The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums (https://themustangsource.com/forums/)
-   2012-2013 BOSS 302 (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f813/)
-   -   Cool Tech Roll Bar - Sneak Peek (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f813/cool-tech-roll-bar-sneak-peek-502918/)

Jza1736 3/1/12 05:11 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Mine arrived today! looks like some nice days next week for it to get installed!

boss man 3/1/12 05:37 PM

Originally Posted by Jza1736 (Post 6268941)
Mine arrived today! looks like some nice days next week for it to get installed!

Wow, I'm jealous :nice:. That is really going to look bad a$$ when you get it installed. The white bar is really going to stand out....but in a good way. Take pleanty of pictures of the install. Maybe I'll run into you again this spring / summer so I can see it in person.

Jza1736 3/1/12 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by boss man

Wow, I'm jealous :nice:. That is really going to look bad a$$ when you get it installed. The white bar is really going to stand out....but in a good way. Take pleanty of pictures of the install. Maybe I'll run into you again this spring / summer so I can see it in person.

I will take lots of pics, I'll try to remember to use my real camera and not my crappy camera phone :)
Definitely! I should be in the NJ area for at least 1 track event this year.
Wednesday and Thursday look like in the high 50's. Depending on work, I'm shooting for one of those days!!

2006mach1 3/3/12 06:02 PM

Started on the roll bar install today. I got the front brackets bolted down and the side panels cut/notched. The hardest part was removing the original gussets/braces. The seam sealer really had them stuck down! Cutting the panels was fairly easy. Worked for about 3 hours taking my time. Hopefully get the rest of the bar installed in a few days.

http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg337...jpg&res=medium

http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg9/s...jpg&res=medium

roketman 3/3/12 06:12 PM

Nice pictures ! Keep em coming!
A big thanks!

yankee_pony 3/4/12 08:33 AM

Is the Roll Bar offered with a Cross Brace Bar?

boss man 3/4/12 09:19 AM

Originally Posted by 2006mach1 (Post 6271153)
Started on the roll bar install today.
http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg337...jpg&res=medium

I'm guessing your bar was the Comp. Orange bar. Great choice in color. Those bars are a work of art and they should stand out. I would love to see all bosses bars power coated in the body color. IMO having it done in black, it gets lost on the inside. Cool Tech. builds the best.....Keep us all posted :metal:.

Afdharley 3/4/12 09:28 AM

Is there a template for trimming the panel? Looks like it will be a clean install. Saving my lunch money for a comp orange bar.

cloud9 3/4/12 09:34 AM

Originally Posted by boss man (Post 6271621)
I'm guessing your bar was the Comp. Orange bar. Great choice in color. Those bars are a work of art and they should stand out.

Most people put a bar in for safety to be used along with a race seat and harness system, not its artistic value.

I would love to see all bosses bars power coated in the body color. IMO having it done in black, it gets lost on the inside.

This implies a person is installing their bar to show it off at a cruise-in?

Cool Tech. builds the best..... :metal:.

No offense to Kendall and I appreciate his development efforts to bring new products to market, but what exactly are you basing this statment on? Do you have his bar or do you have someone elses to compare it to? Just curious.

adam81 3/5/12 03:06 AM

Any updates on the production of the belts and pricing? Thanks.

2006mach1 3/5/12 05:24 AM

Originally Posted by Afdharley (Post 6271628)
Is there a template for trimming the panel? Looks like it will be a clean install. Saving my lunch money for a comp orange bar.

No template is included. The instructions are detailed with lots of measurements to make the cut. It woud be easy though to include a template. Maybe Kendall coud do this?

boss man 3/5/12 07:30 AM

Originally Posted by cloud9 (Post 6271631)
Most people put a bar in for safety to be used along with a race seat and harness system, not its artistic value.

No offense to Kendall and I appreciate his development efforts to bring new products to market, but what exactly are you basing this statment on? Do you have his bar or do you have someone elses to compare it to? Just curious.

