The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums (https://themustangsource.com/forums/)
-   2012-2013 BOSS 302 (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f813/)
-   -   We almost lost #1296 (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f813/we-almost-lost-1296-a-530783/)

ninjacrooks 6/1/14 01:46 PM

We almost lost #1296

We had a house fire yesterday that ended up getting into the attic spaces. Started outside the garage and moved in. Nobody hurt, we were away when it happened. I got back and the FD was sawing through my garage doors. I cringed. They let me go in and back her out while they were fighting the fire above the garage. Very cool of them. However I have since found some Knicks and scratches. And the care reeks of a campfire. I can barely look at her with all the soot and waterspots. I know it could have been a lot worse, and things will be replaced. I just figure the days of watching over her so protectively are over. On the upside, I'll probably track the **** out of her now.

Womprat 6/1/14 02:23 PM

Ozium non scented original air sanitizer works wonders! Glad no one or your Boss were hurt!

cdynaco 6/1/14 03:16 PM

Close one! :fear:

Mustang Freak 6/1/14 03:31 PM

Phewww!!! Hopefully she'll be right as rain soon!

houtex 6/1/14 06:18 PM

I would also recommend an ozone generator. That thing will kill any smellz, just about.

ace72ace 6/2/14 05:29 AM

The first few chips and scratches are liberating, you can now drive and enjoy it without worrying about the paint.

CiniZter 6/2/14 06:38 AM

hope all of ur other valuables are also safe.. that was so close

Glenn 6/2/14 09:17 AM

What Ace said and glad it wasn't worse.

laserred38 6/2/14 09:25 AM

Sorry about the house loss buddy. That's the worst. I can't even imagine. At least you didn't lose anything more important... :(

boss man 6/2/14 01:51 PM

Fire is one of the most uglyest types of destruction. Most of the time if the fire does not get you the smoke will. Very glad to hear that no one or pets were harmed. The car can be touched up and even repainted.
This is why they say SMOKE DECTECTORS SAVES LIVES! And maybe even Boss 302!
This thread even made me check my batteries in my smoke dect.

FordService 6/4/14 10:00 AM

Originally Posted by ninjacrooks (Post 6810230)
We had a house fire yesterday that ended up getting into the attic spaces. Started outside the garage and moved in. Nobody hurt, we were away when it happened. I got back and the FD was sawing through my garage doors. I cringed. They let me go in and back her out while they were fighting the fire above the garage. Very cool of them. However I have since found some Knicks and scratches. And the care reeks of a campfire. I can barely look at her with all the soot and waterspots. I know it could have been a lot worse, and things will be replaced. I just figure the days of watching over her so protectively are over. On the upside, I'll probably track the **** out of her now.

Oh boy! I'm glad to learn you, your family, and your Boss are ok, ninjacrooks. :nice:

Deysha

ninjacrooks 6/4/14 02:24 PM

Thanks deysha

FordService 6/5/14 06:02 AM

Originally Posted by ninjacrooks (Post 6811543)
Thanks deysha

You're very welcome, ninjacrooks!

Deysha

ninjacrooks 6/6/14 08:47 PM

Update- about $3,800 in damage. Scratches going to be buffed out, hopefully. Trunk lid will be painted most likely due to ember burns. New spoiler ordered. Full interior/exterior detail. Minor dings will be pulled with paintless correction. Should see her in 7-10 days.

cdynaco 6/7/14 04:04 PM

Originally Posted by ninjacrooks (Post 6812537)
Update- about $3,800 in damage. Scratches going to be buffed out, hopefully. Trunk lid will be painted most likely due to ember burns. New spoiler ordered. Full interior/exterior detail. Minor dings will be pulled with paintless correction. Should see her in 7-10 days.

And that's charged against your Auto Comp - not your house Fire Ins, right?

ninjacrooks 6/7/14 10:11 PM

Correct. Two separate deductibles.

ace72ace 6/9/14 01:07 PM

Good luck with your repairs, hope it comes out looking good as new. :nice: