The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums (https://themustangsource.com/forums/)
-   Gotta Have It Green (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f818/)
-   -   Trigger Pulled! (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f818/trigger-pulled-511486/)

blackbeard 7/20/12 02:18 PM

Trigger Pulled!

After talking about getting a new Mustang since the 5.0 was released I finally placed my order 6/18/12. Gonna suck having a car payment again but I think it will be worth it.

Dealer did a search and found all of 3 in the country optioned this way, lol. Dealer said 6-8 weeks for delivery. Gonna be a long wait for it to arrive.

2013 GHIG Base Model GT
-Track Pack
-Recaro Seats

Been lurking a while and admiring all the new cars. Now it's time to join the ranks. Sad to see my 1997 cobra go but after spending the last 15yrs with that car I guess it's time... Will post the requisite pics once I finally have the car.

Thanks for listening.

mustangmikeFL 7/20/12 02:23 PM

Congrats!!

SilverSkoundrel 7/20/12 02:25 PM

hell yeah! congrats & welcome to TMS

BB3 7/20/12 03:21 PM

Congrats Blackbeard. It's going to awesome to say the least.
Way To Go !------Bill

AMDanBailer 7/20/12 03:48 PM

Originally Posted by blackbeard (Post 6401281)
After talking about getting a new Mustang since the 5.0 was released I finally placed my order 6/18/12. Gonna suck having a car payment again but I think it will be worth it.

Dealer did a search and found all of 3 in the country optioned this way, lol. Dealer said 6-8 weeks for delivery. Gonna be a long wait for it to arrive.

2013 GHIG Base Model GT
-Track Pack
-Recaro Seats

Been lurking a while and admiring all the new cars. Now it's time to join the ranks. Sad to see my 1997 cobra go but after spending the last 15yrs with that car I guess it's time... Will post the requisite pics once I finally have the car.

Thanks for listening.

blackbeard,

Welcome to TMS & Congratulations on the 13', they are amazing machines & will be worth the wait when that beast arrives!

Post up some pics when the car comes in, we'd love to check it out!

Let me know if I can be of any assistance in the future!

- Dan

MBarrette10 7/20/12 04:28 PM

Congrats on the purchase!

Tron 7/20/12 04:37 PM

Congrats! Can't wait to see pics! :D

dogiebitt 7/21/12 01:22 AM

Congrats! Did you order it from the factory or is the dealer going to transfer the car from another dealer?

blackbeard 7/21/12 06:38 AM

Originally Posted by dogiebitt (Post 6401628)
Congrats! Did you order it from the factory or is the dealer going to transfer the car from another dealer?

Odered from the factory. I'm in the Dallas area and the only 3 optioned the same in the country are in TN, IL, and CO...lol.

Thanks for the warm welcome guys.

Lion Fan 7/21/12 07:05 AM

Congratulations GHIG'er!! Its awesome, trust me!

GreenCars 7/22/12 01:00 PM

congrats..

MyStang2010GB 7/24/12 07:50 PM

Congrats!! You ordered yours just like I did except i added the 301A package for the Sync.

cdynaco 7/24/12 08:12 PM

Awesome! Welcome to TMS! :nice:

blackbeard 7/25/12 02:28 PM

Originally Posted by MyStang2010GB (Post 6404076)
Congrats!! You ordered yours just like I did except i added the 301A package for the Sync.

Great minds think alike. :nice:

I just didn't think I would use sync enough to spend the money on it. I've tried it out in family members cars and it was just kinda meh to me.

blackbeard 7/26/12 09:05 AM

Woot! Got an email from my dealer today saying my order has been submitted to plant and I have a VIN number! No ETA unfortunately.

Lion Fan 7/26/12 09:26 AM

If you get a hold of Deysha, she's the customer service rep on this forum she'll get your window sticker as well.

blackbeard 7/26/12 03:48 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Fan (Post 6405069)
If you get a hold of Deysha, she's the customer service rep on this forum she'll get your window sticker as well.

What does she need, just the VIN number?

Lion Fan 7/26/12 04:07 PM

That'll do probably, but i would give her the VIN, the dealer, and the model

blackbeard 7/26/12 04:57 PM

Cool, I'll shoot her a PM.

Thanks man.

blackbeard 8/2/12 04:52 AM

Got a hold of Deysha. My ETA is 8/29! Man this waiting is hard to do, lol.

Lion Fan 8/2/12 06:50 AM

My Friend, thats Lightning fast compared to my full 8 weeks to get it in Utah, but then again we just received indoor plumbing.........

blackbeard 8/2/12 11:29 AM

Ouch, that sucks man.

GreenCars 8/2/12 11:59 AM

Originally Posted by Lion Fan (Post 6409814)
My Friend, thats Lightning fast compared to my full 8 weeks to get it in Utah, but then again we just received indoor plumbing.........

