Vendor Showcase Forum for Vendors to display their products and specials

Steeda's New Product Preview - S197 Jacking Rails

Search this Thread

Old 2/6/17, 07:53 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 52 Likes on 47 Posts
Hello All:

Small update from our test fitter -

I am planning on installing the jacking rails by Monday or Tuesday and I will be able to confirm wether they fit with the Boss side exhaust
Hopefully we will know more shortly!

Best Regards,

TJ
Old 2/7/17, 12:43 PM
GT Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
YES....they do fit on the Boss 302

When Steeda announced a new set of jacking rails for the S197 platform I asked if they would fit on the Boss 302 with the factory side exhaust. Steeda responded on the forum (the original post is in the vendors section) that they didn't know as they had not attempted a test fit on the Boss 302. During subsequent conversations with Steeda, specifically Tim and Frank I was sent a set of the new jacking rails to determine if they would fit or not.

Upon receiving the jacking rails I found the quality and construction of the jacking rails was excellent....its almost a shame they will be under the car and not seen by anyone. I installed the jacking rails this morning on my 2013 Boss 302 without any problems and didn't have to do anything other than what was shown in the instructions. The rails fit tight to the underside of the car and will make it much easier to jack up.

I want to thank both Tim and Frank for making this possible....as those of us with a Boss 302 know, the rear jacking point is right where the side exhaust exits and causes a few problems when jacking the car up...these rails address that issue perfectly.

I've attached a picture showing the relationship of the rear of the rails to the side exhaust....if I did it right that is....if not, all you have to do is look under your car and find the two existing bolt holes that are about even with the back of the door...this is where the rear of the rails bolts into and is nowhere close to the side exhaust
Attached Thumbnails Steeda's New Product Preview - S197 Jacking Rails-jacking-rails.jpg  
Old 2/7/17, 12:46 PM
GT Member

On a side note....it actually took me longer to jack up the car and put it on jack stands than it did to install the rails.....and the car is a daily driver and has about 48,000 miles on it so the underside is not show car clean...but rather daily driven and enjoyed clean !!
Old 2/7/17, 06:44 PM
Cobra Member

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts
Good to know bro. So I'm 99.9% sure I know the answer to this from your pics and description. But just to make sure, you didn't have to touch, loosen, move, bend or otherwise any part of the side pipes to bolt these on correct?
Old 2/7/17, 10:25 PM
GT Member

Nope.....you don't have to touch, loosen, move, adjust or anything else with the side pipes....very easy to install. In thinking about it you could probably install them without even jacking up the car....might be a little cramped, but you could do it.
Old 2/7/17, 10:28 PM
GT Member

If anyone needs any additional pictures just let me know....the install instructions on Steeda's website show everything else pretty clearly.
Old 2/8/17, 05:01 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts
Thanks BaknBlk.
Old 2/18/17, 09:11 AM
EF1
Mach 1 Member

Received 132 Likes on 118 Posts
I finally got around to installing the jacking plates on my 2011 GT. The fit is spot on and they look like they will make jacking up at home much easier. The hardest part was getting the rear bolts started. Since the car is 6 years old now, the threads were pretty dirty from normal driving. After fighting with the first two I sprayed some penetrating oil into the other side to make things much easier. All in all an easy installation and another useful part from Steeda.
Old 2/18/17, 03:53 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by EF1
I finally got around to installing the jacking plates on my 2011 GT. The fit is spot on and they look like they will make jacking up at home much easier. The hardest part was getting the rear bolts started. Since the car is 6 years old now, the threads were pretty dirty from normal driving. After fighting with the first two I sprayed some penetrating oil into the other side to make things much easier. All in all an easy installation and another useful part from Steeda.
Great to hear ... keep spreading the word!

Best Regards.

TJ
Old 3/25/17, 09:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TJ,
Looks like these rails use the more forward pair of rear holes next to the pinch weld. This is great for the Boss which uses the most rearward holes for exhaust mounting, but for me this leaves the jacking rails a bit short of the rear where I would put jack stands. Is there a version being created that is longer and would use the more rearward holes? This would extend the rail and be more functional. If not, would you consider doing a pair like this for testing or custom order? If so I would definitely be interested.

Last edited by Silverbulit; 3/25/17 at 09:33 PM.
Old 3/26/17, 09:48 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I just ordered a set, I can't wait to put them on.
Old 3/26/17, 01:19 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by Silverbulit
TJ,
Looks like these rails use the more forward pair of rear holes next to the pinch weld. This is great for the Boss which uses the most rearward holes for exhaust mounting, but for me this leaves the jacking rails a bit short of the rear where I would put jack stands. Is there a version being created that is longer and would use the more rearward holes? This would extend the rail and be more functional. If not, would you consider doing a pair like this for testing or custom order? If so I would definitely be interested.
They follow a similar design as our S550 to keep them shorter, for better weight savings.

With that being said, I sent a note to our manufacturing department to inquire.

Here is a photo of our jacking rails in action ... you can see, if though they are shorter, they still do the job!

TJ
Old 3/26/17, 01:20 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by Mustang dog
I just ordered a set, I can't wait to put them on.
Would love to hear your feedback & photos ... word-of-mouth marketing is our best asset

Best Regards,

TJ
The following users liked this post:
Mustang dog (3/27/17)
Old 4/1/17, 08:27 PM

Thumbs up

Thanks TJ. PM me this week if the manufacturing guys will make a longer set. I'd like to get some jacking rails on the car soon and would be glad to be the guinea pig for the XL version. Great action pic BTW.

Last edited by Silverbulit; 4/1/17 at 08:38 PM.
Old 4/2/17, 06:49 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Thanks TJ. PM me this week if the manufacturing guys will make a longer set. I'd like to get some jacking rails on the car soon and would be glad to be the guinea pig for the XL version. Great action pic BTW.
I actually spoke to manufacturing on Friday regarding this subject - unfortunately, there are no immediate plans to make a longer rail for various reasons - making them longer won't allow them to work with the convertible or with some of the other Steeda parts we sell.

Best Regards,

TJ
Old 4/2/17, 09:24 PM

Thanks for checking TJ. I was a little concerned about how close the end of the rail was to the center of gravity and the stability of the car on 4 jack stands. Your pic convinced me to go ahead and get a set. Looking forward to getting them on before my next track day.
Old 4/5/17, 12:35 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Thanks for checking TJ. I was a little concerned about how close the end of the rail was to the center of gravity and the stability of the car on 4 jack stands. Your pic convinced me to go ahead and get a set. Looking forward to getting them on before my next track day.
We'll look forward to your feedback!

TJ
Old 4/5/17, 06:00 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Stability on jacking rails

Have no fear the car is rock solid with four jack stands under the jacking rails. I recently had mine in the air for a week in the garage to install my catback and IRS subframe supports, no movement whatsoever and no worries even with the kids running around. Typical Steeda quality!
Old 4/6/17, 02:17 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts
Those who have these, do you use them for both jacking and jack stands? Where do you place the jack? The stands?
Old 4/6/17, 05:49 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by berzerk_1980
Those who have these, do you use them for both jacking and jack stands? Where do you place the jack? The stands?
Both, I like the jack stands as outboard as possible so I place the Jack about 6-8" in from each end