The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums (https://themustangsource.com/forums/)
-   Race Red (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f816/)
-   -   I just have a quick question.. (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f816/i-just-have-quick-question-531426/)

MustangLover2013 6/30/14 06:22 PM

I just have a quick question..

My parents had 3 convertible cars: 1995(first year they made it) BMW Z3, My mom's 2003 porsche Boxster and my mustang(my car but I live at my parents house.) And they only had a boot for the Z3. I don't think they ever used it. But I was really young when they owned it. Anyways, my parents and I are going to drive on the Blue Ridge Parkway this weekend(if its nice) and we might have the boot on just so we know how to use it.
I am just curious how many of you convertible owners have a boot and use it?

tukatz 6/30/14 06:47 PM

I had one for my '98 Jaguar XK8 and used it. It was very easy to put on and take off.

I bought an after market boot for my Honda S2000 because the stock boot was a nightmare. The one I bought was really easy and I used it.

I looked into a boot for my Mustang and decided to pass.

cdynaco 6/30/14 07:01 PM

Originally Posted by tukatz (Post 6822458)
I had one for my '98 Jaguar XK8....

Really? It didn't come with a trunk? :wonder:

:p

MustangLover2013 6/30/14 07:02 PM

Originally Posted by tukatz (Post 6822458)
I had one for my '98 Jaguar XK8 and used it. It was very easy to put on and take off.

I bought an after market boot for my Honda S2000 because the stock boot was a nightmare. The one I bought was really easy and I used it.

The boot and floor mats are my birthday present(My Birthday is in 2 weeks) Since the dealer lost my mats and my boot(if my car even had one.) So my dad is nice enough to buy me some. And I'm getting the matching Trunk mat :)

tukatz 6/30/14 07:46 PM

Good deal, Stacie. Enjoy them and your Mustang.

Not THAT boot, Charlie, your OTHER boot (as in tonneau).

MustangLover2013 6/30/14 07:47 PM

Originally Posted by cdynaco (Post 6822464)
Really? It didn't come with a trunk? :wonder:

:p

Bahaha I forgot British calls the trunk The Boot. Which has always confused me. :confused:

MustangLover2013 6/30/14 07:49 PM

Originally Posted by tukatz (Post 6822491)
Good deal, Stacie. Enjoy them and your Mustang.

Not THAT boot, Charlie, your OTHER boot (as in tonneau).

I wanted the 50 year mats but they don't have the matching trunk mat. So I'm getting these :)

http://www.americanmuscle.com/charco...mats-2013.html

My dad just got me a cloth one. I hope that one works good. He just got it off of ebay. But this one on American Muscle looks awesome.
http://www.americanmuscle.com/3dcarb...over-0512.html But $500 no thank you!

JimC 6/30/14 09:00 PM

I had one that came with the 2006 - never took it out of the plastic storage bag and finally sold it on Ebay

When I ordered the 2013 I deleted the boot. But then came across one for $75 that someone was selling and decided to get it. Only been on the car a couple of times - for shows. It is a PIA to put on though.

TripleBlack14 7/1/14 05:28 AM

"It is a PIA to put on though"

I agree, but the car looks so much nicer and much more clean looking. It's worth the occasional scraped knuckle to keep it installed.

My 'vert is driven only in nicer weather as I had intended it to be. I'm also lucky to have a garage, so the top is always down (with a cover when inside)and the boot stays on all the time except when it gets washed. I've only driven it twice with the top up.

Of course it's only a matter of time before I get caught in a sudden end-of-the-world rainstorm in the middle of the night in bumper to bumper traffic while in a left lane that has no shoulder.

That'll really suck.

Tom

Glenn 7/1/14 06:33 AM

the one on my 2k wasn't to bad to put on. I was always afraid it would fly off there. I didn't use it all to often

MustangLover2013 7/1/14 03:41 PM

Originally Posted by TripleBlack14 (Post 6822597)
"It is a PIA to put on though"

I agree, but the car looks so much nicer and much more clean looking. It's worth the occasional scraped knuckle to keep it installed.

My 'vert is driven only in nicer weather as I had intended it to be. I'm also lucky to have a garage, so the top is always down (with a cover when inside)and the boot stays on all the time except when it gets washed. I've only driven it twice with the top up.

Of course it's only a matter of time before I get caught in a sudden end-of-the-world rainstorm in the middle of the night in bumper to bumper traffic while in a left lane that has no shoulder.

That'll really suck.

Tom

I heard its bad to keep it down all the time. The top will get wrinkled? Has yours never had a problem? As soon as I pull into the driveway I put it in park and the top comes up. I'm just lucky that my dad gave over his spot in the garage so my car will not get pine sap all over it and we can keep him nice and safe. Away from winds, ice and whatever Mother Nature throws at us :)

TripleBlack14 7/5/14 05:23 AM

I wash the car once a week and usually do a significant detailing at the same time, so the top is up then for the day. It does get wrinkled but there's been no evidence of any problems since I took delivery in May.

However, once winter and bad weather rears it's ugly head, the Mustang will go in the garage, top up, cover on (but started regularly) until spring and summer return.

Of course if we get no winter due to us evil gas guzzling Mustang owners, spewing forth toxic fumes and waste, melting ice caps and depleting the ozone layer, then it'll get driven year 'round. One can only hope.

Thank god for global warming and Al Gore.

RedGT12 8/22/14 11:43 AM

Originally Posted by MustangLover2013 (Post 6822447)
My parents had 3 convertible cars: 1995(first year they made it) BMW Z3, My mom's 2003 porsche Boxster and my mustang(my car but I live at my parents house.) And they only had a boot for the Z3. I don't think they ever used it. But I was really young when they owned it. Anyways, my parents and I are going to drive on the Blue Ridge Parkway this weekend(if its nice) and we might have the boot on just so we know how to use it. I am just curious how many of you convertible owners have a boot and use it?

After 35k miles Mine is still in the factory plastic bag in the trunk. Haven't took touched it.
If I lived in Florida, maybe it'd be different,