to invest in to a new cold air intake and tune and or better axle back exhaust with bassier exhaust.
Choices, Choices.....ahhhhhh....
Old 4/4/19, 08:21 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Smile

Changed spoiler for LS Spoiler, satin black window louvers and 20" Foose Outcase wheels..

Old topic I know .. but I made these changes to mine a couple weeks after I bought it …