Notices
2012-2013 BOSS 302

2013 Boss Laguna Seca - no markup

Old 8/20/12, 09:55 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2013 Boss Laguna Seca - no markup

Just stopped by my dealer for a service appointment and they had a 2013 LS in the showroom. I was surprised to find out that they don't mark up the price. He said msrp was the selling price. It seemed kind of abnormal because I see all the time on here about dealers marking up the special edition mustangs. Is my dealer atypical?
Old 8/20/12, 10:14 AM
Cobra Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
No....just a bit smarter than the norm....
Old 8/20/12, 10:24 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The dealer I bought mine from has three "street" Bosses. Two Grabber Blue and a School Bus Yellow. All have the Recaro/Torsen option and car cover. They'll sell for sticker and maybe even a little less. If anyone is interested PM me and I'll send you the contact info.
Old 8/20/12, 01:18 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by SlowRiderr
Just stopped by my dealer for a service appointment and they had a 2013 LS in the showroom. I was surprised to find out that they don't mark up the price. He said msrp was the selling price. It seemed kind of abnormal because I see all the time on here about dealers marking up the special edition mustangs. Is my dealer atypical?
What color and where is it located?

Thanks
Old 8/21/12, 08:53 AM
Bullitt Member

thats good man, down here in miami there is a black LS sitting in a showroom for more than 2 months with a 10K adm and they wont budge
Old 8/23/12, 10:41 AM
Mach 1 Member

Why no Sterling Grey or Deep Impact Blue or Red Candy for the Boss's is beyond me?
Only a fool would pay over MSRP too.
Old 8/23/12, 11:14 AM
V6 Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Driver72
Only a fool would pay over MSRP too.
Or someone who makes more money than you.
Old 8/23/12, 07:36 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by truegeek
Or someone who makes more money than you.
Unless said person is a millionaire (in which case doubtful they'd be shopping for Mustangs), people who make more money are usually much wiser with that money. They usually know better than to just throw it away.
That's pretty much the way it is with those of us in the top 5%.

Last edited by Driver72; 8/23/12 at 07:39 PM.
Old 8/23/12, 09:03 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Last edited by 5 DOT 0; 8/24/12 at 09:40 AM.
Old 8/24/12, 03:47 AM
GT Member

Hey, I saved $4500 on mine using Ford Employee "D" plan. My son's owner said "that's impossible", "no one sells these cars for less than MSRP". Well guess what, some big dealers WILL honor "D" and "X" plan on special models, all you have to do is ask! My son's owner said "I'd be the first guy in the country to get one at that price", my feeling is, I doubt it. Most small dealers (like my son's) only get one, so I understand the MSRP, big dealers like my purchase dealer have 3+ due to their high selling volume. So it's a no-brainer where to look for the deal. Big dealers become big for one reason, they sell a lot of cars, and get allocated more. This dealer has 25+ 2013 Mustangs on the lot!!!
Old 8/24/12, 06:46 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by BOSS MAN 13
Hey, I saved $4500 on mine using Ford Employee "D" plan. My son's owner said "that's impossible", "no one sells these cars for less than MSRP". Well guess what, some big dealers WILL honor "D" and "X" plan on special models, all you have to do is ask! My son's owner said "I'd be the first guy in the country to get one at that price", my feeling is, I doubt it.
I believe your son's owner. $4500 off would put you under invoice on a Boss with Torsen and car cover. $965 under. If you can get that deal, awesome! But I don't think the other dealer was blowing smoke.

Do you have the car already? If not I would be worried that deal might not make it to paper. D plan is not available on Bosses so either someone made a mistake that I hope you get to capitalize on or someone wanted to sell you a Boss cheaper than I've ever heard.

I hope you do get it at that number though. Good luck.

Last edited by Snowman; 8/24/12 at 06:58 AM.
Old 8/24/12, 09:24 AM
Bullitt Member

In short, "D" plan decision is not made by dealership. If they sell at that price expecting reimbursement from Ford, they gonna be sadly disappointed. Better to get the car and get the hell out of Dodge before they find their mistake! Good luck!
Old 8/25/12, 08:48 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by nota4re
In short, "D" plan decision is not made by dealership. If they sell at that price expecting reimbursement from Ford, they gonna be sadly disappointed. Better to get the car and get the hell out of Dodge before they find their mistake! Good luck!

Yup. I'm the GM and I paid more than that
Old 8/27/12, 03:55 AM
GT Member

It's the truth, I picked up the car Saturday, I paid $41,026. for the car, SBY with the Recaro and Accessory package. And they gave me $17,700. trade on my 'O4 Corvette. I am one very happy BOSS owner.

I was told by another dealer it was the selling dealer's decision to honor "D" plan on the BOSS. So the dealer I went to, the GM was also the owner, he had 3 bosses on the floor, so he said "what the hell" and sold me one at "D" plan price.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Last edited by BOSS MAN 13; 8/27/12 at 03:59 AM.
Old 8/27/12, 06:00 AM
Bullitt Member

It's the truth, I picked up the car Saturday, I paid $41,026. for the car, SBY with the Recaro and Accessory package. And they gave me $17,700. trade on my 'O4 Corvette. I am one very happy BOSS owner.

I was told by another dealer it was the selling dealer's decision to honor "D" plan on the BOSS. So the dealer I went to, the GM was also the owner, he had 3 bosses on the floor, so he said "what the hell" and sold me one at "D" plan price.

Congratulations!
Old 8/27/12, 06:29 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
you stole it !!! now go out and drive it that way
Old 8/27/12, 10:58 AM
V6 Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Driver72
Unless said person is a millionaire (in which case doubtful they'd be shopping for Mustangs), people who make more money are usually much wiser with that money. They usually know better than to just throw it away.
That's pretty much the way it is with those of us in the top 5%.
5% wow. I guess that is why you think you know it all and can call people fools who choose to spend their money differently than you. Takes all kinds I guess.
Old 8/28/12, 11:58 AM
Cobra Member

Like any "Plan" deal (AXZD), it's the dealer's option to sell it for that price. However, it is FORD'S option to offer Plan pricing at all on a particular model. In other words, Ford will not reimburse the dealer D-Plan commission on a Boss 302, meaning the dealer will lose money at that price.

Not sure what's up or what your trade is really worth, but congrats if you got a deal you are happy with
Old 8/30/12, 11:03 AM
GT Member

I'll be happy to post my invoice. Sans dealer name, My salesman said his commission amount was based on the customer satisfaction survey. Don't know if that is true too

Sales on '04 Corvettes are soft, but the dealer owns a Chevy store too, so it is a fit on their other lot. I'm happy with the trade of $17,700. I didn't even see one retail for that on E-bay. The car was in excellent shape, but had an issue with the rear hatch (common GM defect). So I was beaten down slightly, Kelly says about $18K to $21K trade (I don't believe it based at what I saw in actual sales of these cars). I paid a $75 office fee and registration.They filled my fuel tank too, as they are supposed to. No complaints, maybe I've just accumulated some REAL GOOD KARMA, I'm not COMPLAINING for sure.
Old 8/31/12, 07:34 PM
GT Member

LS417 arrived just this week in Apache Junction, AZ and as far as I know is available with no ADM. It's black.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2013 Boss Laguna Seca - no markup