2012-2013 BOSS 302

Anyone Going To Woodward Dream Cruise?

Search this Thread

Old 8/10/11, 07:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone Going To Woodward Dream Cruise?

If you haven't been to the Woodward Dream Cruise in Michigan, I would suggest you give it a try. The official Cruise is August 20th, but guys pretty much cruise from Wednesday on. Lots of cool cars of all types, people line the streets 2-3 deep to watch cars. Big party.

There are 700 Mustang owners signed up to be a part of Mustang Alley(9 of them BOSS owners) which is on 9 mile road on the east side of Woodward. For more information, go to www.mustangalley.net for more details.

Should be a ton of fun, stop by and say hi.
Old 8/10/11, 07:54 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'll be there.
Old 8/10/11, 08:05 PM
Bullitt Member

I'm registerd to be on Mustang alley
Old 8/10/11, 08:53 PM
Bullitt Member

I'll be there too.
Old 8/10/11, 08:59 PM
Bullitt Member

Yep; we've been cruising out there all summer, and will be at the cruise at Mustang Alley as well. Just got back from there a little bit ago; it was pretty hopping tonight. I live a couple blocks off Woodward.
Old 8/10/11, 09:43 PM

Originally Posted by J1000
Yep; we've been cruising out there all summer, and will be at the cruise at Mustang Alley as well. Just got back from there a little bit ago; it was pretty hopping tonight. I live a couple blocks off Woodward.
Hmmm. Maybe I'll come next Wednesday evening and do a little cruising before the AAI plant tour on Thursday.
Old 8/10/11, 09:48 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Luckymotorsports
Hmmm. Maybe I'll come next Wednesday evening and do a little cruising before the AAI plant tour on Thursday.
I took all next week off work; it should be pretty packed all week. The days leading up to the cruise are the best; the cruise itself is a madhouse. During the weeks and the weekends leading up to it, you can actually hang out, cruise, and horse around a bit, so I'd recommend coming out early. I missed out on registering for the tour, but am doing the track day at the Dearborn proving grounds on Friday. Can't wait!
Old 8/11/11, 05:59 AM
Bullitt Member

I'd be interested in this too although I'm not sure what time I'll get there on Wednesday night.
Old 8/11/11, 07:16 AM
Bullitt Member

I'll be arriving in town sometime on Wed.

Signed up for Mustang Alley, but with my 93 Cobra, since my LS isnt in yet.

Doing the plant tour on Thurs.

Going to tour a private collection on Fri.

Dream Cruise on Sat.

Head home on Sunday.

FYI, head to Miller's Bar on Michigan Ave one day for lunch, one of the best cheeseburgers you will ever taste in your life.
Old 8/11/11, 07:18 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Dean#4AI

I'd be interested in this too although I'm not sure what time I'll get there on Wednesday night.
The cruising/hanging out in the Royal Oak area (typically 12 Mile Road to 14 Mile) usually goes till around 10PM; around 10, the police tend to broom the people hanging out in parking lots. At that point, people either go back to cruising or move a mile or so north to Birmingham, where the police don't really mind anyone hanging out on Old Woodward (branches off Woodward around 14 1/2 mile/Lincoln) as long as nobody's standing in the street or blocking sidewalks. So even if it's late, swing through.
Old 8/11/11, 10:09 AM
GT Member

Woodward

I'll be going, but Mustang Alley is full. I'm like 63 on the wait list. I usually cruise early in the AM when the traffic isn't soo bad.

I'll be making a few rounds during the week as it gets close. This Saturday should be great also.

Family demands we take the 12 this year. (it has AC, LOL)

Mike
Old 8/11/11, 11:09 AM
GTR Member

I'll be down there all week. Doing the Mustang Alley track event and hopefully making it into Mustang Alley on Sat.

We could try and organize something earlier in the week for those in the area. Anyone interested?
Old 8/11/11, 11:17 AM
Mach 1 Member

I was just going to suggest the same thing, I'm down.
Old 8/11/11, 12:50 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Overboost
I'll be down there all week. Doing the Mustang Alley track event and hopefully making it into Mustang Alley on Sat.

We could try and organize something earlier in the week for those in the area. Anyone interested?
Yeah, that would be cool. Fyi, Dean Sellers Ford in Birmingham (just a few miles away) is having a cruise night on Wednesday of that week, and will have Ford guys from the Mustang team there, and I think some guys from Ford Racing as well. They are on Maple (aka 15 mile road) by the Troy Motor Mall. I can post an address if anyone's interested in that as well. What day/time is everyone planning on being around?

Last edited by J1000; 8/11/11 at 01:13 PM.
Old 8/11/11, 01:41 PM
Bullitt Member

You guys figure out the time/place and I'll try to make it. Got meetings Wednesday afternoon and it's a 3.5 hour drive but I'll do the best I can.

It's not like I can fly under the radar with this thing!
Old 8/11/11, 01:46 PM
GT Member

We'll be at Mustang Alley with the Coyote-powered '01 Bullitt. We probably won't there until Thursday evening, but I'm interested in hearing about any events from then on.
Old 8/11/11, 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by J1000
Yeah, that would be cool. Fyi, Dean Sellers Ford in Birmingham (just a few miles away) is having a cruise night on Wednesday of that week, and will have Ford guys from the Mustang team there, and I think some guys from Ford Racing as well. They are on Maple (aka 15 mile road) by the Troy Motor Mall. I can post an address if anyone's interested in that as well. What day/time is everyone planning on being around?
This could be a good place to meet; looks like it starts at 4 pm and goes til 9 pm. I'm gonna be hungry and thirsty too, are they gonna have food too(dogs and burgers?)
Old 8/11/11, 02:08 PM
GTR Member

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by Stangpilot007
I was just going to suggest the same thing, I'm down.
Back home for a bit then, Lawrence? Make sure you take plenty of photographs.......I know they'll be superb given your track record (so no pressure )

Have fun
Old 8/11/11, 02:15 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Dean#4AI
You guys figure out the time/place and I'll try to make it. Got meetings Wednesday afternoon and it's a 3.5 hour drive but I'll do the best I can.

It's not like I can fly under the radar with this thing!
But once you get here, you'll blend in with the others ;-). I was horsing around with a LS last night out there in my car.

I'll try to come up with a good place to meet up, maybe a mile or so down, as the lots are gonna start filling up early over the next week. I live right in the middle of it all.
Old 8/11/11, 02:27 PM
Bullitt Member

This could be a good place to meet; looks like it starts at 4 pm and goes til 9 pm. I'm gonna be hungry and thirsty too, are they gonna have food too(dogs and burgers?)
Yep, there's supposed to be food there, and there's a lot of restaurants right near by as well as a backup.

Quick Reply: Anyone Going To Woodward Dream Cruise?