I understand most people put a bar in for safety to be used along with a race seat and harness system. Any one who installs a bar is getting the safety factor weather it's on a track or strip or street. More 2012 Bosses have rolled over on the street then on the track. Yes I know it was driver error. Most of the time it's alaways driver error.

As for installing a bar to show it off at a cruise-in, Whats wrong with that? If you like the look and can afford it then go for it. How you choose to enjoy YOUR Boss is clearly up to the owner.

No I do not have a Bar as of yet (Family Frist). When I save my coins, Kendall's bar is for me unless something better comes along, which I dont see happening. I base my views on what I read and see in researching a product. I visit the strip about 2 times a year and it's his bar that I will install. And when I'm at the cruise-in and people ask about the bar, I'll be happy to tell them it's from cool tech.

nota4re 3/5/12 07:51 AM

The Ford engineers could have chosen any number of ways to add metal or bracing to reinforce the rear deck wall on the Laguna Seca. But what did they do? They built a roll bar-like tubing cross brace because aesthetically it 1) functions; and 2) it looks cool. I don't know why anyone would have trouble with the "looks cool" design attribute.

Afdharley 3/5/12 08:36 AM

I plan on having one of these bars someday along with the belts. Other priorities at the moment tho.

And yes, my car will mostly be a garage queen with a few autocross and track days. Love the looks and like someone else said, if I can afford it and like it, why not. It's my car.

No offense intended........

Apollo 3/5/12 09:02 AM

First Test of Roll Bar

Well, I got my Laguna Seca back from Kendall's Saturday and the roll bar looks better in than it does in pictures. The fitment is outstanding. It looks like at was included from the factory where other roll bars I have seen look more aftermarket for lack of a better term.
I promptly took it out and tested it on Sunday... well not the roll over part, just out at the track. I do not have quantitative data, but subjective seat of the pants was amazing. The car seems to have really benefited from this extra structure. The car does not seem to body roll as much and seems razor sharp in transitions and turn in. The car was hooking up better out of turns and I do not seem to be getting as much inside wheel lift out of hard turns.. I am convinced this was not just the day or my imagination. I did not need to have the rear supension set as stiff as before the roll bar.
In any case, I am truly happy and am only waiting to get the harness so I can stay in my seat better...;)
Thanks Kendall!

Apollo 3/5/12 09:36 AM

Originally Posted by cloud9 (Post 6271631)

Hi Cloud 9,

Actually, primarily a safety device but there is functionality - and aesthetics are in the eye of the beholder. For me,it is the functionality of this system that makes it so good. I did compare this to other bars and found this system uses the best combination of quality, fit, and function. With other non racing cages, many tie their cross braces into sheet metal panels, Cooltech has it tied to the shock mounts and floor braces. Many racing cages also tie into shock mounts, but have front bars which would certainly be safer for track, but potentially deadly in the street use application. Most roll hoops, or even bars I have seen in the mustang restrict seat travel, I find that there is no issue with seat movement with this bar. Kendall's bars accommodate the stock seat belt and actually improve their access.
It is an extremely well thought out system that works for safety, function, and therefore the bling factor is icing on the cake. Is it the best for all applications? No. But I feel it is the best for what most of us are using our cars for and that is why I bought mine.
(A little information on Kendall: He is in real life, an engineer at a high end aerospace company and he basically designs the software used for creating aircraft, he can't help himself about paying attention to the little details...)

RJorge1950 3/5/12 10:06 AM

Well I remember when Billy Crystal would imitate Ricardo Montalban and say "Darling it's better to look good than to feel good and Darling you look marvelous "

When I go to a cruise in I know my Cool Tech bar will simply LOOK MARVELOUS !

Rob

Jza1736 3/5/12 12:42 PM

I want my car to look good at a cruise in (it does with our without the roll bar) & I want the added protection on the track. & soon it will

roketman 3/5/12 07:02 PM

If I want to look cool at a cruise night ,I drive a Ford GT!

5 DOT 0 3/5/12 07:09 PM

Originally Posted by roketman (Post 6273139)
If I want to look cool at a cruise night ,I drive a Ford GT!

FTW:metal: