The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums (https://themustangsource.com/forums/)
-   2012-2013 BOSS 302 (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f813/)
-   -   Evolution Performance, Inc. 2012 BOSS 302 Mustang Power Packages Available Now! (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f813/evolution-performance-inc-2012-boss-302-mustang-power-packages-available-now-494520/)

Evolution Performance 4/22/11 04:09 PM

Evolution Performance, Inc. 2012 BOSS 302 Mustang Power Packages Available Now!

http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot..._3606846_n.jpg

We took a Stock 2012 BOSS 302 Mustang and did a couple baseline pulls on the dyno and it made 367RWHP and 328RWTQ.

On a side note: We have a Mustang 1100-SE Loaded Dyno, which typically reads 5-7% less then a Dyno Jet. The only thing that matters are the gains over the baseline.

We then Installed a Magnaflow Off Road X-Pipe, Borla S-Type Catback Exhaust System, and a JLT Plastic Cold Air Intake to help the car breathe a little better.

No Mustang would be complete without loading one of our custom tunes for the 2012 BOSS 302 Mustang, which was developed on our In-House Dyno and has a lot of changes made to the Ti-VCT to make up for the low end torque loss the BOSS has because of the Intake Manifold.

The end result was a Peak Gain of 33RWHP and 32RWTQ.

Evolution Performance, Inc. Custom Tuned SCT X3’s and Cold Air Intake/SCT X3 Packages are available for the 2012 BOSS 302 Mustang!

Evolution Performance, Inc. Custom Tuned SCT X3 and TSX's for the 2012 BOSS 302 Mustang
http://www.evoperform.com/shop/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=267_282

Evolution Performance, Inc. Combo Power Packages for the 2012 BOSS 302 Mustang (Evolution Performance, Inc. Custom Tuned SCT X3 and your Choice of Air Intake)
http://www.evoperform.com/shop/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=267_321

http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot..._2720230_n.jpg

http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot..._5188840_n.jpg

ShaneM 4/22/11 08:13 PM

so will you see those same gains with only your tune and the CAI? i like the stock exhaust and dont want to lose the cats.

Big Vito 4/22/11 09:52 PM

Originally Posted by ShaneM
so will you see those same gains with only your tune and the CAI? i like the stock exhaust and dont want to lose the cats.

I bet you could see those gains with just a tune and the discs out

ShaneM 4/22/11 10:01 PM

Originally Posted by Big Vito (Post 6058023)
I bet you could see those gains with just a tune and the discs out

im sort of expecting we might see those gains from track key. ive seen the gleam in the eye of the engineers when they say "you have to find out for yourself"

Big Vito 4/22/11 10:05 PM

Originally Posted by ShaneM

im sort of expecting we might see those gains from track key. ive seen the gleam in the eye of the engineers when they say "you have to find out for yourself"

I agree, and hope for us to soon find out

ulev1st 4/23/11 07:13 AM

I like the results with the tune you have developed but I have a couple of questions.
I don't fully understand how TracKey is going to work so that is where my question comes from. As I understand it (and I may be wrong) the ECU see two different sets of parameters depending on which key the car is running on. With the CAI and tuning improved on the "black key" tune how will it effect the ECU when the "red key" is activated with the CAI in place? It will only see the tune FORD put in and will not compensate for the CAI. What new problems will this bring up? Once 'TracKey" is available will another Evo/Lund tune be required so the car doesn't run lean on that key?

Whammer 4/23/11 07:24 AM

Originally Posted by ulev1st (Post 6058121)
I like the results with the tune you have developed but I have a couple of questions.
I don't fully understand how TracKey is going to work so that is where my question comes from. As I understand it (and I may be wrong) the ECU see two different sets of parameters depending on which key the car is running on. With the CAI and tuning improved on the "black key" tune how will it effect the ECU when the "red key" is activated with the CAI in place? It will only see the tune FORD put in and will not compensate for the CAI. What new problems will this bring up? Once 'TracKey" is available will another Evo/Lund tune be required so the car doesn't run lean on that key?

I would assume that if you have the Evo tune you would NOT use the track key. That would be a big mistake.

Whammer 4/23/11 07:25 AM

Originally Posted by ShaneM (Post 6058027)

Yes, the track key will unlock 500HP AT the rear wheels.

ShaneM 4/23/11 07:52 AM

Originally Posted by Whammer (Post 6058128)
Yes, the track key will unlock 500HP AT the rear wheels.

i hardly think it will unlock 500whp. i think its reasonable to expect it to unlock a few more ponies though. ford has avoided the question about HP with the track key.

to the guy asking about CAI and the track key, track key will only work if you leave the engine bone stock. if you go to anything that gets more air in you will need a different tune,even if it left the stock tune or track key tune in place you wouldn't want to use that.

I do wonder something though. If this ECM has dual paths, how does the car know what spot to put the aftermarket tune in? Maybe I'm not clearly understanding the ECM and how it works. I am just wondering if both keys right now start the same ecm, and you are running the red key does the tune go into the red key spot or the standard key spot or withotu track key enabled is there only one spot?

the more interesting thing with these keys to me is this. if ford can program it to hold multiple tunes, will tuners be able to allow boss owner to upload multiple tunes and use one key or the other. for instance you could run a 104 race tune for the strip with the red key and then run the 93 street tune with the white key without having to dig out your tuner at the track.

Also since track key brings a launch control, are aftermarket tuners able to tune that in as well? I'm also wondering if it's possible for the tune to be tweaked even further for specific track use. for instance if the ABS system is controlled by the computer and has the ability to brake only specific wheels for stability control could a tune be made that would for instance allow the front brakes to be locked like a line lock or something for qtr use. I'm also curious with all the thngs track key can do if it woudl be possible to tune in somethign along the lines of the full throttle upshift feature of the WOT box.

black_bullitt 4/23/11 08:56 AM

^^ I'm wondering the same things in regards to how aftermarket tunes will affect the TracKey tune. I don't suppose once the tune is released by FRPP, it could be analyzed by an aftermarket tuner and adjusted with further enhancements, to accommodate for mods such as CAI, exhaust, headers, etc.

cloud9 4/23/11 09:17 AM

Originally Posted by ShaneM (Post 6058027)

That's the better comparison. Don't get hung up on "peak" hp. Compare which tune gets you around the track in the lowest time. That's what really matters when it comes to TracKey. If you're worried about big dyno numbers, buy a GT500, slap a bigger blower on it with an aggressive tune and run it 1/4 mile at a time.

ulev1st 4/23/11 09:17 AM

That's sorta what I was thinking....if it can be done I'm sure Evo/Lund will make it happen!

atrain1975 4/23/11 09:19 AM

Unless you're the dude getting this setup free in exchange for being the guinea pig, like most folks here I don't understand why anybody would mess with the tune before trackey is available. Why jump the gun to the tune (no pun intended) of $600 - $750 before you see what the $302 package will provide?

Bossdog 4/23/11 10:11 AM

Agree from above, and ... what happens to the Trackey program when mechanical items like a cam is changed? The Trackey program will almost certainly need to be adjusted to accomodate the new part as well as the stock program? And, will it be able to be adjusted? A whole lot of questions!

12C/OBoss 4/23/11 10:12 AM

Originally Posted by atrain1975 (Post 6058198)
Unless you're the dude getting this setup free in exchange for being the guinea pig, like most folks here I don't understand why anybody would mess with the tune before trackey is available. Why jump the gun to the tune (no pun intended) of $600 - $750 before you see what the $302 package will provide?

We now know what Evo/Lund can do with basic bolt ons and a tune so we can compare it with the TracKey when it's finally released. I didn't want to wait for the key and really wanted to see if it was possible to boost the torque down low in the powerband...and it made a huge difference in driveability!:banana:

So now when/if we get the TracKey we can put the factory airbox back on , and dyno before and after TracKey to see what the factory tune does vs Evolution/Lund Tune

BTW for the record as i do believe that the TracKey will boost driveability and torque, I don't believe it will be as close to the increase as a Evolution tune. :)

I also can't wait to see what my car does with long tube headers and a Lund 93 Race and 100 octane Race tune !:metal:

Whammer 4/23/11 06:17 PM

Originally Posted by ShaneM (Post 6058151)
i hardly think it will unlock 500whp. i think its reasonable to expect it to unlock a few more ponies though. ford has avoided the question about HP with the track key.

to the guy asking about CAI and the track key, track key will only work if you leave the engine bone stock. if you go to anything that gets more air in you will need a different tune,even if it left the stock tune or track key tune in place you wouldn't want to use that.

I do wonder something though. If this ECM has dual paths, how does the car know what spot to put the aftermarket tune in? Maybe I'm not clearly understanding the ECM and how it works. I am just wondering if both keys right now start the same ecm, and you are running the red key does the tune go into the red key spot or the standard key spot or withotu track key enabled is there only one spot?

the more interesting thing with these keys to me is this. if ford can program it to hold multiple tunes, will tuners be able to allow boss owner to upload multiple tunes and use one key or the other. for instance you could run a 104 race tune for the strip with the red key and then run the 93 street tune with the white key without having to dig out your tuner at the track.

Also since track key brings a launch control, are aftermarket tuners able to tune that in as well? I'm also wondering if it's possible for the tune to be tweaked even further for specific track use. for instance if the ABS system is controlled by the computer and has the ability to brake only specific wheels for stability control could a tune be made that would for instance allow the front brakes to be locked like a line lock or something for qtr use. I'm also curious with all the thngs track key can do if it woudl be possible to tune in somethign along the lines of the full throttle upshift feature of the WOT box.

I was joking about it unlocking 500 HP. I'm pretty sure Ford has stated several times that track key does not increase HP.

sum1 4/23/11 06:19 PM

I've had the stock ECU on my 2003 Evo VIII programmed a number of years ago to handle multiple tunes for different fuels, controlled by a toggle switch, so that idea is not new.

The Track Key is just another fancy toggle for a different tune. The moment you change the motor, whether it be CAI, cams, exhaust, you've rendered the tune in the Track Key less efficient.

FWIW

iDrive 4/23/11 07:14 PM

Originally Posted by sum1 (Post 6058497)
I've had the stock ECU on my 2003 Evo VIII programmed a number of years ago to handle multiple tunes for different fuels, controlled by a toggle switch, so that idea is not new.

The Track Key is just another fancy toggle for a different tune. The moment you change the motor, whether it be CAI, cams, exhaust, you've rendered the tune in the Track Key less efficient.

FWIW

Please elaborate. You must of had a piggyback like Exede from Vishnu or the Cobb Passport to be able to toggle between maps. The factory Evo ECU does not have the capability to store multiple tunes. I too owned a 2003 Evo VIII equipped with Motons, Xede Shiv 100 oct Custom tune w/SMART, Full-Race header, Works camber plates and pu bushings, etc. I ran in SCCA STU for a few years and toggled between, now illegal, street and race tunes. Both were designed without directly increasing boost. I made 280/268 on a Dyno Dynamics.

Dave

sum1 4/23/11 08:02 PM

I did initially have a Vishnu Smart, but had some fairly significant issues with the tune so I pulled it. With the right tuner (there are a few here in the bay area) multiple maps can be programmed and the stock ECU can indeed hold two different maps at the same time.

Right now I have a fairly conservative tune with 320 whp/315 ftlb on a Dynapack. I have cams, ported exhaust, 3076 turbo, race exhaust, large fmic, larger injectors, and lots of suspension work. It passes the sniffer part of the smog test no prob.

It's been my track car for years, until my Boss LS comes.

sum1 4/23/11 08:04 PM

To clarify, my Evo will pass the sniffer if I put the factory cat back on.
Chris