MRT Introduces 2005-2011 Mustang Rear Window Louvers

Search this Thread

Old 10/7/10, 02:25 PM
GT Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

For Immediate Release:

Plymouth, Michigan-Team MRT is pleased to announce their new rear window louver for 2005-2011 Mustangs. The new MRT louvers complete the lines of the Mustang without compromising rear window visibility.

The rear window louvers are engineered so that each slat produces a tight flowing look with an arc that compliments the rear window. Since each slat has a smooth, seamless surface, there are not any distracting rivets and distracting hardware.

MRT offers its new rear window louvers power-coated satin black and ready to install. They feature a patented one piece all- aluminum design that is light weight and durable. The louvers are hinged for an easy lift for cleaning and the standard MRT prop rod makes cleaning a one person job.

The MRT rear window louvers are made in America and do not require any metal drilling or modifications during installation. The hardware kit includes instructions and material that are needed.

MRT, headquartered in Plymouth, Michigan is a performance aftermarket engineering, customization and sales company that specializes in automotive exhaust, styling and performance.

Team MRT 734-455-5897 www.shopmrt.com
Attached Thumbnails MRT Introduces 2005-2011 Mustang Rear Window Louvers-gb4.jpg   MRT Introduces 2005-2011 Mustang Rear Window Louvers-jess2.jpg  
Attached Images  

Last edited by MRTracing; 10/14/10 at 08:14 AM.
Old 10/7/10, 08:43 PM
legacy Tms Member

Received 67 Likes on 32 Posts
do these fit tight enough that you cannot see daylight between the upper slat and roofline? and does the lowest slat have a curve that MATCHES the front of the trunk/rear glass line?I love the slats on my 69, but havent seen a set that seemed to fit they way I thought they should...the Roush are the best Ive seen to date, but they are still not quite what I wanted to see...

I know on the new mustangs, the window shape itself is the problem- top edge is straight(like a 69) but bottom has a substantial curvature to it...the 69 top slat is actually drawn like a three sided box, so it closes off the top edge tight, and that looks good...the following at the bottom on the new one though that means each slat has to be progressively more curved to get a match at the bottom...near as I could tell, if I fabbed a set with the matching curve, I would need to modify the trunklid hinge so it moved less forward upon opening too- else the pesky lower radius would hit the lid...always figured on trying to make a tight fitting set someday, but Ive already got several lifetimes of unfinished projects to work on
Old 10/12/10, 01:17 PM
GT Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by ford4v429
do these fit tight enough that you cannot see daylight between the upper slat and roofline? and does the lowest slat have a curve that MATCHES the front of the trunk/rear glass line?I love the slats on my 69, but havent seen a set that seemed to fit they way I thought they should...the Roush are the best Ive seen to date, but they are still not quite what I wanted to see...

I know on the new mustangs, the window shape itself is the problem- top edge is straight(like a 69) but bottom has a substantial curvature to it...the 69 top slat is actually drawn like a three sided box, so it closes off the top edge tight, and that looks good...the following at the bottom on the new one though that means each slat has to be progressively more curved to get a match at the bottom...near as I could tell, if I fabbed a set with the matching curve, I would need to modify the trunklid hinge so it moved less forward upon opening too- else the pesky lower radius would hit the lid...always figured on trying to make a tight fitting set someday, but Ive already got several lifetimes of unfinished projects to work on

Thanks for the question! These are the same Louvers that Roush sold and the appearance will be the same. Sounds like you may need a custom fabricated part to meet your 69 style requirements.