Took the beginning of 7 weeks for my car to arrive, worth the wait. I can not get enough of the looks of people and the overall fun of driving her.

Again congrats on the pulling of the Trigger!!

MyStang2010GB 8/2/12 03:56 PM

i got mine in 1 day shy of exactly 5 weeks from ordered to delivered

blackbeard 8/2/12 04:39 PM

I ordered it on 7/18 so if it truly gets here on the 29th it will be exactly 6 weeks.

blackbeard 8/8/12 02:14 PM

Good news. Got my window sticker and it shows a build date of 8/14. Also received my $750 cash offer on my first brochure request.

MBarrette10 8/8/12 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by blackbeard (Post 6413888)
Good news. Got my window sticker and it shows a build date of 8/14. Also received my $750 cash offer on my first brochure request.

Congrats! I got my window sticker today too. I think my ETA is the 16th but unfortunately I won't be able to pick it up until 9/6.

blackbeard 8/8/12 03:41 PM

Dang, that's gonna be a tough wait knowing your car is there and not able to get it for a couple weeks... I feel for ya.

MyStang2010GB 8/8/12 05:09 PM

When I ordered my 2010 GT Premium LOADED grabber blue mustang it was around April 15th or so of 2009. The car showed up the afternoon on Jun 19th.... which was the same day I was headed to Turkey for 9 weeks.....

My salesman called me and said the car was here and when did I want to pick it up. He was stunned when I told him in about 9 weeks. Now that wait sucked!!!

blackbeard 8/8/12 05:22 PM

Lol, yeah I think you win the worst wait award for sure.

Xar 8/11/12 01:19 AM

Originally Posted by MyStang2010GB (Post 6413986)
When I ordered my 2010 GT Premium LOADED grabber blue mustang it was around April 15th or so of 2009. The car showed up the afternoon on Jun 19th.... which was the same day I was headed to Turkey for 9 weeks.....

My salesman called me and said the car was here and when did I want to pick it up. He was stunned when I told him in about 9 weeks. Now that wait sucked!!!

what were you doing in Turkey? I'm heading there on the 16th of next month, but I go every year since my wife is Turkish.

MyStang2010GB 8/11/12 05:30 AM

Originally Posted by Xar (Post 6415704)
what were you doing in Turkey? I'm heading there on the 16th of next month, but I go every year since my wife is Turkish.

I work on industrial control systems for heavy duty gas turbines. We were doing a retro-fit to a newer control system

Xar 8/11/12 05:59 PM

ah - work - I hope you had the time to enjoy the country, not many from the US realize how hospitable Turkey is (of course region plays a part in that).

I stay in Izmir as that's where our family is but the Mediterranean is absolutely perfect...

Anyhow, so as not to side track this much :)

I told my wife - if ever we move to Turkey, we'll import my mustang, whatever one I have at the time. Gas at $10/gal will be painful, but a GHIG (if I have that when we finally move there) will be the most amazing car there...

MyStang2010GB 8/11/12 07:29 PM

Originally Posted by Xar (Post 6416025)
ah - work - I hope you had the time to enjoy the country, not many from the US realize how hospitable Turkey is (of course region plays a part in that).

I stay in Izmir as that's where our family is but the Mediterranean is absolutely perfect...

Anyhow, so as not to side track this much :)

I told my wife - if ever we move to Turkey, we'll import my mustang, whatever one I have at the time. Gas at $10/gal will be painful, but a GHIG (if I have that when we finally move there) will be the most amazing car there...

I was north of Izmir in Foca. the power plant manager had a mustang vert and when he found out I was a mustang owner / fanatic as well we hit it off great!!

I have beautiful pics from Turkey....well the coast area where I was at. I was not as impressed with Istanbul

Xar 8/12/12 10:30 AM

Originally Posted by MyStang2010GB (Post 6416082)
I was north of Izmir in Foca. the power plant manager had a mustang vert and when he found out I was a mustang owner / fanatic as well we hit it off great!!

I have beautiful pics from Turkey....well the coast area where I was at. I was not as impressed with Istanbul

Ah - Istanbul... the love of the Turks. I was lucky to have a few of our friends guide me through many of the palaces and a few wonderful nights. It's over crowded and although the Turks love it, it is something difficult for the rest of us to get used to. I very much enjoyed Istanbul, but trying to park (or drive) anything larger than a sub-compact would not be fun.

gregc 8/15/12 10:05 PM

You guys are lucky. I have to wait till December 12 to get mine. Hopefully it'll be waiting for me when I return from this deployment. I'm already looking for ways to mod it already. I like the black version of the track package rims. I also want the Boss 302 intake and brace. I ordered the base GT, recaro seats, track package and rear spoiler delete.