Search this Thread

Old 3/13/11, 01:31 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by theACE
Hmmm, I guess you work for BNSF, huh?
Yes

Originally Posted by 4pipes
This train info is fascinating. Is there something significant about the Battle Creek yard?
Originally Posted by theACE
Battle Creek yard is probably just a staging/interchange point yard for CN.
Bingo.

Here is a list of train types, I promise this will be the last time I go off TOPIC.

TYPE TRAIN-TYPE CODE DESCRIPTIONA- Amtrak Trains Operating on BNSF TrackB- Bare Table Flat Intermodal TrainsC- Loaded Unit Coal TrainsD- Light Locomotive/Engine MovesE- Empty Unit Coal TrainsF- Foreign Train Operating on BNSF TrackG- Loaded Unit Grain TrainsH- Hi-Priority Merchandise TrainsI- Deadhead Crew MovesJ- High/Wide Dimensional SpecialsK- Helper ServiceL- Local Trains (Regularly Scheduled)M- Regular Merchandise TrainsN- Hours-of-Service Relief CrewO- Officers Special TrainsP- Premium Service Intermodal TrainsQ- Guaranteed Service Intermodal TrainsR- Road Switcher Trains (Regularly Scheduled)S- Container Stack Intermodal TrainsT- Transfer Service (Interchange Delivery/Receipt)U- Unit Trains other than Coal or GrainV- Vehicle Unit Trains (Autos and Auto Parts)W- Work/Maintenance TrainsX- Empty Unit Grain TrainsY- Yard Jobs (Regularly Scheduled)Z- Priority UPS - LTL Intermodal Trains
Old 3/13/11, 02:53 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by cloud9
It moved again Griffin, IN on 3/13 at 1:55 p.m.......where the hell is he going?????
I think the Engineer needs a Garmin or something.
I had no idea where Griffin was but it appears like it's in Southern Indiana.
Old 3/13/11, 03:05 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Dean#4AI
I think the Engineer needs a Garmin or something.
He's on rails ... not like he can take a shortcut ...
Old 3/13/11, 04:01 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by OAC_Sparky
He's on rails ... not like he can take a shortcut ...
Really??

Originally Posted by cloud9
It moved again Griffin, IN on 3/13 at 1:55 p.m.......where the hell is he going?????
Anyway...... Gary - Are you sure you don't mean Griffith, IN? Griffith is close to Chicago and Griffin is in Southern Indiana.
Old 3/13/11, 04:25 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 4pipes
Big deal, you moved 100 miles SOUTH. Turn off the computer and go outside.
Dave you inspired me! Cleared the deck furniture out of the garage onto the deck, hauled up the race wheels and tires out of the basement into the garage, and hung some more pegboard and organized all my track stuff. I'm ready now.....just hope it doesn't snow again
Old 3/13/11, 04:26 PM
Mach 1 Member

Ahhhhh, the smell of race gas.
Old 3/13/11, 04:29 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by Dean#4AI
Anyway...... Gary - Are you sure you don't mean Griffith, IN? Griffith is close to Chicago and Griffin is in Southern Indiana.
You must be right! That computer guy is a little hard to understand. Phew, that's better. Ok, guess where now??? Joliet railyard! Just leave it there and I'll head down and put it on Autobahn CC for a few sessions and break it in right

My car is hauling a$$....at this rate it's going to be in Cottage Grove by the middle of the week

Last edited by cloud9; 3/13/11 at 04:31 PM.
Old 3/13/11, 06:54 PM
V6 Member

Just found out my boss is shipping. The ore for the body panels has just been dug in china and should be at the steel stamping factory in a month or so. Thread has shipped from the thread factory in georgia to the the seat and interior factory to make those parts. Not sure about the paint or decals yet. Oil is apparently at AAI already to lube that 302 whenever it is assembled.

Does anyone know how I can get railcar numbers to track these various parts on their way to the factory?

