Notices
Deep Impact Blue

2013 MUSTANG GT , I finished my mods.... yeah right

Search this Thread

Old 5/6/14, 12:21 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Plim
What I meant is this: grind away the outer edge (only about 4 - 5 mm) of the back side of the cap. Make sure you only grind the white plastic. Underneath it looks like there is double sided sticky tape and then the acrylic layer with the pony. Should you accidentally touch any of the acrylic, .... which I did, you can fix it with some black touch up paint (I happened to have Tuxedo Black). On the clear side you can't see the difference. The metal ring, needs to be bent outwards (first remove). And the lips that hold the center cap in place can be bent outwards also a little. When that is done, the center cap sits flush, just like the AMR cap. It just looks nicer, than the AMR cap.
Nice work! Thanks!
Old 5/12/14, 10:19 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Today, I took my car to the tire shop for the third time! Freeway driving kept giving me a very light vibration. Now after the fourth attempt at rebalancing, it looks like it finally worked (first attempt was by American Muscle). They finally did a force balance?

Rear wheels needed 4.5 ounces on the outside and another 1.5 ounces on the inside of the wheel! I'm not sure if I want to keep these wheels. When I need to replace my tires, same thing is going to happen. Or am I just **** about this, and was the tire shop just doing a bad job?
On the other hand: it is possible to balance them, it just takes a lot of effort. And I really love the design of this wheel.
I was advised to stick with quality, but I went cheap...... If I only had..... Those Avant Gardes M310 were not much more expensive.
Old 5/20/14, 07:16 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Never go cheap.
Old 5/20/14, 09:42 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Stevedotmil
Never go cheap.
Yes , cheap was an expensive lesson.
Old 5/20/14, 01:19 PM
Bullitt Member

awesome!!!!
Old 5/25/14, 05:42 PM
Bullitt Member

Yes , cheap was an expensive lesson.

Turns out, it was not an expensive lesson. The team at American Muscle, was very customer friendly and decided to fully refund me (and more than that). And today I replaced my wheels with the original wheels again. I don't want to risk damaging the wheels that need to be returned.
Now waiting on my newly ordered TSW gun metal (mirror cut face) wheels to arrive. I'll have to take them to a tire shop, together with the AMR wheels and swap the tires and TPMS sensors. Although the lesson was not too expensive. it was frustrating and I also ended up spending more money than I originally budgeted. But I am going to be driving on more higher end wheels....

Really looking forward to this. And if everything goes as planned and discussed with the customer service manager, then American Muscle has some seriously great customer service!

Driving on my original tires made me aware again of how much more traction I got out of the Mickey Thompson's! Of course the tires are much, much wider. And they also stick out further to the edges of the car, but the difference is just huge!
Old 5/26/14, 04:04 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

It's good to hear that you were taken care of.
Old 6/2/14, 08:07 PM
Bullitt Member

My new TSW Nurburgrings.
Attached Thumbnails 2013 MUSTANG GT ,              I finished my mods.... yeah right-image-1933692089.jpg   2013 MUSTANG GT ,              I finished my mods.... yeah right-image-1938514376.jpg  

Last edited by Plim; 6/2/14 at 08:18 PM.
Old 6/2/14, 11:47 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Looks great! Bummer you had to go threw balancing issue with the other rims. I hope these work out
Old 6/3/14, 10:51 PM
Bullitt Member

Well, last night i drove on the highway and I had some imbalance! WTF????
This morning, I went back to the tire place, and they gave me a sad story about the balancing machine not able to balance at speeds higher than 80 mph. Road force balance machine was broken, and the like.... So they decided to redo it, and it was feeling very frustrated!
Got the car back, and they told me I managed to lose one weight from one of the rear wheels the same day, they mounted the tires. The adhesive was still there, but the weight was gone. They added the weight and after the very sad story of the tire shop, I reluctantly took my car back, not expecting much.
I drove it on the highway, at different (illegal) speeds to find out: it is completely balanced!!!! Yeah!!!!
Turns out these wheels are great and only had a few grams added to balance them.
Oh and the wheels come with hub centric rings! So they are truly centric to the hub.
Old 6/4/14, 10:34 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

It's the little things that make the difference......literally.
Old 6/4/14, 10:43 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
looking great!!!
Old 6/4/14, 11:20 AM
Bullitt Member

Thanks. I'm really enjoying my car now!
Old 8/9/14, 06:57 PM
Bullitt Member

I emptied my Bob's oil separator today, after using it a few hundred miles. I got a few tea spoons out of it.
Attached Thumbnails 2013 MUSTANG GT ,              I finished my mods.... yeah right-img_2758.jpg  

Last edited by Plim; 8/9/14 at 09:59 PM.
Old 9/9/14, 10:21 PM
Bullitt Member

New mod is in the making:

I'm going to change the GT500 axle backs to the Quad exhaust setup the 2013 GT500 had. The parts are in transit, and my "old" GT500 axle backs are up for sale!
Old 9/9/14, 10:42 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
New mod is in the making: I'm going to change the GT500 axle backs to the Quad exhaust setup the 2013 GT500 had. The parts are in transit, and my "old" GT500 axle backs are up for sale!
Pascal! I ordered my valance and catback today too! Hahaha
Old 9/9/14, 10:51 PM
Bullitt Member

Where did you get your material? I was able to get some take offs from Shelby American. (this was my third try and I paid a little more than I wanted. But the quad exhausts were not being offered that much any more, so I thought, what the heck, go for it.) The valance I ordered from Lugoff Ford. In total I'm at just over $600. If all goes well should arrive some time next week. After which I need to find some time to actually put it on the car. Hectic times.... looking for a house to buy, and we keep going to open houses at the weirdest times.
Old 9/9/14, 10:57 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Where did you get your material? I was able to get some take offs from Shelby American. (this was my third try and I paid a little more than I wanted. But the quad exhausts were not being offered that much any more, so I thought, what the heck, go for it.) The valance I ordered from Lugoff Ford. In total I'm at just over $600. If all goes well should arrive some time next week. After which I need to find some time to actually put it on the car. Hectic times.... looking for a house to buy, and we keep going to open houses at the weirdest times.
I got the valance from Autonation/WhiteBear Ford, and my catback is going to be from Solo. Hey either this or next weekend free for you?
Old 9/9/14, 11:05 PM
Bullitt Member

not this weekend, maybe free, and I cannot promise at this point in time, next weekend.
Let's touch base on that sometime next week.
How did I do with my $600 ? not bad right ?
Old 9/9/14, 11:16 PM
Legacy TMS Member

not this weekend, maybe free, and I cannot promise at this point in time, next weekend. Let's touch base on that sometime next week. How did I do with my $600 ? not bad right ?
Yessir haha! No worries I'll text you next week. Hopefully my stuff comes before the weekend, as I'd like to get that stuff on soon too! But I'll take it to my muffler shop, bc I want it welded.

Quick Reply: 2013 MUSTANG GT , I finished my mods.... yeah right