The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums (https://themustangsource.com/forums/)
-   2012-2013 BOSS 302 (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f813/)
-   -   Ordered but ?? (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f813/ordered-but-490404/)

cobrasteve 1/3/11 08:37 PM

Ordered but ??

So I placed the order for my Boss on Dec. 20. Called the dealer today for an update and they stated the order has not been picked yet by Ford. He says they have a January allocation.

How long does it usually take, should I be worried? Not that I don't trust my dealer, but...

Thanks for the help!

2010MustangGT 1/3/11 08:41 PM

From the sounds of it... He's probably putting your order in a bag with like 10-15 others to submit. Rather than just doing 1 at a time. :dunno:

PTRocks 1/3/11 09:18 PM

Did you get a DORA? That will give you confirmation, the order is in. Once you do, check the priority number near the top right of the page. We'll be able to tell you if the dealer is playing with you or not.
Mine was ordered on Dec. 9th with the dealer's best priority number. No vin for me yet, which suits me just fine right now.

5 DOT 0 1/3/11 09:22 PM

Dealers started submitting orders around November 19th. My order was submitted a few days after that and I still don't have my VIN. Hopefully mine gets serialized soon. I've seen VIN's and schedule weeks for the first four weeks of production and they are already into the first week of February. I have no idea how they prioritize orders but my guess is if it hasn't been ordered yet you are at least into February production. Good luck.

1FAFP90 1/4/11 06:02 AM

My order went in November, I have the confirmation, but I do not even have a build quarter at this point.

cloud9 1/4/11 09:24 AM

My order was submitted on 12/01/2010 with a Priority 10. That's the lowest number (highest priority) a dealer can give an order. I received a VIN and build date from the dealer on 12/17/2010 (not sure when they got that from Ford but presumably around that time). It had been moved to a Priority 01 by the zone rep which meant it was the highest priority build for my dealer. Apparently the zone rep has to intervene on all the Boss builds to get them scheduled and moves them to a Priority 01 status. I don't work for Ford or a dealer, this is just what I've been told by others.

It sounds like it's in the zone reps hands to get you scheduled. Now that said, the first quarter production presumably runs through March and everything I've seen reported so far has been from January 17th to as late as February 5th so there's almost two months of production NOT SCHEDULED. You probably shouldn't get too worried if you don't have a VIN yet.

5 DOT 0 1/4/11 09:40 AM

My order was submitted on Nov. 24th with a priority 10 and no VIN yet. Hopefully I'll have it within the next two weeks.

06GT 1/4/11 10:25 AM

I am very anxious to see pics of the Q1 build cars...and dyno numbers!

01roushstg1 1/4/11 04:49 PM

Cobrasteve are you from SWMO?

yugoboss 1/4/11 06:42 PM

I'd say you wouldn't see that car a least 6 months.

phytrpilot 1/4/11 08:09 PM

Just curious what the VIN's are for the first Boss builds. I'm scheduled week of 31 Jan with last four of the VIN as 2933. Anyone else that has a build date wish to share their last four VIN num's? Fortunately, live in the Houston area so weather should not be a problem hitting the road quickly.

cobrasteve 1/4/11 08:31 PM

Thanks everybody, I feel a little better now. I was starting to get the feeling I was the only 1st quarter build w/o a VIN. I'm in no hurry as the weather won't break until mid-April anyways.

Originally Posted by 01roushstg1 (Post 5993452)
Cobrasteve are you from SWMO?

Nope, don't think so, sorry!

OAC_Sparky 1/4/11 11:10 PM

Originally Posted by phytrpilot (Post 5993537)
Just curious what the VIN's are for the first Boss builds.

Generally speaking, VINs are given by the order they are serialized and may or may not correspond to their rotation number, which is the order that they will emerge at the end of the line.

Dig-It Racing 1/5/11 03:47 AM

Any idea how or when the BOSS serial / vehicle numbers are assigned (for the tag on top of the intake manifold)?

5 DOT 0 1/5/11 08:09 AM

Originally Posted by Dig-It Racing (Post 5993643)
Any idea how or when the BOSS serial / vehicle numbers are assigned (for the tag on top of the intake manifold)?

Excellent question.

FAST FRED 1/5/11 10:34 AM

Originally Posted by phytrpilot (Post 5993537)
Just curious what the VIN's are for the first Boss builds. I'm scheduled week of 31 Jan with last four of the VIN as 2933. Anyone else that has a build date wish to share their last four VIN num's? Fortunately, live in the Houston area so weather should not be a problem hitting the road quickly.

My vin 3149 and is also due to be built the week of 31 Jan. 2011

atrain1975 1/5/11 11:02 AM

My VIN is 2683 and scheduled for 1/31 build. Priority code on my order confirmation sheet was 10; priority code on my build sheet is 19. I'm not sure whether a 19 priority code is good.

PTRocks 1/5/11 11:11 AM

Originally Posted by atrain1975 (Post 5993731)
My VIN is 2683 and scheduled for 1/31 build. Priority code on my order confirmation sheet was 10; priority code on my build sheet is 19. I'm not sure whether a 19 priority code is good.

You have a build sheet? I don't believe that I've heard of or seen one of those. It says something other than "Dealer Order Receipt Acknowledgement" for the heading? Could you post a copy? (redacted as desired)

StillIntense 1/5/11 11:35 AM

My VIN is 0331, scheduled for build week of 1/18. Current DORA shows it was submitted to plant, and the Zone Rep bumped priority to 01.

atrain1975 1/5/11 12:47 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by PTRocks (Post 5993734)
You have a build sheet? I don't believe that I've heard of or seen one of those. It says something other than "Dealer Order Receipt Acknowledgement" for the heading? Could you post a copy? (redacted as desired)

The sales manager who faxed the attached document to me called it a build sheet, but I don't know if that is accurate. I'm not too familiar with most of their terminology. I am pretty sure this isn't a DORA, though, and it is different from my order confirmation. The sales manager said he pulled it up on his computer. I redacted the dealership info because I don't want anybody to get in trouble over there (the last page warns that the information is proprietary).