Sorry to be sort of off topic but I am feeling left out. Supposedly have a 1 quarter build but have no vin number (sorry couldn't resist that) or build date. Congrats to all you guys who have a car on the way. Hopefully mine will not be far behind.
Old 3/13/11, 07:14 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by kona302
Just found out my boss is shipping. The ore for the body panels has just been dug in china and should be at the steel stamping factory in a month or so. Thread has shipped from the thread factory in georgia to the the seat and interior factory to make those parts. Not sure about the paint or decals yet. Oil is apparently at AAI already to lube that 302 whenever it is assembled.

Does anyone know how I can get railcar numbers to track these various parts on their way to the factory?

Sorry to be sort of off topic but I am feeling left out. Supposedly have a 1 quarter build but have no vin number (sorry couldn't resist that) or build date. Congrats to all you guys who have a car on the way. Hopefully mine will not be far behind.
Hopefully with the assembly line reopening tomorrow, more guys (and ladies Kristin) will get their cars shipped this week, and the plant will start assigning more VINs and build dates. Even better if they work some OT and weekend shifts. I feel for you guys that got cutoff by the plant closing. The best news is that they are shipping and don't appear to have any significant holds to further delay getting cars out.
Old 3/13/11, 09:02 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by kona302

I'm in the same boat. but worse things can happen and we're talking weeks of difference...not months or years. I talked to the zone rep in my area and she said they have been having material shortages on the seats that are keeping the new order scheduling going really slowly.
Old 3/13/11, 09:11 PM
Cobra R Member

If less people ordered the seats/diff package I'd have my Boss next week, to soon for roads though.
Old 3/14/11, 05:34 AM
GT Member

Alex, our cars left Cumberland MD at 10:30 last night. They are on there way to Jessup, MD. That is SW of Baltimore. I would think it would get put on a truck from there. We might get them by Wednesday or Thursday

Ron
Old 3/14/11, 06:02 AM
Bullitt Member

kona302: it could be worse. Mine was built by 2/17 and still hasn't left Flat Rock. In fact, it was returned to plant last Wednesday and still hasn't changed status as of this morning.
I'm thinking that Bill Ford is using it for his commuter car.
Old 3/14/11, 06:50 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by fuhrius
I'm in the same boat. but worse things can happen and we're talking weeks of difference...not months or years. I talked to the zone rep in my area and she said they have been having material shortages on the seats that are keeping the new order scheduling going really slowly.
We might have the same Zone Rep (MB) if you live in the Midwest, She has been putting out the seat excuse for two months.
Old 3/14/11, 08:03 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by Locke62
Alex, our cars left Cumberland MD at 10:30 last night. They are on there way to Jessup, MD. That is SW of Baltimore. I would think it would get put on a truck from there. We might get them by Wednesday or Thursday

Ron
Congrats! Yours are almost home. Hopefully they get unloaded quickly and trucked to the dealer.
Old 3/14/11, 08:45 AM
Bullitt Member

Ron,
Did not receive your PM, and I tried to send you one with no luck. Anyone having problems with PMs?
Old 3/14/11, 09:26 AM
GT Member

Alex, the cars arrived to Jessup, MD at 6:36am today. There is an automotive distribution center there that is run by TDSI, which CSX contracts through. We might see them tomorrow, or later today. It's only 30 miles from my dealer, very exiting

Ron
Old 3/14/11, 09:29 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Locke62
Alex, the cars arrived to Jessup, MD at 6:36am today. There is an automotive distribution center there that is run by TDSI, which CSX contracts through. We might see them tomorrow, or later today. It's only 30 miles from my dealer, very exiting

Ron

Thanks, Ron!
Old 3/14/11, 09:37 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Congrats guys!!! You know we all want
Old 3/14/11, 09:41 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Mine departed Joliet at 10:14 a.m. hopefully headed to Wisconsin.

Quick Reply: Boss has been shipped!